Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge SEA (Opened 30 June 2015; Expanded 22 March 2017; Again in 2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2017, 11:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
New Seattle Centurion Lounge is scheduled to open by August 2022. [Employee response from late May 2022]
From SEA Volunteer Newsletter (Nov. 9 '22): estimated to open in 2023.

Denied Entry/waitlist Date/Day of week/Time:

WAITLIST: May 17, 2019 Friday, 9AM, 10-15 minutes waiting time.
WAITLIST: Oct 9, 2019 Wednesday, 230PM, 15 minutes waiting time.

Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge SEA (Opened 30 June 2015; Expanded 22 March 2017; Again in 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2019, 5:55 pm

When I did it, they told me I had 10 minutes to show or else I’d lose my spot. This is roughly the amount of time it takes to get there from The Lounge at SEA, because you might as well have a lounge while you wait for the lounge.
Old Dec 18, 2019, 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by HawaiiO
Very unimpressed with the Centurion lounge at SEA.
Delta Skyclub is way nicer.
Very bright, lots of room, dont feel closed in, plenty of seating, lots of windows with 2 storey ceiling to floor windows.
Food is decent and as good if not better than Centurion.

Definitely wont be going to Centurion lounge if flying on Delta.
Totally agree with you there. The Cent bar is better, but I prefer the Delta lounge for space and comfort.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 7:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Was there last Friday and there was a 10-15 minute waitlist.

Got myself added and then walked over to the DL SkyClub to pass the time. DL was transitioning to lunch so the better SEA SkyClub food wasn't out yet (this was around 11am ahead of the SEA - RDU flight). Got the waitlist notification a couple minutes after sitting down at the SkyClub and walked back to Centurion.

Once inside it was comfortably full instead of overcrowded thanks to the waitlist. Food was plentiful and had just enough time to enjoy a morning mimosa before heading down to A6 for the flight to RDU.

It's nice that the two are so close since it allows you to lounge hop easily if you've got the AMEX Plat and are flying DL that day.

I agree with others that as a whole the Centurion lounge isn't a great space compared to the SkyClub (which I think is the best DL has in the system) but it's perfectly fine (and free if traveling with my wife vs. DL where I have to pay for her access).
Old Jun 19, 2020, 1:48 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, UA, AA ExPlat, AS, HHonors Diamond, Avis Preferred, Marriott, Priority Pass
https://meetings.portseattle.org/por...RM_6i_supp.pdf
The Port of Seattle is reviewing the potential of increasing the size of the Centurion Lounge at SEA

Last edited by naswi; Jun 19, 2020 at 4:17 pm
Old Jun 20, 2020, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by naswi
The Port of Seattle is reviewing the potential of increasing the size of the Centurion Lounge at SEA
Way to bury the lede

As all of the bloggers have reported by now, Amex is looking to build a new CL that is 3x the size of the current one in a new location. Would be a fantastic enhancement as the current lounge lacks the space to live up to the potential of the staff and what Amex would presumably like to do with the Centurion brand.
Old Jul 11, 2020, 2:14 am

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
I'm glad to see from the link that the new location is still in the central terminal. Being near security and closer to C / D gates is nice for AS and AA pax too.
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2020, 2:17 pm

Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors
Originally Posted by naswi
https://meetings.portseattle.org/por...RM_6i_supp.pdf
Looks to me like this is an approved deal. Maybe it was the formal presentation to the Board to finalize approval. Of course we will need to have Covid under control before Amex will be reopening indoor lounges. Too bad it's not possible to have a terrace.

Originally Posted by Gig103
I'm glad to see from the link that the new location is still in the central terminal. Being near security and closer to C / D gates is nice for AS and AA pax too.
Looks to me like it really won't be any shorter to the C/D gates. Not like gate B-1 was all that far. This may be a few steps closer, but it will require an elevator ride which will take as long and perhaps add some unpredictability to the transit time. But at least it isn't out in the S-concourse like the Club.
Old Sep 16, 2020, 8:49 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
SEA reopening October 5, 2020

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...05-2020-a.html
Old Oct 6, 2020, 10:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Thumbs up

Was able to stop by after over 6 months of being closed. Was nice to be back.

Here is a quick lounge report for my visit tonight 10/6/20. The lounge reopened yesterday, and has more restricted hours 7 am to 8 PM. Landing at 7:30 PM on my QX hop from PDX, I went to the B gates. I don't have the amex app installed, this is recommended for "contactless" entry.

