Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge SEA (Opened 30 June 2015; Expanded 22 March 2017; Again in 2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2017, 11:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
New Seattle Centurion Lounge is scheduled to open by August 2022. [Employee response from late May 2022]
From SEA Volunteer Newsletter (Nov. 9 '22): estimated to open in 2023.

Denied Entry/waitlist Date/Day of week/Time:

WAITLIST: May 17, 2019 Friday, 9AM, 10-15 minutes waiting time.
WAITLIST: Oct 9, 2019 Wednesday, 230PM, 15 minutes waiting time.

Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge SEA (Opened 30 June 2015; Expanded 22 March 2017; Again in 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2015, 5:06 pm

Programs: Nada of note these days….
Originally Posted by missamo80
I stopped in today and can't see why I'd use it over the Alaska Boardroom access I get with my platinum card.

Neil
Whoa...a card-carrying Amex Platinum holder can get into the AS BR?
No other charges or requirements?
TGTBT?
Old Oct 1, 2015, 5:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by JPat
Whoa...a card-carrying Amex Platinum holder can get into the AS BR?
No other charges or requirements?
TGTBT?
You need the Priority Pass card (free with the Amex Platinum, but the charge card alone won't work.) No changes there.
Old Oct 3, 2015, 1:34 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Used it for my first time yesterday, great experience. Very friendly agents at the front desk (one of them even went into the back to get me some chocolates despite it being breakfast hours). The space is pleasant and the food spread was pretty decent. I was even offered beer at 8 AM! Much better than the United Club I started my day at. Some pictures:

Very Seattle-y
Old Oct 13, 2015, 11:24 am

Dropped by for breakfast. I don't known when they got ellenos yogurt and hard boiled eggs, but those changes are enough to get me to forgo the AS pancake printer.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by billatq
Dropped by for breakfast. I don't known when they got ellenos yogurt and hard boiled eggs, but those changes are enough to get me to forgo the AS pancake printer.
They have ELLENOS? That stuff is actually the best yogurt I've ever tasted.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 7:23 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
We were in a few days ago. The yogurt they had with lemon curd to pour over top was tasty. The scones were very dry though and the little muffins I had were very off as well, so sour. They don't have a microwave in the back either to at least heat the scones up. Sad

Neil
Old Oct 13, 2015, 10:21 pm

I was there a couple weeks ago and was surprised at how small it was. It seemed smaller than the pictures I'd seen. Still, not very crowded on a Sunday around noon, and it was nice to kill time watching NFL games while drinking free beer.

Problem is, I look to Centurion lounges as the main reason to keep the Platinum card, and this one isn't so much better than the Board Room that it's worth having the Plat vs a less expensive card w/Priority Pass (Citi Prestige, for example).
Old Oct 14, 2015, 6:17 am

Programs: UA Silver
Originally Posted by jordan_h
I was there a couple weeks ago and was surprised at how small it was. It seemed smaller than the pictures I'd seen. Still, not very crowded on a Sunday around noon, and it was nice to kill time watching NFL games while drinking free beer.

Problem is, I look to Centurion lounges as the main reason to keep the Platinum card, and this one isn't so much better than the Board Room that it's worth having the Plat vs a less expensive card w/Priority Pass (Citi Prestige, for example).
Isn't Citi Prestige the same annual fee of $450?
Old Oct 14, 2015, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by dble00dumb
It can be reduced to $350. Plus, Priority Pass lounge access on Citi's card is better if you aren't single/solo traveler.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 12:25 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Costco Executive Member, Safeway Club Card
I was expecting a bad experience with the toilet lid after reading this thread but didn't notice any problems with it. (I used the leftmost lav.)
Old Oct 14, 2015, 4:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by RogerMurdock
I was expecting a bad experience with the toilet lid after reading this thread but didn't notice any problems with it. (I used the leftmost lav.)
I wish they made one restroom a bit smaller and added a shower to the other.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by dble00dumb
Also, the Prestige's airline incidentals are $250/year, and easier to take advantage of.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
They have ELLENOS? That stuff is actually the best yogurt I've ever tasted.
Yup, and lemon curd!
Old Oct 14, 2015, 10:32 pm

Originally Posted by nall
Also, the Prestige's airline incidentals are $250/year, and easier to take advantage of.
yeah, i didn't want to get too long-winded or go too far off topic, but i consider the prestige to be cheaper, since the airline credit is $250, and there's no uncertainty over what things will be reimbursed. plus, better priority pass membership, fourth night free, etc. it's fairly easy to make back the fee in real money, not tpg-sytle valuations. given that, my issue with the plat is whether it justifies itself above and beyond what i'd already get w/the prestige, and the SEA studio doesn't, imo. i'm based out of SFO, usually on united, so the cent lounge there is a big draw.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 8:49 pm

I *finally* visited the lounge last Friday, around 9-10am, and there were just a few people there... so not sure what the crowding is referring to.. maybe at peak times in the afternoon? Or perhaps I was just lucky.

Overall impressions: awesome lounge, great snacks, comfortable seating areas, kind agents. Typical AMEX design and smell. I really like it and it will be my go-to lounge at SEA as of now since I mainly fly with UA.

Here is the full review and lots of pictures on my blog: http://travellingtheworld.boardingar...tudio-seattle/

It seems to be bigger in real life than from what I've seen from the pictures before visiting it. Overall, a great lounge with tarmac views. I love AMEX!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.