Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge SEA (Opened 30 June 2015; Expanded 22 March 2017; Again in 2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2017, 11:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
New Seattle Centurion Lounge is scheduled to open by August 2022. [Employee response from late May 2022]
From SEA Volunteer Newsletter (Nov. 9 '22): estimated to open in 2023.

Denied Entry/waitlist Date/Day of week/Time:

WAITLIST: May 17, 2019 Friday, 9AM, 10-15 minutes waiting time.
WAITLIST: Oct 9, 2019 Wednesday, 230PM, 15 minutes waiting time.

Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge SEA (Opened 30 June 2015; Expanded 22 March 2017; Again in 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2015, 12:36 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by steveman518
I noticed there was soup there for the first time this past friday in the evening-some bean and veggie soup. Is it me or has that not always been there before?
Had the Morrocan lentil/bean soup recently - nicely flavored and a welcome addition! ^ (The soups in the AS lounge always taste like they came out of a Sysco bag/can.)

They also had some finger sandwiches plated - one "turkey" sandwich (small slice of turkey + small slice of brie) and one "vegetarian" sandwich. Both looked to be 85% bread with the smallest slivers of actual filling inside.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 9:28 am

MIA/DFW/LAS are going to be the iconic lounges we want every other lounge to be.

If I don't have the almond pastry with berry compote, or the truffled chocolate mousse thing to eat - it is a let down.

With that said, I will be at the SEA Amex Centurion Studio in about 4-5 hours. Looking forward to checking it out.

Originally Posted by beckoa
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

After visiting the MIA Lounge, I find the SEA quite a letdown. Yes I know its a studio...but not even a bar.

And the lack of a shower still... Hope there are plans for an upgrade in the future.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 11:18 pm

for those of you going on about the paper biodegradable plates, they now seem to have ceramic plates now
Old Dec 22, 2015, 6:21 am

This is the first Centurion lounge that makes me have no rush or desire to really visit it. I visited once, and can say it is definitely not worth the extra pitstop. No food and no open bar. Very small too.

I would only use it if you have to. This is still better than the airline domestic lounges, but I just don't think it is worth it. Especially when we know the amex lounge will be busier. I hope it makes the other lounges less busy so it is quiet.
Old Dec 25, 2015, 5:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by steveman518
for those of you going on about the paper biodegradable plates, they now seem to have ceramic plates now
Do they have flatware?

The plastiqueware they had before was annoying as well...@:-)
Old Jan 2, 2016, 8:39 am

Originally Posted by beckoa
Do they have flatware?

The plastiqueware they had before was annoying as well...@:-)
I'll have to check when I stop by again in a couple of weeks
Old Jan 4, 2016, 2:05 am

and to answer beckoa's question, the silverware is now metal-only took a quick peek, but I don't think it's the same as those in the Centurion lounges.

Also, anyone notice more incremental improvements in catering? This time around there was a soup, sandwich, and a wrap in addition to the usual fixings (and hummus too!)
Old Jan 5, 2016, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
First visit, please excuse the typing, I'm doing so between bites of German chocolate cake. There is vegetable beef barley soup, although it was a bit startled to see that in addition to crackers there's also French fried onion pieces. I'm liking my Evo IPA beer choice.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 12:38 pm

Visited today. Seems like the folks at the front desk are a little less friendly than I remember, but perhaps they're having a bad day.

I was happy to see that they fixed up the toilet seats to actually be able to stay up. Life's little joys
Old Jan 29, 2016, 3:54 pm

I'm in the lounge now (2:51pm) and have been for about 2 hours. The crowd certainly seems to ebb and flow. It was packed about 30 minutes ago but now perhaps 80% full. Quite a few kids (some screaming)

Very nice staff but it's annoying to show card, ID and BP. Delta lounge they simply scan your BP.

Ok food selection (better than DL lounge in S) but they do only have beer and wine. Decent beer selection.

Since i'm flying out of B9 the lounge is convenient. Not sure I'd go out of my way but it is better than the Club in A.
Old Jan 29, 2016, 9:02 pm

I left the lounge about 2:30 and noticed the staff was a little hard to find at times today. Especially around 1:45

Originally Posted by sdix
I'm in the lounge now (2:51pm) and have been for about 2 hours. The crowd certainly seems to ebb and flow. It was packed about 30 minutes ago but now perhaps 80% full. Quite a few kids (some screaming)

Very nice staff but it's annoying to show card, ID and BP. Delta lounge they simply scan your BP.

Ok food selection (better than DL lounge in S) but they do only have beer and wine. Decent beer selection.

Since i'm flying out of B9 the lounge is convenient. Not sure I'd go out of my way but it is better than the Club in A.
Old Jan 30, 2016, 2:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
I do like the beer glasses.

I tend to eat too many of the mini quiches
Old Jan 30, 2016, 1:36 pm

Programs: UA Platinum
Originally Posted by factory81
No food and no open bar.
Not sure when you visited, but there was and has been petit offerings on hand (sammies, soups, snacks and nibblets), and alcohol was free, you had to ask a server walking by though...

The description you give is like it is a barren wasteland and it is better than sitting in the terminal or a UC!
Old Jan 30, 2016, 2:23 pm

Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Kbd) AppleWebKit/537.35+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.3.2.858 Mobile Safari/537.35+)

Originally Posted by popoemt
Originally Posted by factory81
No food and no open bar.
Not sure when you visited, but there was and has been petit offerings on hand (sammies, soups, snacks and nibblets), and alcohol was free, you had to ask a server walking by though...

The description you give is like it is a barren wasteland and it is better than sitting in the terminal or a UC!
Well it's beer n wine...not a bar with hard liquor. With AMEX's offerings at other locations, it leaves something to be desired. And I don't think it's a WA liquor law issue either (but could be wrong).
Old Feb 5, 2016, 10:32 am

Visited today. Ellenos is replaced with generic greek yogurt. The espresso machine was out of order. The limes looked like they had seen better days.

On the plus side, the breads were fresh and tasty and the orange cinnamon buns were excellent.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.