Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion and Platinum airport lounge access: Airspace, Centurion, Delta, Escape

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 17, 2015, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Boraxo
This thread is for discussion of lounges accessed by presenting the Centurion or Platinum Card.

Click HERE for discussion of the separate Priority Pass benefit.

All American Express Centurion and Platinum charge cards issued worldwide provide access to:
  • Delta SkyClubs when flying DL.
  • Airspace lounges when flying any airline. Current location: SAN.
  • US Escape Lounges when flying any airline. Current locations: BDL, GSP, MSP, OAK, ONT, PBI, PHX, PVD, RNO, SMF. (N.B. UK locations are accessible via Priority Pass.)
  • Most Plaza Premium lounges; Plaza Premium First lounges seem to be excluded.
  • AMEX Centurion Lounges when flying any airline. (Please do not use this thread to post about individual Centurion clubs. Use the dedicated thread for each location.)

Current Centurion Lounges:
  • DFW Dallas (2013, Expanded 2018)
  • DEN Denver (2021)
  • HKG Hong Kong (2017)
  • IAH Houston (2016)
  • LAS Las Vegas (2013)
  • MIA Miami (2015, Expanded 2019)
  • LGA New York, La Guardia (2014)
  • PHL Philadelphia (2017)
  • PHX Phoenix (2020)
  • SFO San Francisco (2014)
  • SEA Seattle (2015, Expanded 2017)

These additional locations are announced, but not yet open:
  • CLT Charlotte
  • LHR London, Heathrow
  • LAX Los Angeles----open now in TBIT
  • JFK New York, Kennedy---open now in T4

Current international locations: CGH, EZE, HKG, GDL, GIG, GRU, MEX, MTY

Cards issued in USA also include:
  • Priority Pass Select which includes most AS lounges, hundreds of independent lounges, but no AA, DL or UA lounges. AS lounges exclude Priority Pass at peak periods.
  • $200 Airline Fee Credit which can be used to partially reimburse the cost of an AA, AS, DL or UA club membership.

Cards issued outside the USA include:
  • Priority Pass.
  • Access to other lounges or networks which vary by country.

Airspace lounge access includes spouse and children under age 21, or up to two traveling companions, at no cost.
DL no longer accepts guests at no charge. Discussion here: Delta Skyclub-- no more free guest
Priority Pass access includes the cardholder plus two guests. Additional guests are $27 each per visit.
Escape lounges will admit AU cardholders who are minors traveling solo. Amex and DL explicitly prohibit minors from entering without adults, but YMMV.

Access to select Lufthansa Lounges When Flying Lufthansa: There does not seem to be a page announcing this, but if you go to the Lounge Finder here: https://www.americanexpress.com/idc/...llection.html/ and enter a German airoport (I know that FRA and MIC works) you get the listing. It basically bumps you up one lounge - so if you are travelling coach, you get access to the Business Class Lounge, if you are flying Business Class, you get the First Class (Senator) Lounge.

Print Wikipost

Centurion and Platinum airport lounge access: Airspace, Centurion, Delta, Escape

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2017, 7:36 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Customers with select Platinum American Express credit cards may access Delta Sky Clubs when traveling on a same-day Delta operated flight or Delta marketed WestJet operated flight booked through Delta (tickets starting with the number 006). Does not include Delta SkyMiles co-branded American Express Platinum Card. Platinum American Express cardholders may enter the club with up to two guests for an additional fee.
https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...-of-terms.html
Old Jun 18, 2017, 7:51 pm

Delta Skyclub Access for Guest with Amex Platinum

Hi,

I have the Amex Platinum and have an upcoming multi-stop itinerary on Delta. Will I need to pay a separate guest fee for each skyclub visit for my travelling partner, or does one guest fee cover multiple entries throughout the day (at different airports)? I'd imagine it's the former but thought I'd ask to see whether anyone has come across this before.

Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 7:53 pm

Programs: SPG/Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold
You have to pay at each lounge you stop at. I asked this same question about a year ago and the agent said a pass at the NYC location for example would not work at a delta lounge in ATL
Old Jun 18, 2017, 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by zorbachs
You have to pay at each lounge you stop at. I asked this same question about a year ago and the agent said a pass at the NYC location for example would not work at a delta lounge in ATL
Not surprising but thank you for the confirmation.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 6:53 am

Programs: AC Black Card, Nexus
So I have a couple questions...

