Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge SEA (Opened 30 June 2015; Expanded 22 March 2017; Again in 2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2017, 11:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
New Seattle Centurion Lounge is scheduled to open by August 2022. [Employee response from late May 2022]
From SEA Volunteer Newsletter (Nov. 9 '22): estimated to open in 2023.

Denied Entry/waitlist Date/Day of week/Time:

WAITLIST: May 17, 2019 Friday, 9AM, 10-15 minutes waiting time.
WAITLIST: Oct 9, 2019 Wednesday, 230PM, 15 minutes waiting time.

Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge SEA (Opened 30 June 2015; Expanded 22 March 2017; Again in 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2015, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by Buster CT1K
Do you mean AM or PM?
I was there in the p.m.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 1:23 pm

Programs: DL silver,Hilton Gold,Marriott,VA,Amex Plat,Hertz Gold
Denied Entry

Was denied entry into Centurion club. Was told since I was standing by for an earlier flight I could not enter with my Amex Platinium. The lounge agent said I needed to have a seat assignment and that I could not enter. She also said that if I went to the gate & got a seat assignment then I could enter. I had been in same club numerous times before. Is this a new rule ?
Old Jul 24, 2015, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by Boat Drinks
Was denied entry into Centurion club. Was told since I was standing by for an earlier flight I could not enter with my Amex Platinium. The lounge agent said I needed to have a seat assignment and that I could not enter. She also said that if I went to the gate & got a seat assignment then I could enter. I had been in same club numerous times before. Is this a new rule ?
That's bizarre. Did you have a confirmed seat for the later flight and a boarding pass? That seems like a made up rule and maybe a crowd control measure. The T&C refer to a "confirmed" reservation, so maybe it's technically within the rules, but standby implies you have a reservation for later in the day. I guess if it were for the next day or after midnight or something, maybe it's legit.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 2:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
It's not a new rule, and it's not specific to the Seattle location. You do need a confirmed seat assignment. This also prevents most non-revs from using the Centurion lounges.

While it's completely up to Amex to setup their own rules, what bothers me is that this rule isn't spelled out anywhere in clear terms. It's obviously in the staff's manual, because it's consistently enforced, but it doesn't appear on any of the marketing materials or on the web site. It isn't acceptable to reject folks based on undisclosed criteria, imo.

That being said, if you were standing by, didn't you have a confirmed seat on a later flight?
Old Jul 24, 2015, 2:44 pm

Programs: AA
I have no idea if it's a new rule or not but that seems absurd. I stop into the Lounges and Studio often after landing, at which point I have NO upcoming flight, and it's never been a problem. Seems like someone with an upcoming flight and no seat assignment should have more lounge privileges than someone with no upcoming flight at all.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by lkar
That's bizarre. Did you have a confirmed seat for the later flight and a boarding pass? That seems like a made up rule and maybe a crowd control measure. The T&C refer to a "confirmed" reservation, so maybe it's technically within the rules, but standby implies you have a reservation for later in the day. I guess if it were for the next day or after midnight or something, maybe it's legit.
Very bizzare and I never knew this. I could have sworn I entered on a Priority Verification seat request card at DFW one time when standing by for an earlier flight but perhaps it was just the Admirals Club.

Surely they should be able to accept a ticket confirmation showing the price paid or something to prove you aren't a non-rev and that you're just a paying customer standing by for an earlier flight.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 4:37 pm

I was there this week on Wed morning around 9:30am. It was about half full I'd say. I was impressed with the space, the food offerings and the amazingly friendly and helpful staff. I actually prefer the bagel / scone type breakfast spread. Also I'm a huge fan of the disposable cups / plates. My big gripe with the regular lounges is that I can't get a cup of coffee to go.

