Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge SEA (Opened 30 June 2015; Expanded 22 March 2017; Again in 2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2017, 11:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
New Seattle Centurion Lounge is scheduled to open by August 2022. [Employee response from late May 2022]
From SEA Volunteer Newsletter (Nov. 9 '22): estimated to open in 2023.

Denied Entry/waitlist Date/Day of week/Time:

WAITLIST: May 17, 2019 Friday, 9AM, 10-15 minutes waiting time.
WAITLIST: Oct 9, 2019 Wednesday, 230PM, 15 minutes waiting time.

Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge SEA (Opened 30 June 2015; Expanded 22 March 2017; Again in 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2021, 6:25 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I stopped in last Saturday at 2 PM. This seems to be an off time as there was no wait list though there's a wait to get in because of the bottleneck entrance design. Oh and because no one ever seems to have their BP, ID and card ready I digress.

Food options changed since two weeks ago to a meatloaf and quinoa pepper side. A fellow guest saw me taking pictures and asked why. I explained I wrote lounge reviews. She told me to "tell them the food is s-word". So now I have.

The bar is always worth a stop. Two local beers on tap and a few locals in cans as well. Better beer selection than the Skyclub in fact (the SC only has Elysian on tap and Elysian is not very good).
Old Sep 15, 2021, 6:38 am

Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors
Originally Posted by CMK10
Food options changed since two weeks ago to a meatloaf and quinoa pepper side. A fellow guest saw me taking pictures and asked why. I explained I wrote lounge reviews. She told me to "tell them the food is s-word". So now I have.
Remember that this Lounge started as the "Centurion Studio". They only offered cold snacks and they do not have a kitchen here. In response to guest feedback they tried to expand the food offerings but they are limited to things that can be prepared offsite and transported and reheated. In a couple of years we will get a new Centurion Lounge which will have a kitchen, but with their current facilities they are really limited in what they can do.
The bar is always worth a stop. Two local beers on tap and a few locals in cans as well. Better beer selection than the Skyclub in fact (the SC only has Elysian on tap and Elysian is not very good).
The bar is great. Elysian has some decent beers in their brewpubs. But keep in mind that Elysian sadly sold out to AB Inbev so it's a corporate brand like Goose Island.
dw and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Sep 18, 2021, 12:01 pm

I stopped in last Saturday at 2 PM. This seems to be an off time as there was no wait list though there's a wait to get in because of the bottleneck entrance design. Oh and because no one ever seems to have their BP, ID and card ready I digress.

Any chance you remember what the two beers on tap were. I was there last night and had the IPA, which I thought was pretty good. But I didn't catch the name of the brewery.

Last edited by mia; Sep 18, 2021 at 12:48 pm Reason: Please do not Quote images.
Old Sep 18, 2021, 5:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mkorpal3333
Any chance you remember what the two beers on tap were. I was there last night and had the IPA, which I thought was pretty good. But I didn't catch the name of the brewery.
The two beers are Mac & Jack's American Amber and Georgetown Brewing Bodhizafa IPA
Old Sep 19, 2021, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I swung by here last night and this morning on my mileage run to Alaska. No wait/line to get in around 5pm yesterday or 8am this morning. Showers remain unavailable, though the excuse differs depending on who you ask. Last night the front desk rep said there were "drainage issues," this morning they said "personnel shortage." Like come on, just out with it and say Amex doesn't want to pay to deal with it.

The food was wholly mediocre compared with the SkyClub, not that it is new. The grilled chicken strips in a "fire" sauce were definitely not lit and the cheese tortellini tasted like anything generic from Costco. The chocolate coconut cookies on the other hand were delicious! So good I took a couple for my flight. The manhattan-esque drink was also fantastic - the cocktails are the only thing this lounge excels at over the SC.

This morning the egg dish, looked like a frittata of some type was pretty good. Bartender made a very mean spicy bloody mary as well.
EqualOpp likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2021, 6:46 pm

Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors
Originally Posted by mkorpal3333
Georgetown Brewing's Bodhizafa is always on tap here Georgetown Brewing Company | Darn Tasty Beer. (georgetownbeer.com)
It's a great beer!
The other tap tends to rotate
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2021, 7:38 pm

The two beers are Mac & Jack's American Amber and Georgetown Brewing Bodhizafa IPA
Thanks!
Old Sep 21, 2021, 1:36 am

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Just an FYI, the N AS lounge has the same beers on tap + 3 others/cider. Feel like it’s not worth the schlep to the CL unless flying DL or from the B gates until they open the new expanded lounge on the chance of having to waitlist.
Old Nov 1, 2021, 6:44 pm

Programs: whatever it takes
so...got an AM flight 9ish from SEA and looking to have breakfast at Delta SkyClub or the Centurion Lounge, which would you visit?

My last trip in evening I went to SkyClub and didn't even remember to go visit the Centurion Lounge.
Old Nov 1, 2021, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by EqualOpp
so...got an AM flight 9ish from SEA and looking to have breakfast at Delta SkyClub or the Centurion Lounge, which would you visit?.
SkyClub without a second thought for food, and basically everything. The Centurion makes a better bloody Mary though.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by EqualOpp
so...got an AM flight 9ish from SEA and looking to have breakfast at Delta SkyClub or the Centurion Lounge, which would you visit?

My last trip in evening I went to SkyClub and didn't even remember to go visit the Centurion Lounge.
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
SkyClub without a second thought for food, and basically everything. The Centurion makes a better bloody Mary though.
The food at the SEA SC is among the best in the Delta system.

The food at the SEA CL is the worst in the CL system.

If you're hungry, always choose DL.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 11:05 pm

Programs: whatever it takes
The food at the SEA SC is among the best in the Delta system.

The food at the SEA CL is the worst in the CL system.

If you're hungry, always choose DL.
I did go to Centurion Lounge a few months back...very limited selection, but what I got was alright. Just missed DEN CL, just closed, and MEX CL was closed due to C19 last year.

I've only been to TWO Skyclubs ever - Seattle and recently, San Diego. Yeah, Seattle SC was definitely bigger and had much more variety - of course, coming with size. But San Diego workers were friendlier.

Planning on arriving earlier, so I'll prob visit Centurion first to sample, then end at Delta SC. Though just looking at my flight plans next year, maybe I should just enjoy the Delta SC more, as based on next year's flying I won't be using Delta much, so I'll prob get cozy at the CL more.
eponymous_coward likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2021, 5:07 am

Are showers back open?
Old Nov 10, 2021, 6:51 am

Originally Posted by TheDrPhil
Are showers back open?
For those wondering, showers were open as of 11/9. Not much to offer other than that and premium booze. Stick to the SC next door.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 7:43 am

Stopped in Sunday 1/30 at 1:45 PM. There was no line out front. When checking in the agent saw my DL BP and said "just so you know the club is really crowded. There's a Skyclub around the corner" which was not exactly welcoming.

I was able to find a seat at one of the longer tables but I saw various groups of 2 and up trying to find places to sit

Food was actually above average for SEA. When I left at 2:15 PM there was a line of about a dozen to get in.
IndyHoosier likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.