Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge SEA (Opened 30 June 2015; Expanded 22 March 2017; Again in 2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2017, 11:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
New Seattle Centurion Lounge is scheduled to open by August 2022. [Employee response from late May 2022]
From SEA Volunteer Newsletter (Nov. 9 '22): estimated to open in 2023.

Denied Entry/waitlist Date/Day of week/Time:

WAITLIST: May 17, 2019 Friday, 9AM, 10-15 minutes waiting time.
WAITLIST: Oct 9, 2019 Wednesday, 230PM, 15 minutes waiting time.

Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge SEA (Opened 30 June 2015; Expanded 22 March 2017; Again in 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2019, 5:38 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Stopped in yesterday from 9:30 AM to 10:30 AM. A contact who works there let me know that the day before they'd had a waitlist from about 2 PM to 6 PM local. When I arrived the club was about half full. Even so the agents were vigorous about the entry policies. The AS mobile BP hides boarding time in the top right corner so I was asked pointedly what time my flight left before they scanned it. They also booted a man who tried to bring in McDonalds.

As I mentioned the club was pretty empty and I had a choice of seats in the main area or in the bar area. However, by the time I left at 10:30 it was filling up and no sooner had I stood up to go than someone grabbed my table. As usual food was substandard

Cold cuts, breads, cereals (Captain Crunch!) and oatmeal were what I saw.

I did like the water and dried fruit station though

I will say that the bar area with its views is one of my favorite places at any CL to relax. The bartender was also amazing. She came around to pour refills and made great cocktails once the bar opened up at 10:30
kirkwoodj and evergrn like this.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 8:14 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
I wonder why Centurion lounges are always overcrowded. Perhaps club sizes aren’t big enough?
Old Aug 4, 2019, 9:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
This lounge is even more reason for the Platinum cardholder to fly Delta so they have access to the Skyclub which is around the corner from this place. I'm usually a Centurion Lounge defender, but the food here sucks, it's overcrowded pretty much all the time. Last time I was there I was in the far corner in the main room and a guy asked to share my 12 inch table.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 9:30 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
This lounge is even more reason for the Platinum cardholder to fly Delta so they have access to the Skyclub which is around the corner from this place. I'm usually a Centurion Lounge defender, but the food here sucks, it's overcrowded pretty much all the time. Last time I was there I was in the far corner in the main room and a guy asked to share my 12 inch table.
I agree, the gap between the SEA CL and the SEA SC is massive. Unfortunately, I was flying Alaska so it was either this or walk all the way down A to use the United Club or hit up one of The Clubs. This was the best of a bad hand.
krazykanuck likes this.

Last edited by CMK10; Aug 9, 2019 at 6:29 am Reason: Typo
Old Aug 6, 2019, 10:52 am

Programs: MARRIOTT TITANIUM / HILTON GOLD / UA SILVER / AMEX PLAT
Originally Posted by cfabar1
I wonder why Centurion lounges are always overcrowded. Perhaps club sizes aren’t big enough?
Free* booze and free* average hot food. I won't mention relaxation as I find an military chow hall to be more relaxing and less busy.

*Paid through your AF
Old Aug 6, 2019, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CMK10
I agree, the gap betweel the SEA CL and the SEA SC is massive. Unfortunately, I was flying Alaska so it was either this or walk all the way down A to use the United Club or hit up one of The Clubs. This was the best of a bad hand.
The problem I have is that when I'm in SEA I'm not flying Delta. And I think that applies to most folks, which is why the DL lounge is so much calmer!
Old Aug 7, 2019, 12:23 pm

Programs: Amex Biz Cent, Marriott LTP, Avis PC, Hilton Owners Diamond, AS MVP
Originally Posted by cfabar1
What I want to know is who is allowed to “reserve” a table, and how can I do that.
Like the other person replied, tables are reserved for Centurion members. That said, it's not as if I can call in and request a reservation at a particular date and time -- it just means each lounge has one or two tables always reserved for any Centurion members that show up. It's a nice little perk, especially cause it means never being turned away despite a waitlist for Plats. Other than that, the other minor Centurion benefits include a selection of nicer champagne and scotch, and the agents also usually will take the drink order while walking you to the table and bring it to you directly in order to avoid any lines at the bar.
kirkwoodj and JordanWalker like this.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 11:11 am

Exclamation SEA Centurion Lounge or other for quick lunch?

