Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

MR USA: 40% transfer bonus to British Airways 12.15.2014 to 1.31.2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: Which Membership Rewards to BAEC transfer bonus pattern do you prefer?
One 40% transfer bonus per year (e.g. 2014)
90.30%
Three smaller (20%, 30%, 35%) bonuses per year (e.g. 2013)
9.70%
Voters: 165. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jan 28, 2015, 6:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
On January 28, 2015 British Airways announced changes to Executive Club earning and redemption charts which will affect the value of Avois points.

Click here to join the discussion in the BAEC forum: Executive Club Changes
Print Wikipost

MR USA: 40% transfer bonus to British Airways 12.15.2014 to 1.31.2015

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2015, 9:36 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by hitman1420
So you just kept chatting until you found someone that helped you?
No, it sounds as if tassojunior asked to have the Chat switched to a Membership Rewards agent, rather than a general Customer Service agent.

Originally Posted by tassojunior
SUCCESS!

...specifically asked for a transfer to a MR person on chat. That person transferred my points from pending to available ...
Old Jan 26, 2015, 10:25 am

Programs: Lotz
So you just kept chatting until you found someone that helped you? I'm also having real trouble trying to expedite my MR since my 1st statement just closed.
No, all the other calls and chats made no difference. My first chat transferred to a MR chatter worked in less than 1 minute.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by mia
No, it sounds as if tassojunior asked to have the Chat switched to a Membership Rewards agent, rather than a general Customer Service agent.
No, all the other calls and chats made no difference. My first chat transferred to a MR chatter worked in less than 1 minute.
I see, just gave that a shot and the 1st MR agent said "our bonuses we ask that you allow 6 to 8 weeks from the time the conditions of the promotion are met before the points are awarded."

Will give it a shot later today or tomorrow so I don't annoy them.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 3:04 pm

Great deal did it today
Old Jan 26, 2015, 6:12 pm

Is anyone having any luck getting bonus points changed from pending to active to take advantage of the BA 40% bonus ending 1/31?

Two calls in two weeks have both resulted in AmEx telling me they cannot accelerate pending bonus points.
I also requested via Chat that some pending points be made active. The chatter confirmed that my monthly payment had been received, and it was done within a minute.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 8:52 pm

Is anyone having any luck getting bonus points changed from pending to active to take advantage of the BA 40% bonus ending 1/31?

Two calls in two weeks have both resulted in AmEx telling me they cannot accelerate pending bonus points.
I called in today and got my 100000 points on the Platinum Business expedited and I've already redeemed them for Avios. First billing cycle ended on December 20th and second statement has closed. Representative put me on hold twice but was very helpful. I spoke with membership rewards.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by VABuckeye
I called in today and got my 100000 points on the Platinum Business expedited and I've already redeemed them for Avios. First billing cycle ended on December 20th and second statement has closed. Representative put me on hold twice but was very helpful. I spoke with membership rewards.
Ok, this makes more sense. I've only had 1 statement close recently and have been having an impossible time trying to expedite my bonus points...
Old Jan 26, 2015, 11:03 pm

Programs: Lotz
Ok, this makes more sense. I've only had 1 statement close recently and have been having an impossible time trying to expedite my bonus points...
Chat online during the day and ask to be linked with a MR chatter. Most of us get the points changed from pending to available that way in under a minute and in no other way.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 2:24 am

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Made my transfers today and was poking around in a brand new account.

Were these changes always known??? I'm not liking the tier system.

https://www.britishairways.com/en-us...b/club-changes
Old Jan 28, 2015, 5:34 am

Programs: OW Emerald
Figures BA would announce an devaluation near the end of an MR 40% transfer bonus period.

Luckily we still have 3 months until April 28 to burn these transferred points. Glad I didn't transfer all of my MR stockpile to Avios this time.

http://www.businesstraveller.com/new...executive-club
Old Jan 28, 2015, 5:34 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by sam_goh

Urrr... wouldn't it have been more effective to "poke around" before committing to a points transfer?

Regards
Old Jan 28, 2015, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by dchen2
Figures BA would announce an devaluation near the end of an MR 40% transfer bonus period.

Luckily we still have 3 months until April 28 to burn these transferred points. Glad I didn't transfer all of my MR stockpile to Avios this time.

http://www.businesstraveller.com/new...executive-club
Hmmm... I only redeem Avios for short-haul domestic flights. It looks like the price of Avios redemptions on short-faul BA Partner flights in the USA (AA, US) is not going up. I believe they are staying at 4,500 Avios per leg, per the chart on this page. It says that all partner flights will be priced at the peak price for each respective leg.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 10:57 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by sam_goh

Originally Posted by scubadu
Urrr... wouldn't it have been more effective to "poke around" before committing to a points transfer?

Regards
In fairness to sam_goh this is a pretty late breaking update and now that I've reviewed in more detail, it is quite surprising. I suspect that BA wouldn't have seen nearly the number of Amex MR transfers for this deal if it had been announced much earlier in the offer period.

I was considering transferring a boatload of MR points to BA in this offer, but had been dragging my feet. Now I probably will not do so as the changes to earning has significant bearing on the strategy I was considering.

Regards
Old Jan 28, 2015, 11:11 am

Programs: Cruise addict and AirBNB Plat :)
From what I understood from the changes is that the way you EARN Avios will be different, similar to what DL implemented to their Skypesos program.

How does that affect those of us that plan to redeem shorter segments in the US? (redeem Avios, fly with AA or US)

Thank you.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by aSiAnRiCk
From what I understood from the changes is that the way you EARN Avios will be different, similar to what DL implemented to their Skypesos program.

How does that affect those of us that plan to redeem shorter segments in the US? (redeem Avios, fly with AA or US)

Thank you.
See my previous post... No change for short-haul US flights on AA or UA (BA Partners).

Originally Posted by Patrickthetiger
It looks like the price of Avios redemptions on short-faul BA Partner flights in the USA (AA, US) is not going up. I believe they are staying at 4,500 Avios per leg, per the chart on this page. It says that all partner flights will be priced at the peak price for each respective leg.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.