Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 24, 2019, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Policy Changes effective March 22, 2019

NOTE: FOR PLATINUM CARD MEMBERS ONLY

The Centurion Lounge is a day of departure lounge. We will not admit arriving Platinum Card Members with boarding passes for flights that have just landed. We will admit Platinum Card Members with layovers or connecting flights who produce proof of connecting flight.

We will not admit Platinum Card Members more than 3 hours before the departure time on the Platinum Card Member’s same-day, confirmed boarding pass. This does not apply to Platinum Card Members with a connecting flight.

We will admit children under 2 years of age free of charge, provided an accompanying parent or guardian is able to produce a “lap infant” boarding pass or proof of age
Source: https://thecenturionlounge.com/info/access/
Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge crowding (2015-2019)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2017, 3:04 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by JHake10
Looks like AMEX has secured a new larger space in DFW.
Discussion here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ch-2017-a.html
Old Sep 20, 2017, 3:55 am
mia

Moderator action

Discussion of AF/KLM club as alternate to SFO Centurion lounge moved:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...s-benefit.html
Old Sep 20, 2017, 7:14 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
Originally Posted by drwilliams
Exactly.

Maybe x visits per membership year, and you get extra passes for every $10,000 in spend (or pick another number).

Another option is to provide x passes per year, plus you can buy passes (per visit or in bulk) at a discount.
That would work for me as I only use it a couple times a year but I'm with my wife and two kids.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by NYTA
That would work for me as I only use it a couple times a year but I'm with my wife and two kids.
Why don't you just add your wife as an authorized user so she has her own access privileges?

If you "use it a couple times a year" the $175 AU fee more than made up by the visits themselves.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 7:20 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
Originally Posted by Statman
Why don't you just add your wife as an authorized user so she has her own access privileges?

If you "use it a couple times a year" the $175 AU fee more than made up by the visits themselves.
at $87.50 per visit I think I'd rather have a nice meal at one of the airport restaurants.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 7:36 am

Programs: Fairmont, Amex MR, Marriott
Originally Posted by NYTA
Could also be a dollar value amount. If access is $50pp, a $500 credit toward lounge access would provide 10 passes, as an example.

Could also be used in marketing to new cardholders as a benefit!
Old Sep 22, 2017, 8:50 am
mia

Moderator action

Tangential discussion of Priority Pass lounge access has been moved:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...s-benefit.html
Old Sep 24, 2017, 10:07 am

I just cannot believe that this thread has been going from January 2015 about crowding at an Airport lounge. They are at airports moving thousand of folks daily, not your Country Club where maybe it's a 100 on any given day. If you don't like the crowd in the AMEX club leave. (Its not like AA, DL or UA clubs are never crowded.) Everyone else is paying an annual fee to be there too, so suck it up and eat the food and drink the booze (which is better then at AA, DL or UA club) and stop complaining and enjoy them while you can, before these Centurion clubs go the way of the last Centurion clubs - closed.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 12:10 pm

Programs: Fairmont, Amex MR, Marriott
Originally Posted by wesheltonj
I just cannot believe that this thread has been going from January 2015 about crowding at an Airport lounge. They are at airports moving thousand of folks daily, not your Country Club where maybe it's a 100 on any given day. If you don't like the crowd in the AMEX club leave. (Its not like AA, DL or UA clubs are never crowded.) Everyone else is paying an annual fee to be there too, so suck it up and eat the food and drink the booze (which is better then at AA, DL or UA club) and stop complaining and enjoy them while you can, before these Centurion clubs go the way of the last Centurion clubs - closed.
Discussing travel issues is one of the reasons for Flyertalk.

That is why people discuss things like lounge crowding here.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 12:44 pm

Programs: Lost it all and don't care
Was at the IAH Centurion lounge yesterday from 730 to close and it had maybe 15 people in it the entire time. Been there 4-5 -times this year and that level of "crowd" seems normal to me.

Most people probably give up trying to find it.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 12:45 pm
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by wesheltonj
Except that, in general, crowding at the Centurion Lounges is on average about the same as the worst I have ever seen at a DL, AA, or UA lounge. I.E. crowding at Centurion Lounges is much worse than DL, AA, or UA.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 1:39 pm

Programs: AA, DL, Avis, Enterprise, National, IHG, HH, SPG/MR
Originally Posted by stc
Except that, in general, crowding at the Centurion Lounges is on average about the same as the worst I have ever seen at a DL, AA, or UA lounge. I.E. crowding at Centurion Lounges is much worse than DL, AA, or UA.
Which airports? Maybe I just fly at odd hours, but ACs in particular have always been less crowded for me than the CLs I usually pass through...
Old Sep 24, 2017, 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by stc
Where? I have been at DFW at all time of the day and night and have never not able to find a place to sit. Vegas no problem, IAH no problem.

I have been in DL in SLC standing room only several times.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by KDS777
Was at the IAH Centurion lounge yesterday from 730 to close and it had maybe 15 people in it the entire time. Been there 4-5 -times this year and that level of "crowd" seems normal to me.

Most people probably give up trying to find it.
More likely is that there are not that many later evening outbound flights...there is a reason so much of that airport has rolled up the sidewalks long before 10P hits...

AM travel sees a much more pronounced crowd in there on my flights ex-IAH...
Old Sep 25, 2017, 11:33 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
I was at the Seattle Club today which is usually fairly crowded. I overheard a gentleman, who appeared to be the manager, was speaking to two of the employees and told them that they had just signed a lease for new space that was much larger in the C gates but that it would take a while to be operational.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.