I have about 1hr layover flying on DL this weekend at SEA. I am looking for the best lounge option for hot food and/or lunch options. I do have Centurion Lounge access which is beneficial since I will have a guest with me, but I have heard the Delta SkyClub might be a better option? I'm aware this would cost $29 for my guest, so it would need to be considerably better I imagine. I don't really care which lounge is larger, just talking food quality and options here.

Also have priority pass through CSR but seldom use it because of the lackluster options domestic anyway.

Thanks.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by fastpoint
I have about 1hr layover flying on DL this weekend at SEA. I am looking for the best lounge option for hot food and/or lunch options. I do have Centurion Lounge access which is beneficial since I will have a guest with me, but I have heard the Delta SkyClub might be a better option? I'm aware this would cost $29 for my guest, so it would need to be considerably better I imagine. I don't really care which lounge is larger, just talking food quality and options here.

Also have priority pass through CSR but seldom use it because of the lackluster options domestic anyway.

Thanks.
The Club had a decent lunch spread this past week. (Priority Pass) While the only hot options were soup and macaroni y cheese, there were a few sandwiches/wraps, and decent salad bar offerings.
The hot options in the Centurion Lounge weren't particularly appealing. I did nibble on the chicken dish, which wasn't bad, but actually glad we ate first at The Club (which is a long hike down the A gates).
Old Aug 14, 2019, 2:11 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
I think the Delta SkyClub is a bit better personally. A bit more substantial food items, larger space, better views. Not sure if it's worth paying $29 for what it offers beyond Centurion Lounge, but they're not too far apart. Why not go to Centurion, see if it's worth it, then pop over to Delta Lounge if you're wanting more?
Old Aug 14, 2019, 7:08 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Usually cross-posting is discouraged. I'll tag Mia but we should probably merge your two threads...

Lunch at SEA Skyclub

Skyclub > Centurion except for alcohol selection, but not $29 better for a guest fee. Remember DL starts boarding 40 minutes before domestic departures so with a one hour layover you really have 20 minutes to disembark and navigate to the other gate. Row 25 on an A321 and you might not even have time to stop at either!
Old Aug 14, 2019, 8:21 pm

I appreciate the heads up. Merge away.

Was not sure the best place to ask - but thanks for the feedback.
Old Oct 2, 2019, 10:35 am

Programs: Amex Biz Cent, Marriott LTP, Avis PC, Hilton Owners Diamond, AS MVP
Does the SEA lounge not participate in the mobile checkin feature? The lounge shows up in the Amex app but there's no "begin lounge check-in" button on the page like what I see when pulling up the SFO lounge page. Hadn't used the feature yet and was curious to try it out before a flight today
Old Nov 4, 2019, 5:48 pm

Very unimpressed with the Centurion lounge at SEA.
It is way too small and crowded.
Very claustrophobic
When I was there, around noon or so, the place was jampacked!
There were almost no seats.
It was so difficult to navigate with a carryon.
Food was decent though, with a good selection.

Delta Skyclub is way nicer.
Very bright, lots of room, dont feel closed in, plenty of seating, lots of windows with 2 storey ceiling to floor windows.
Food is decent and as good if not better than Centurion.

Definitely wont be going to Centurion lounge if flying on Delta.
krazykanuck likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2019, 5:47 pm

Programs: Air Canada A35K, Bonvoy Platinum
How does the wait list work? If had a few hours to kill could you hypothetically go to the Centurion lounge, put your name on the waitlist, go to the Club lounge for a bit to eat their superior food, then return to Centurion for their superior cocktails when you've moved up the list? Or do you lose your spot on the wait list if you're not there when they call your name?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.