As a data point I got in with my spouse and two tween kids on one card. I was expecting to have to use the supp card as well. I did watch a guy get denied trying to bring in 2 guests. He begged and pleaded to no avail.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by UKOK
As a data point I got in with my spouse and two tween kids on one card. I was expecting to have to use the supp card as well. I did watch a guy get denied trying to bring in 2 guests. He begged and pleaded to no avail.
That's the standard guest rule for the studio: 1 guest OR immediate family (a spouse AND children <18)

http://thecenturionlounge.com/info/access#right-tab
Old Jul 27, 2015, 2:12 pm

Programs: Various
I visited last Sunday, and it was about a quarter full by the time I left. Staff were friendly, and as a Centurion customer I was given a welcome gift of a branded USB charger which was a nice touch.

As SEA is my home airport, I can see me using it regularly when traveling over the other facilities.

Thanks,
Richard
Old Jul 27, 2015, 2:42 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
I stopped in today and can't see why I'd use it over the Alaska Boardroom access I get with my platinum card.

• Toilet wasn't flushed properly (despite labels on the wall explaining how to flush properly)
  • Toilet lid wouldn't stay up on its own
  • Food selection was just snacks, and it was lunch and I was hungry
  • It's way far away from every Alaska Airlines gate, especially the N gates

On the plus side, the brown butter shortbread cookies were delicious and the prints on the wall were cool.

Neil
Old Jul 27, 2015, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by missamo80
I stopped in today and can't see why I'd use it over the Alaska Boardroom access I get with my platinum card.

• Toilet wasn't flushed properly (despite labels on the wall explaining how to flush properly)
  • Toilet lid wouldn't stay up on its own
  • Food selection was just snacks, and it was lunch and I was hungry
  • It's way far away from every Alaska Airlines gate, especially the N gates

On the plus side, the brown butter shortbread cookies were delicious and the prints on the wall were cool.

Neil
This is a recurring problem at all the Centurion Lounges in my experience. It's because they put that stupid metal bar right where the lid lifts up to. I don't understand why they don't just put it two inches higher so the lid can rest against the wall instead of the bar.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 4:47 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
I popped in there at 6am this morning. There were only a couple of other people in there with me, but I heard quite a few people coming in to ask about the lounge, and a few got shown round. Breakfast options were some fruit, some small but very tasty muffins, and a scone thing I didn't try. Wifi worked well, toilet seat wouldn't stay up. Compared to the DFW one, which is the only other one I've used yet, it's smaller, quieter, but with a smaller range of food/drinks too. Walk from there to the AA gates in D wasn't too bad though
Old Jul 27, 2015, 5:13 pm

Programs: AS; Hyatt; Bonvoy
Originally Posted by missamo80
Toilet lid wouldn't stay up on its own
Originally Posted by cmd320
This is a recurring problem at all the Centurion Lounges in my experience. It's because they put that stupid metal bar right where the lid lifts up to. I don't understand why they don't just put it two inches higher so the lid can rest against the wall instead of the bar.
Originally Posted by Gagravarr
Wifi worked well, toilet seat wouldn't stay up.

Laughing. Three sequential posts about the toilet seat not staying in an upright position.

I've read that the bathrooms are unisex. My hunch is that someone, somewhere made a decision to tackle the "Put the Seat Down" issue - one that has plagued women since indoor plumbing came into fashion.

Old Jul 27, 2015, 5:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AKCuisine
Laughing. Three sequential posts about the toilet seat not staying in an upright position.

I've read that the bathrooms are unisex. My hunch is that someone, somewhere made a decision to tackle the "Put the Seat Down" issue - one that has plagued women since indoor plumbing came into fashion.

I cannot speak for the studio in SEA as I've not visited yet, however the restrooms in the other lounges are definitely not unisex and still suffer from this issue.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 5:34 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by AKCuisine

Originally Posted by cmd320
I cannot speak for the studio in SEA as I've not visited yet, however the restrooms in the other lounges are definitely not unisex and still suffer from this issue.
+1 to that. Sound reasoning though!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.