The lounge entryway is segregated by dividers to designate traffic entering and exiting the lounge.

Check-in was quick as usual, saw some new folks, but was welcomed back by some as well. Everyone was very friendly.

As expected, the bar was closed. It closes a half hour before the lounge does. Was able to get a diet coke from the bartender who said I was the "first regular" he's seen back.

Bar area with one way flow

Food was still out. It is no longer self-service; they now serve you portions. They were low on a few items, so they heated up some more for my friend and I. Everything we tried was very tasty.

I did not see any newspapers; didn't ask, but I always enjoyed this service.

​​​​​​

Nearly all the options. There was a mushroom bisque and mushroom risotto. Needless to say, I didnt sample them.

​​​​​​Here's the last photo, the uploader was fighting me, but got it to work.

Tasty salads, surprised by all the flavors. Very seasonal as well. From stuffed tomatoes with squash to the chicken, and even the potatoes were excellent. Just wish I had more time.

I did get an extra brownie too

Last edited by mia; Oct 7, 2020 at 9:29 am
Old Oct 7, 2020, 8:20 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
So great to see this report. Thanks, beckoa!
Old Oct 7, 2020, 5:50 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

I visited midday and my experience was mixed. As beckoa noted, the food was very good, but the brownie was too sweet for my taste. Service was bit awkward. I was given a tray even though I only wanted a plate of three hot items. With her mask and the plexiglass barrier, it was difficult to understand the server's directions. It also was unclear if the bagged cookies and brownies were self-serve or must be dispensed by a server.

Newspapers are gone, replaced by some form of digital access.

They are still trying to figure out the social distancing. There are blue mats spread around the Lounge indicating areas where not to sit. They are inconsistently placed on both tables and seats. It seems that they are supposed to be on the seats. When the Lounge got a bit busier, people seemed to ignore the signage. Most troubling was that people sat next to me, even though a sign indicated otherwise. At one point, I was asked to move to an adjacent table to accommodate a Centurion, even though I was not at a "Reserved" table.

There was an abundance of staff, to the point that I would say there were too many supervisors, some of whom I observed giving servers conflicting instructions.

There was no wait to enter and I did not see that there was one during my 90-minute visit. As mentioned above, it did get a bit busier for about 30 minutes, but there were always open tables (assuming one could navigate the shifting don't-sit-here blue mats).

With the reduced seating and the new navigation lanes, there is no way this lounge will be able to accommodate anywhere close to the pre-COVID traffic level. I foresee some unhappy entitled cardmembers being turned away.

The Lunch/Dinner menu is attached. I highly recommend the Lemon-Lime Detox Immune Boost Shot. Pro tip: Two of them mix very well with a vodka on the rocks from the bar, although that may negate the detox part.

And speaking of entitled cardmembers, don't get me started on the inconsistent mask wearing by people not consuming food.

KE81, evergrn, Brandinho1 and 1 others like this.
Old Oct 10, 2020, 9:25 pm

Thanks for the reports!
Looks like they’re putting out legitimate food, unlike DL Sky Club. I’m looking forward to visiting.
Old Nov 23, 2020, 2:51 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
As of Saturday Nov 21, now grab and go only. No drinks. But the brown bag lunch had a very tasty chicken salad wrap, a so-so salad, and a brownie that was too sweet.
Old Nov 28, 2020, 8:59 am

Programs: AA EXP, AA5MM
Exclamation SEA might as well be closed

Stopped by SEA lounge yesterday. No service of any kind available. No water, no soda, no coffee, no food. everything is grab and go. was a totally waste of time stopping by. The AS Lounges are still serving food and non-alcoholic drinks. WA state law prohibits alcohol at the moment. Should have stayed in the N-Satellite AS lounge. Was exceedingly disappointed by AMEX on this. To make matters worse, they had a customer service person give me a tour of the empty lounge and he didn't really keep 6 ft away. I walked straight out. Very disappointing amex.
Old Nov 29, 2020, 12:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by AA EXP DFW-LON
Stopped by SEA lounge yesterday. No service of any kind available. No water, no soda, no coffee, no food. everything is grab and go. was a totally waste of time stopping by.
This is very odd. I'm in the SEA SkyClub now and it's full (COVID) food and beverage service. Food and beverage also available in the terminal.

AMEX at LAX has similarly essentially shut down. I wonder if this just AMEX being extra-conservative, or if they are subject to different rules than the airline lounges and in-terminal dining outlets.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.