Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge SEA (Opened 30 June 2015; Expanded 22 March 2017; Again in 2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2017, 11:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
New Seattle Centurion Lounge is scheduled to open by August 2022. [Employee response from late May 2022]
From SEA Volunteer Newsletter (Nov. 9 '22): estimated to open in 2023.

Denied Entry/waitlist Date/Day of week/Time:

WAITLIST: May 17, 2019 Friday, 9AM, 10-15 minutes waiting time.
WAITLIST: Oct 9, 2019 Wednesday, 230PM, 15 minutes waiting time.

Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge SEA (Opened 30 June 2015; Expanded 22 March 2017; Again in 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2015, 7:18 am

Programs: AS MVPG, TK Elite, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold, AMEX Plat
On a clear day like today you have a lovely view of Mount Rainier (photo doesn't do it justice)

Last edited by D3XT3R; Jul 1, 2015 at 7:20 am Reason: changed photo
Old Jul 1, 2015, 12:33 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Thanks for all the great pics, D3XT3R!!!
Old Jul 1, 2015, 2:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Here is the first in person review, with plenty of pictures:
https://loungereview.com/the-america...t-impressions/

The verdict? A gorgeous lounge, but due to the limited amenities it doesn't truly stand out. American Express may have a bit of a challenge positioning the product. However, it appears that expansion plans are already being studied...
Old Jul 1, 2015, 8:46 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Plat, Hertz PC
Flying to GEG next week on DL, usually leaves out of gate B concourse so I will definitely check this place out! Very excited for a new lounge at SEA, especially since DL is expanding in A/B concourse and the SC is in the S satellite.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 3:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by Pat+
Here is the first in person review, with plenty of pictures:
https://loungereview.com/the-america...t-impressions/

The verdict? A gorgeous lounge, but due to the limited amenities it doesn't truly stand out. American Express may have a bit of a challenge positioning the product. However, it appears that expansion plans are already being studied...
Expansion plans?

Build up like DL did and AS is planning on doing?

That would be
Old Jul 9, 2015, 4:30 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Plat, Hertz PC
Had a nice quick visit before my flight this morning. Here's my impression of the lounge:
- Larger than I was expecting, plenty of open seating at 7am before all the early commuter flights
- Greeted very pleasantly upon entry
- Breakfast buffet was excellent. Greek yogurt with lots of fresh fruits as topping, scones and other baked good. Espresso machine was tasty and I liked the to-go containers.
- Only complaint I have is that there were a few construction workers in there finishing the floor, with their gear blocking some aisles / hard to get to the bathrooms, and talking noisily on a cellphone. I'm sure this is just temporary, but a bit disappointing they are doing it during the club open hours.
- Also noticed that they let a mother in with her 3 daughters. The children were very well behaved so I have no complaint there, but it does appear the 1 guest limit is not that strict (or perhaps there is an exception for that?).

Being SEA based, this club definitely adds a lot of value for me when flying out of the main terminal. I will be sure to visit again soon.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 4:33 pm

The access rules allow for one guest or a spouse/partner and kids under 18
Old Jul 9, 2015, 4:46 pm

I visited this afternoon. There were limited amenities, but the hummus, breadsticks, coconut macaroons and pilsner were great. I like that they have sparkling water on tap. It's a little weird getting to N from B if you are flying alaska, but it was definitely pleasant and more private than the board room.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 9:39 pm

I would love to check it out when I'm at SeaTac in December
Old Jul 11, 2015, 2:34 pm

Programs: AA
I checked it out for a few minutes after landing in SEA last week. It's definitely nice.

For me it's tough to imagine spending a lot of time in it though, because I always fly AS in/out of SEA, and since the SEA Centurion Studio just has snacks and drinks as opposed to full food like Centurion Lounges, it's not really a big step up from the AS Board Room, which is also significantly larger.

But nice to have the option! And unlike the Board Room, it wasn't crowded at all when I stopped in. And the snack bar options are still a cut above other domestic lounges.
Old Jul 11, 2015, 4:32 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold; LEGO VIP, Amex Platinum, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by chrisremo
I checked it out for a few minutes after landing in SEA last week. It's definitely nice.

