Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge SEA (Opened 30 June 2015; Expanded 22 March 2017; Again in 2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2017, 11:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
New Seattle Centurion Lounge is scheduled to open by August 2022. [Employee response from late May 2022]
From SEA Volunteer Newsletter (Nov. 9 '22): estimated to open in 2023.

Denied Entry/waitlist Date/Day of week/Time:

WAITLIST: May 17, 2019 Friday, 9AM, 10-15 minutes waiting time.
WAITLIST: Oct 9, 2019 Wednesday, 230PM, 15 minutes waiting time.

Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge SEA (Opened 30 June 2015; Expanded 22 March 2017; Again in 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2017, 2:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Rommie2k6
Still no hot food right? Why bother with the expansion, it's crap.
Wow. How constructive.

The best bar at the airport. The only shower at an independent lounge. Food improvements with hot food on the horizon. "Crap", yeah, that's a good word.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 4:59 pm

Programs: B6/Mosaic/AF/VX/AS Gold Hertz PC HH Dia. AMEX Plat SPG/Marr Gold Nat. EE FPC Plat
Originally Posted by Pat Plus
Wow. How constructive.

The best bar at the airport. The only shower at an independent lounge. Food improvements with hot food on the horizon. "Crap", yeah, that's a good word.
Yes, and a great staff as well. Very personalized and attentive. ^
Old Apr 21, 2017, 8:40 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Centurion Studio at SEA, expansion completed

I couldn't find a thread on the Centurion Studio at SeaTac, and wanted to let FTers know that their expansion is now done, and there is a full bar that makes the same range of drinks as at the Centurion Lounge. It is MUCH less crowded tonight than my experiences at SFO! The only thing missing is hot food, but the drinks and the snacks are first rate, and the ambiance is much more pleasant.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 4:55 pm
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
After several visits I've decided I don't really like this Centurion Club.

The cold food seems to have been distinctly downgraded since the change from Studio to Club and the entire bar area is awkward. I understand there are legal issues preventing them from having real bar seating, but it's just a poor experience especially as a solo traveler. The bartenders also seems surly and disinterested compared to my regular haunt of LAS. I asked one of them for something interesting with Don Julio and got a margarita

And it's still crowded, with lots of children. I can't quite believe I'm saying this, but unless I'm after a particular liquor, I like the flagship SEA Sky Club a lot more. It's more peaceful and has much better food.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Stopped by here over the weekend. Wasn't interested in food or drinks (was pretty content on both from the long RDU - SEA flight) and ended up leaving after about 5 minute because the internet was horrendously slow (contrasted with the AS C Boardroom we went to next which had blazing fast internet).

Didn't have enough time to fully review it but definitely felt like a step down from the other AMEX Centurions I've been in - food selection that I glanced at wasn't appealing at all. It also has a bit of an awkward, closed design, reminded me a bit of the tight, choppy spacing of the LGA lounge.

That being said that shower would make it attractive for anyone before/after a long flight TPAC (or TCON)
Old Apr 10, 2018, 11:21 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Stopped in last Sunday from 10:45 AM to 12:45 PM. The lounge was crowded the whole time but I managed to get a table to myself in the bar area. The bartender was very friendly and made me a delicious Kir Royale. Food choices were a little disappointing: chicken noodle and tomato bisque soup, eggplant and chicken salad sandwiches, pasta salad and the salad bar area. Less food than I usually find at a CL.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 11:24 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by CMK10
... Less food than I usually find at a CL.
When it originally opened Seattle was called a Centurion Studio, in part because it does not have a full kitchen. When expanded, American Express abandoned the Studio nomenclature, but (as I understand) it still does not have a kitchen comparable to the other locations.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 12:47 pm

Programs: Various
That's right mia, it doesn't have a full kitchen comparable to the other locations.

I tend to go through SEA at least once a month and I have noticed it is getting busier in the lounge, but the staff are always super friendly towards me and my fiancée; they make me feel like a valued customer as they remember us both and chat to us, and I appreciate having a Centurion lounge in my home airport. Neither of us drink but having somewhere to sit down and grab a coffee and a little snack before our flights is a good benefit. Compared to the vast majority of airport lounges I've been in the US, SEA is a great offering. At SEA, Plat/Cents can always go round the corner to the DL Sky Club if they want more choice, but then I know that rules out taking guests - so a little reality check is needed. Given the annual fee for Platinum that 99%+ of SEA CL visitors have, not sure I'd grumble about a lounge that I could visit along with two guests and get snacks and drinks.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by mia
When it originally opened Seattle was called a Centurion Studio, in part because it does not have a full kitchen. When expanded, American Express abandoned the Studio nomenclature, but (as I understand) it still does not have a kitchen comparable to the other locations.
I wonder why they didn't put a real kitchen in when they expanded to add the bar. I also wonder if they have any long-term plans to...
Old Apr 10, 2018, 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by jackal
I wonder why they didn't put a real kitchen in when they expanded to add the bar. I also wonder if they have any long-term plans to...
The expansion (and really the only place that it could have gone given the available space) is on the opposite side of where the kitchen is and is the only place in the lounge that really offers windows. I suppose they could have taken over the space where the TVs are to expand the kitchen to a full hot kitchen, but space is already a premium as is...especially since if they did expand I'm not sure where they would get the space especially after DL put in that massive A skyclub.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 12:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by jackal
I think when the lease is up, they are looking for a larger space.

Its interesting the expansion was basically built as an enclosed porch- there is no real foundation per se- its open below. Hence a lot of traffic drives under it.
Old May 7, 2018, 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by Pat Plus
Wow. How constructive.

Would you like to fix your statement? Horizon? Where is the hot food?

And when they did remove the Jones soda? Just some Coke now.
Old May 8, 2018, 8:33 am

Was in there yesterday around 4:30 - 6:30

Super crowded. Not enough seating, not enough bathrooms and not enough bartenders. Calmed down early evening but during a rush hour without a Centurion reserved seat it's a zoo. The SC on the other-hand was nowhere near as busy.
Old May 9, 2018, 10:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
I stopped in there on Saturday and very much enjoyed the Casa Dragones tequila they had at the bar.

Room was maybe 20% full at around 6pm.
Old May 28, 2018, 12:13 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Lounge is implementing a 2 hour prior to boarding policy currently at the lounge to limit crowds. But it seems currently the lounge is only 1/2 full. On a separate note, one of the staff was trying to get wheelchair service for an older woman and could not get through. He came back with a wheelchair himself and took the woman to her gate. Very good staffing and very commendable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.