Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

MR USA: 40% transfer bonus to British Airways 12.15.2014 to 1.31.2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: Which Membership Rewards to BAEC transfer bonus pattern do you prefer?
One 40% transfer bonus per year (e.g. 2014)
90.30%
Three smaller (20%, 30%, 35%) bonuses per year (e.g. 2013)
9.70%
Voters: 165. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jan 28, 2015, 6:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
On January 28, 2015 British Airways announced changes to Executive Club earning and redemption charts which will affect the value of Avois points.

Click here to join the discussion in the BAEC forum: Executive Club Changes
Print Wikipost

MR USA: 40% transfer bonus to British Airways 12.15.2014 to 1.31.2015

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2015, 7:03 pm

Programs: MP(1K) Million Miler, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by flyaxa
In chart Form

Where did this come from? What I have seen on the website is completely different and much higher for OffPeak Biz, among other differences. Am I looking at the wrong chart on their website?
https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...=100000119073#
Old Jan 29, 2015, 8:01 pm

Programs: Belong to Many but No Longer Loyal to Any
Originally Posted by TheCount2
Where did this come from? What I have seen on the website is completely different and much higher for OffPeak Biz, among other differences. Am I looking at the wrong chart on their website?
Thank you for catching that! I put it together to help a friend and those were Off-Peak Premium Economy awards I had under the Off-Peak Biz column. Chart has been corrected.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 10:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was going to transfer a whole bunch of miles then I thought maybe the bonus will be better next tie round since BA miles will be worth less? I can dream, right?
Old Jan 30, 2015, 8:14 am

Programs: IHG Plat
hmm, i wanted to use the points for LAX-Hawaii

i wonder if i should transfer 35700 for 50k after bonus, or transfer all 50k that i have. if i do transfer all of the points, idk what to do with the remaining 20k points. points are still pending anyway though, so maybe i'm looking too far into it.

Welcome to American Express Live Chat! The next available Customer Care Professional will be with you shortly.

For quality assurance, this chat may be recorded and monitored. For your security, please click “END CHAT X” to close this chat window before leaving your computer unattended or when chat is complete. Your estimated wait time is 0 minutes and 18 seconds.
You are now chatting with Elisha.
Elisha: Hi, welcome to American Express Chat. My name is Elisha.How can I help you today?
you: Hi, can you transfer me to a membership rewards representative please?
Elisha: I would be glad to check that option for you. Am I chatting with AAA?
you: yes
Elisha: Thanks for the confirmation!
Elisha: Please allow me a moment.
Please wait while I transfer the chat to the appropriate group.
You are now chatting with Amber.
Amber: Good Morning! Welcome to Membership Rewards chat! My name is Amber, how may I assist you today?
you: Hi AMber
Amber: Hello there!
Amber: How may I help you today?
you: I was just wondering if I could have my pending points expedited to be available
Amber: I'll be more than happy to pull up your account to check on the status of these pending points.
Amber: May I have your name, please?
you: AAA
Amber: Thank you, Mr. AAA! Thank you so much for your valued card membership with American Express!
Amber: I am showing that you have your welcome offer of 50,000 points in pending. Since your first statement has not yet closed yesterday. Once the points from your first statement have been added to the pending balance, we can make these points available to you since you have already paid the balance (thank you!).
Amber: I apologize that I am not able to make these points available to you today. Without the spending points in pending, we do not have the ability to expedite the points. If I was able to do so, I would be happy to do so!
you: ok thank you
guess i'll have to try again

Last edited by indelible; Jan 30, 2015 at 8:34 am
Old Jan 30, 2015, 12:11 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Bonvoy, Alaska, Avios
I've got the email from Amex stating my transfer is complete this AM . Yet unlike Aeroplan it is far from instant. When should I expect the Avios points to show up?
Old Jan 30, 2015, 1:31 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, AA Exec. Platinum
No go on getting my points transferred over. Got the same answer as indelible did and they won't budge even after 3 different chats. As a last ditch effort, I'm trying to have my closing date changed to the 31st of the month (tomorrow) and see if they have the spending points in my pending points pool that way. If not, unless someone has another suggestion I don't see this happening....
Old Jan 30, 2015, 11:39 pm

Request to expedite sign-up bonus was successful via chat. Then transfer to avios was instant..
Old Jan 31, 2015, 7:44 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, CC Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Choice Plat
Originally Posted by WoodenRobot
Request to expedite sign-up bonus was successful via chat. Then transfer to avios was instant..
did you already have your statement closed? I am guessing yes
Old Jan 31, 2015, 12:47 pm

Programs: MS AMEX PLAT- Marriott Titanium-HH G- UA Silver-JPM RC . DL-AA-BA
Just transfered 120,000 of almost 475,000 MR points. Even with the changes I think I will be fine. Plan to use them for mostly short haul in USA but even if that changes I will have some options. 168,000 Avios showed up im my BAEC right away.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 1:43 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, AMEX Plat, UA,AA
Before transferring points, running some examples for domestic direct flights. When I got to AA and see a MileSAAver flight available and then go to BA with same flight, does not show up. Did the same with USAIR and flights that show as available do not on BA.

If an award flight shows on one of those partners but not on BA, does it require a phone reservation from BA? Did not have much luck on several examples with BA.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 7:37 pm

Programs: Belong to Many but No Longer Loyal to Any
Originally Posted by ksoze
Before transferring points, running some examples for domestic direct flights. When I got to AA and see a MileSAAver flight available and then go to BA with same flight, does not show up. Did the same with USAIR and flights that show as available do not on BA.

If an award flight shows on one of those partners but not on BA, does it require a phone reservation from BA? Did not have much luck on several examples with BA.
As we are under the wire for the transfer bonus to BA I won't comment on how many times and in how many places this has been discussed...you must call BA to book these award tickets. You won't see anything on BA.com.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by techoin
did you already have your statement closed? I am guessing yes
Correct. My statement had closed with pending points..
Old Jan 31, 2015, 9:37 pm

Programs: MP(1K) Million Miler, Marriott Plat
I called Platinum customer service and asked for a MR representative. He made the points available immediately, no hesitation, and I then made the transfer to BA, which was instant.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 10:27 pm

Programs: Cruise addict and AirBNB Plat :)
Originally Posted by mikeycanuk
I've got the email from Amex stating my transfer is complete this AM . Yet unlike Aeroplan it is far from instant. When should I expect the Avios points to show up?
Log out from your Avios account and sign back in. You'll see the updated miles now.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by flyaxa
As we are under the wire for the transfer bonus to BA I won't comment on how many times and in how many places this has been discussed...you must call BA to book these award tickets. You won't see anything on BA.com.
Eh? I've booked 20+ domestic direct flights on BA.com on AA metal on the website.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.