For me it's tough to imagine spending a lot of time in it though, because I always fly AS in/out of SEA, and since the SEA Centurion Studio just has snacks and drinks as opposed to full food like Centurion Lounges, it's not really a big step up from the AS Board Room, which is also significantly larger.

But nice to have the option! And unlike the Board Room, it wasn't crowded at all when I stopped in. And the snack bar options are still a cut above other domestic lounges.
The best part of this is the additional options. With Amex and Priority Pass we now have access to lounges in:

A - The Club
B - Centurion Studio
C/D - Alaska Board Room
S - The Club or Delta Sky Club

And, when Alaska adds the temporary Board Room in N, we'll have a lounge there too. (Presumably we'll get access to this?)

That's really good coverage for this airport - you'll never be more than a 10 minute walk from lounge to gate once the N Board Room is done.
Old Jul 12, 2015, 5:27 pm
`X'

Programs: QFF NB, DJ Gold, A3 Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriott Silver, Carlson Silver, A|Club Gold
Originally Posted by CRAZ8
The best part of this is the additional options. With Amex and Priority Pass we now have access to lounges in:

A - The Club
B - Centurion Studio
C/D - Alaska Board Room
S - The Club or Delta Sky Club

And, when Alaska adds the temporary Board Room in N, we'll have a lounge there too. (Presumably we'll get access to this?)

That's really good coverage for this airport - you'll never be more than a 10 minute walk from lounge to gate once the N Board Room is done.
Alaska's boardroom in the N Gates will have same access policy according to them, so that should include Priority Pass.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 5:28 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Ugh - how did I miss this thread?!?! Was just in Seattle recently and went to the Board Room at C/D even though my flights were out of A. (Then again, the Board Room was perfectly fine - had some soup, salad, and the Curve Ball from Pyramid Breweries. Upstairs was a bit crowded, but downstairs was okay both days.)

Oh well, will have to wait until next time to see the new Studio.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 7:45 pm

Programs: AA
For my early morning flight yesterday, I went to both the Centurion Studio and the Board Room. (It's not worth explaining why; I wasn't originally setting out to compare like this.)

In contrast to my earlier ambivalent opinion about the Studio based on an evening visit, I have to say it really shines in the morning.

The Board Room is always really busy in the morning due to AS elite commuters, and especially when you're tired, the lower attendance at the Centurion Studio is a real advantage.

Plus, the Centurion Studio's less-ambitious-than-Centurion-Lounge food is a lot more impressive when it comes to breakfast, since breakfast is usually a bit more of a piecemeal affair than lunch/dinner anyway. It was a great spread, with Greek yogurt, muffins, bagels, scones, granola, fresh fruit, multiple kinds of cream cheeses and jams (not served in prepackaged plastic containers), and then all the drink options they usually have.

So yeah, I'm definitely sold. I slightly prefer the Board Room's afternoon/evening food offerings (good salad and soup options), but there's no contest in the morning.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 7:52 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by chrisremo
For my early morning flight yesterday, I went to both the Centurion Studio and the Board Room. (It's not worth explaining why; I wasn't originally setting out to compare like this.)

In contrast to my earlier ambivalent opinion about the Studio based on an evening visit, I have to say it really shines in the morning.

The Board Room is always really busy in the morning due to AS elite commuters, and especially when you're tired, the lower attendance at the Centurion Studio is a real advantage.

Plus, the Centurion Studio's less-ambitious-than-Centurion-Lounge food is a lot more impressive when it comes to breakfast, since breakfast is usually a bit more of a piecemeal affair than lunch/dinner anyway. It was a great spread, with Greek yogurt, muffins, bagels, scones, granola, fresh fruit, multiple kinds of cream cheeses and jams (not served in prepackaged plastic containers), and then all the drink options they usually have.

So yeah, I'm definitely sold. I slightly prefer the Board Room's afternoon/evening food offerings (good salad and soup options), but there's no contest in the morning.
Nice report! Is there a toaster?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.