Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

MR USA: 40% transfer bonus to British Airways 12.15.2014 to 1.31.2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: Which Membership Rewards to BAEC transfer bonus pattern do you prefer?
One 40% transfer bonus per year (e.g. 2014)
90.30%
Three smaller (20%, 30%, 35%) bonuses per year (e.g. 2013)
9.70%
Voters: 165. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jan 28, 2015, 6:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
On January 28, 2015 British Airways announced changes to Executive Club earning and redemption charts which will affect the value of Avois points.

Click here to join the discussion in the BAEC forum: Executive Club Changes
Print Wikipost

MR USA: 40% transfer bonus to British Airways 12.15.2014 to 1.31.2015

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2015, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by Patrickthetiger
I just called in (again) to the Business Platinum card services line to attempt to accelerate the posting of my MR bonus for my new card. I've called 3 or 4 times and all of the reps I've spoken with have told me that they're unable to accelerate the bonus points. The most recent call offered a little more information-- the rep conferred with a MR supervisor who told her that the AMEX MR folks won't accelerate MR points (bonus or otherwise) for an accountholder with fewer than 6 previous posted statements.

That doesn't make a ton of sense to me, but it seems that is the policy now.
I have also called multiple times today and yesterday. My feedback was around how they dont accelerate sign on bonuses specifically and I would have to wait the full 6-8 weeks.

My pending just updated to include spend done too...so i'm at 85K pending now.

Any one else with similar experience?
Old Jan 20, 2015, 5:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K
I am confused...

I would like to take advantage of this offer but not sure I can use these Avios miles for Alaska Airlines and specifically for the SFO-PSG routing that I do annually multiple times on AK.

I have family in Petersburg AK (PSG) but the BA website does not allow me to book that destination as it says that BA nor partner airlines fly there.

Am I missing something?
Old Jan 20, 2015, 5:34 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by piemel
... BA nor partner airlines fly there.
Read here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...os-2015-a.html

Post #2

Note, currently only flights on BA and oneworld carriers may be booked online. You need to call BA to book redemptions on Aer Lingus or Alaska Airlines.

I believe this also means that availability is not displayed on ba.com, but verify before making the transfer.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 5:45 pm

Programs: Belong to Many but No Longer Loyal to Any
I am confused...

I would like to take advantage of this offer but not sure I can use these Avios miles for Alaska Airlines and specifically for the SFO-PSG routing that I do annually multiple times on AK.

I have family in Petersburg AK (PSG) but the BA website does not allow me to book that destination as it says that BA nor partner airlines fly there.

Am I missing something?
BA.com cannot see AS availability. You need to either search on AS website or AA.com...looking for lowest tier award space. Try to use as few flight segments as possible since BA Avios are calculated on segment lengths. When you find availability you need to call BA to book. When you do so, request they drop the telephone booking fee as AS can't be booked on BA.com. For more details do a FT/Google search for "booking Alaska flights with Avios."
Old Jan 20, 2015, 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by ddavid1101
I have also called multiple times today and yesterday. My feedback was around how they dont accelerate sign on bonuses specifically and I would have to wait the full 6-8 weeks.

My pending just updated to include spend done too...so i'm at 85K pending now.

Any one else with similar experience?
I got approved for my biz gold card on 11/22 of last year. I hit the 10k spend before the first statement closed on 12/22. I called several times, and chatted online with reps after my points went to "pending" after I hit the spend as well, but they are not able to push the points to post because they are considered "bonus" points.

I'm really hoping they finally post systematically after my statement closes on 1/22, so I can take advantage of the 40% transfer.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 8:07 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
What's the best way to search for Avios availability if it doesn't show on BA, and AA won't allow it because its too international (around SE Asia and South America). Based on google flights, I think I'm looking for CX award flights, but can't seem to search for CX availability without an Asia Miles account (which they want a $50 fee to join). Any thoughts?
Qantas?

http://travelisfree.com/2014/12/02/m...-availability/

or

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...d-award-space/
Old Jan 20, 2015, 8:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Thanks for feedback

Not sure if Avios is a slamdunk for me. If I fly SFO-PSG on AK there are actually 2 flights:

SFO-SEA
SEA-JNU
JNU-PSG

And on the way back its even worse :
PSG-WRG-JNU
JNU-SEA
SEA-SFO

Bummer. Does AMEX actually do these bonus programs for AK or AA? I understand that the BA offer is a good deal for probably most here but in my case Im not so sure.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 9:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for feedback

Not sure if Avios is a slamdunk for me. If I fly SFO-PSG on AK there are actually 2 flights:

SFO-SEA
SEA-JNU
JNU-PSG

And on the way back its even worse :
PSG-WRG-JNU
JNU-SEA
SEA-SFO

Bummer. Does AMEX actually do these bonus programs for AK or AA? I understand that the BA offer is a good deal for probably most here but in my case Im not so sure.
Neither AS (if you mean Alaska airline it is NOT AK the state) nor AA is AMEX partner.

There is NO direct flight between SFO and PSG anyway. You would need to connect at JNU at the least. Life of small towns.

The outbound actually are 3 flights, not 2.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 11:32 am

Programs: DL BA Amex
Quantas is a good place to start, but they don't always show accurate Aer Lingus availability. It's usually correct, but there have been times that Quantas has shown a flight available, and when I call BA to book it, it is not there.

Yesterday I called to book a DUB-BOS flight which Quantas showed available in economy, but all BA had available was business class... same exact flight I wanted, so I grabbed it!
Old Jan 23, 2015, 1:05 pm

Programs: Lotz
Is anyone having any luck getting bonus points changed from pending to active to take advantage of the BA 40% bonus ending 1/31?

Two calls in two weeks have both resulted in AmEx telling me they cannot accelerate pending bonus points.

Last edited by tassojunior; Jan 23, 2015 at 2:26 pm
Old Jan 23, 2015, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by bthomas362
Qantas?
I had tried searching on there but they show seats with different colors but it doesn't seem to actually show any flights or say outright "no flights available", so I assume there is no availability? Why can't more airlines emulate United's website for searching award availability, or F, even Aeroplan looks somewhat user friendly compared to the grab bag of airlines I've signed up with just to search availability.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by tassojunior
Is anyone having any luck getting bonus points changed from pending to active to take advantage of the BA 40% bonus ending 1/31?

Two calls in two weeks have both resulted in AmEx telling me they cannot accelerate pending bonus points.
There are similar experiences just a few posts prior to yours.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 8:47 am

The 40% bonus is a good deal but if you miss it keep in mind that there tends to be an Avios Bonus every year. The odds are good that the offer will repeat next December.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 11:10 am

Programs: Lotz

SUCCESS!

Numerous calls and chat to AmEx were unsuccessful. Then at MoTownMan's suggestion I did a chat and specifically asked for a transfer to a MR person on chat. That person transferred my points from pending to available in under 1 minute. Amazing.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 9:33 am

SUCCESS!

Numerous calls and chat to AmEx were unsuccessful. Then at MoTownMan's suggestion I did a chat and specifically asked for a transfer to a MR person on chat. That person transferred my points from pending to available in under 1 minute. Amazing.
So you just kept chatting until you found someone that helped you? I'm also having real trouble trying to expedite my MR since my 1st statement just closed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.