Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

MR USA: 40% transfer bonus to British Airways 12.15.2014 to 1.31.2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: Which Membership Rewards to BAEC transfer bonus pattern do you prefer?
One 40% transfer bonus per year (e.g. 2014)
90.30%
Three smaller (20%, 30%, 35%) bonuses per year (e.g. 2013)
9.70%
Voters: 165. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jan 28, 2015, 6:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
On January 28, 2015 British Airways announced changes to Executive Club earning and redemption charts which will affect the value of Avois points.

Click here to join the discussion in the BAEC forum: Executive Club Changes
Print Wikipost

MR USA: 40% transfer bonus to British Airways 12.15.2014 to 1.31.2015

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2015, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by alex1089
How do you guys manage to score any economy flights? Most dates and trips that I've checked simply say unavailable.

I want to transfer points from two accounts but am afraid I won't have the opportunity to use them.
This has been my issue too, though I did manage to find availability to book a one way flight for 12,000 Avios, or 8,000 something MR points last night. I even have searched the same thing on AA (which shows saver space) and BA (which doesn't). Kind of frustrating.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by flyaxa
Where and how are you searching? For domestic, you can search AA.com. To use Avios you must find MileSAAver space, preferably on direct routes (Avios charges on each segment). When you find it on AA.com, you can then either feed it into BA.com, which doesn't always work, or call BA to book. Do a Google or FT search for "Booking American awards with Avios" for more detail.

For KLM flights, you'll need to transfer MRs to Delta or Flying Blue. Not sure of a way, off the top of my head to book Lufthansa with MRs.
Aeroplan has Lufthansa, but transfer bonuses seem scarce.
I was searching for flights on avios/ba.com and most were unavailable.

There are plenty on milesSAAver flights on AA. So I can book any of the MileSAAver flights there by just calling BA?
Thanks for the info, I was confused since there is little to nno flights on the BA.com search.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 2:23 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by flyaxa
Not sure of a way, off the top of my head to book Lufthansa with MRs.
There are three Star Alliance partners: AC NH or SQ

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
I even have searched the same thing on AA (which shows saver space) and BA (which doesn't). Kind of frustrating.
In this case you need to call BA to book. If the sAAver seats exists on aa.com you can book through BAEC, but not always online.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by mia
There are three Star Alliance partners: AC NH or SQ

In this case you need to call BA to book. If the sAAver seats exists on aa.com you can book through BAEC, but not always online.
That changes everything! There are a ton of SAAver flights on AA. Thanks for the help

Also, is there any way to get transfer bonus from any of the star alliance members? I haven't found any and from what I've read all of them charge a hefty tax/fuel surcharges.

Thanks again!
Old Jan 10, 2015, 3:13 pm
mia

... any way to get transfer bonus from any of the star alliance members?
The bonuses are offered by the programs, not by American Express. I suggest that you study the Wikiposts at the top of these two threads. The first will help you understand how to use airline partners, the second will allow you to see how frequently (if ever) a program has offered a transfer bonus:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...l-program.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...a-history.html

Many questions are best researched in the program's own forum, rather than in the American Express forum. For information about BA start here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...os-2015-a.html
Old Jan 12, 2015, 7:14 am

does anyone know if AMEX will allow you to advance MR points that are pending. I have the Everyday card
Old Jan 12, 2015, 7:22 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
After some recent redemptions, i don't have that many points (about 10,000). I can transfer 9,000 to Delta to get over 30,000 points, which is good enough for one-way economy to or from Europe... Or I could transfer to BA and get my points total there above 70,000 (58,000 now)... Not sure what I should do
Old Jan 12, 2015, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by metoo
does anyone know if AMEX will allow you to advance MR points that are pending. I have the Everyday card
I have the green and gold cards and yes, they do that. Just call them.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by mia
Good to know. Thanks. I'll probably transfer over enough for another ticket or two to take advantage of the bonus.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 1:40 pm

Programs: MP(1K) Million Miler, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Good to know. Thanks. I'll probably transfer over enough for another ticket or two to take advantage of the bonus.
Up until about a year ago they permitted Plat cardholders to get a points advance that you paid back with future charges, or with $ if you didn't earn enough points. That program has been terminated but you may be able to call and do so if you get a nice agent. I am going to try to do so this week.

YMMV
Old Jan 12, 2015, 1:43 pm

Programs: MP(1K) Million Miler, Marriott Plat
Aeroplan has Lufthansa, but transfer bonuses seem scarce.
I was searching for flights on avios/ba.com and most were unavailable.

There are plenty on milesSAAver flights on AA. So I can book any of the MileSAAver flights there by just calling BA?
Thanks for the info, I was confused since there is little to nno flights on the BA.com search.
Aeroplan has had a few bonuses from US DC. A couple of years back there was a 50% bonus, and then perhaps a later 40% bonus. However I m not sure what the future holds. I think it is good business for them as their surcharges are outrageous, as I found out when I actually used the points I transferred.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 12:34 pm

Programs: AAdvantage / JetSmarter / AMEX Business Gold, Plat, SPG
so if i transfer my AXP points to BA Avios.. Can i transfer those to AA Advantage or can I book AA award seats with those points?

Thanks!
Old Jan 14, 2015, 12:38 pm
mia

Originally Posted by slay0r
...Can i transfer those to AA Advantage
NO

can I book AA award seats with those points?
You can book sAAver seats (only) on AA through BAEC.

Read here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...os-2015-a.html
Old Jan 14, 2015, 11:18 pm

Programs: AAdvantage / JetSmarter / AMEX Business Gold, Plat, SPG
mia thanks a bunch appreciate the kind, prompt response each time. I have about 750k Amex Reward Points, and 380K AAdvantage miles (just got the business citi card also so i have a 50K bonus coming next month). I'm new to 'gaming' my miles and rewards, love this forum and so happy i finally joined. Apologize if i asked something that has been covered multiple times..i'm afraid I didn't fully use the search function!
Old Jan 15, 2015, 7:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

What's the best way to search for Avios availability if it doesn't show on BA, and AA won't allow it because its too international (around SE Asia and South America). Based on google flights, I think I'm looking for CX award flights, but can't seem to search for CX availability without an Asia Miles account (which they want a $50 fee to join). Any thoughts?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.