• The Centurion Lounge in LGA is pre-security? So I'd have to go through all the security stuff after? That doesn't make much sense!

• I wish there was a way to add Centurion Lounges to the Priority Pass App so its easier to find all lounges accessible by Amex Plat

• Probably not the place, but Priority Pass App shows the Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge as a lounge accessible via Priority Pass in LGA, normally AC Maple League Lounges aren't on these lists, is this correct?
Old Sep 29, 2017, 8:23 am
mia

The USA version of the American Express Android app includes an integrated lounge finder tool which includes Airspace, Centurion, Delta, Escape, plus Priority Pass lounges. I do not know if the Canadian app has the same feature.

American Express can only build a lounge where space is available. LGA is the only one outside security.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 8:43 am

Programs: AC Black Card, Nexus
Originally Posted by mia
The USA version of the American Express Android app includes an integrated lounge finder tool which includes Airspace, Centurion, Delta, Escape, plus Priority Pass lounges. I do not know if the Canadian app has the same feature.

American Express can only build a lounge where space is available. LGA is the only one outside security.
Hey thanks!!

I think I found it in the Amex Canada App! (My Platinum > Airport Lounges). Game changing, thank you so much!
Old Sep 29, 2017, 10:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by mia
Additionally, at LGA Terminal B, where the AMEX Centurion Lounge is, there are 4 separate concourses each with their own TSA checkpoints. Therefore, with the Centurion's being land side, lounge users don't have to clear security in one concourse just to get to the lounge, then clear security again to get to their gates.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 7:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Anyone worried that after Amex gets a few more lounges, they'll dump Delta's Skyclubs from the Platinum cards?
Old Mar 23, 2018, 9:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by josephstern
Anyone worried that after Amex gets a few more lounges, they'll dump Delta's Skyclubs from the Platinum cards?
Its a possibility but maybe too far in the future. Currently most centurions are targeted towards AA locations and gates. So they need to keep Delta's Skyclub for those clients. Also they are not AA partners so it was probably too expensive for them. To the contrary, they are big partners with Delta so it probably doesnt cost them as much.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 1:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by lotrbfme
To the contrary, they are big partners with Delta so it probably doesnt cost them as much.
Yeah it's a mutually beneficial relationship. I've switched a fair bit of my flying to DL in part because I get SkyClub access at SFO based on AMEX Plat.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 8:01 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Mileage Plus, WestJet Gold, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by yosemite1

• The Centurion Lounge in LGA is pre-security? So I'd have to go through all the security stuff after? That doesn't make much sense!

• I wish there was a way to add Centurion Lounges to the Priority Pass App so its easier to find all lounges accessible by Amex Plat

• Probably not the place, but Priority Pass App shows the Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge as a lounge accessible via Priority Pass in LGA, normally AC Maple League Lounges aren't on these lists, is this correct?
The AC Maple Leaf Lounges at LAX was in Priority Pass for years, I believe they dropped it after moving into the new terminal. I think it comes down to the Maple Leaf lounges were built for Aeroplan Latitude and AC Business Class customers. If there is extra capacity in the foreign location, they participate in Priority Pass. They may block Priority Pass to only certain times of the day, you need to look at Priority Pass description for the lounge.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 3:31 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by yosemite1

I wish there was a way to add Centurion Lounges to the Priority Pass App so its easier to find all lounges accessible by Amex Plat

I realize I'm replying to a months old post but it may help someone in the future....the AMEX app has a "lounge finder" function embedded in the app. It's accessible via the "membership" button on the bottom. It will list lounges available via both PP and the Plat.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 3:33 pm
mia

Originally Posted by Diplomatico
... AMEX app has a "lounge finder" function embedded in the app.....
USA app does. Not sure this exists in versions published in other countries.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 2:31 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mia
USA app does. Not sure this exists in versions published in other countries.
​​​​Yep, just statement, rewards, offers, account in UK app - although they have finally added biometric login! No lounge finder ability that I can see.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.