Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge SEA (Opened 30 June 2015; Expanded 22 March 2017; Again in 2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2017, 11:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
New Seattle Centurion Lounge is scheduled to open by August 2022. [Employee response from late May 2022]
From SEA Volunteer Newsletter (Nov. 9 '22): estimated to open in 2023.

Denied Entry/waitlist Date/Day of week/Time:

WAITLIST: May 17, 2019 Friday, 9AM, 10-15 minutes waiting time.
WAITLIST: Oct 9, 2019 Wednesday, 230PM, 15 minutes waiting time.

Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge SEA (Opened 30 June 2015; Expanded 22 March 2017; Again in 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2016, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by bostonbali
I get that Centurion cardholders pay a bunch for their card, but at $450/year, I also pay a hefty amount for my Plat card! Instead of having people wait by the entrance, why not let them sit in the 'reserved' seats, with the understanding that in the rare event a Centurion cardholder comes in, non-Centurion cardholders seated in those seats will be asked to move?
That sounds frustrating. I've never been turned away from the lounge, but I'd strongly consider canceling my Platinum card in favor of the Citi Prestige if I end up having to go to the Priority Pass lounges in Seattle instead.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 7:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
It was packed on Sunday...one agent was checking people in and the other was directing seating. Hindsight BR would have been a more pleasant experience, or even wandering over to the A club (PP).
Old Jun 13, 2016, 9:57 pm

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
Originally Posted by billatq
That sounds frustrating. I've never been turned away from the lounge, but I'd strongly consider canceling my Platinum card in favor of the Citi Prestige if I end up having to go to the Priority Pass lounges in Seattle instead.
It WAS frustrating - frustrating enough for me to call Cust. Serv. and get a $50 credit issued. 9 instances like this, and the card will pay for itself this year...
Old Jun 14, 2016, 4:04 pm

Programs: Various
Seems to be a lot of angst for just one of the benefits on a card that in reality is $250 after the $200 airline credit. I do think AmEx has been overly generous on the admission policy in regards to number of guest and the family definition. Opening it up to paid access seems odd, they should cancel that and also strictly limit it to one guest per eligible card (and remove this silly family rule). They could also enforce a req that guests are subject to capacity, which I've seen done before by other lounges and airline status.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 10:54 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, UA, AA ExPlat, AS, HHonors Diamond, Avis Preferred, Marriott, Priority Pass
Just left the AMEX Studio. The front desk confirmed the selling of day passes BUT only when under 50% capacity. This is somewhat good news for Plat/Centurion card members to know that we do have priority.
Old Jun 24, 2016, 6:53 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by naswi
Just left the AMEX Studio. The front desk confirmed the selling of day passes BUT only when under 50% capacity. This is somewhat good news for Plat/Centurion card members to know that we do have priority.
Good to hear! ^
Old Aug 25, 2016, 8:37 am

Programs: Former 1k, Lifetime UA Gold, Starwood Gold; Avis Preferred; Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by bostonbali
It WAS frustrating - frustrating enough for me to call Cust. Serv. and get a $50 credit issued. 9 instances like this, and the card will pay for itself this year...
Looks like they are expanding it! ^ May even build a 10,000 sq foot new club.

http://thepointsguy.com/2016/08/amex...turion-studio/
Old Aug 25, 2016, 8:57 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by DCEsquire
May even build a 10,000 sq foot new club.
There is nothing in the article to suggest that the space is available to do this, only that American Express would be interested if the port authority could "find" it.

Although this expansion opportunity gives them only a fraction of their desired expansion area, they are interested in the incremental buildout until the Port can find a long-term solution that meets their desired lounge requirement of 10,000 square feet
Old Sep 8, 2016, 3:26 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, AA, SW, Delta
I was wondering I plan to fly to Seattle this weekend can we hop on to this lounge once we land? I fly AA and not sure if it would be a far walk
Old Sep 8, 2016, 4:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by happyvoid
I was wondering I plan to fly to Seattle this weekend can we hop on to this lounge once we land? I fly AA and not sure if it would be a far walk
Yes. All terminals at SEA are connected airside, so you can access all parts of the airport without having to reclear security.

I've flown AA out of concourse D recently but I also think (and found some stuff online) saying they were using concourse A. Maybe they use both. The lounge would be a bit of a hike from D but not too much out of the way from A (it's in B). Maps of the airport are easily findable online.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 8:27 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Originally Posted by jackal
Yes. All terminals at SEA are connected airside, so you can access all parts of the airport without having to reclear security.

I've flown AA out of concourse D recently but I also think (and found some stuff online) saying they were using concourse A. Maybe they use both. The lounge would be a bit of a hike from D but not too much out of the way from A (it's in B). Maps of the airport are easily findable online.
Yes, and it's maybe 5 min from the AA gates. Not a bad walk.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 6:39 pm

Programs: Various
Just watch out if you are in the S gates though as it's a bit of a trek as they are the remote Satellite gates (all international flights use these gates). You'd need to go on the transit link between the other gates and S gates.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 10:59 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Buster CT1K
Yes, and it's maybe 5 min from the AA gates. Not a bad walk.
Wow - you're a fast walker! My flights always depart from the AA gates at the end of D. I normally recommend others allot 8-10 min to walk from the Centurion Studio.
Old Sep 11, 2016, 2:04 pm

I couldn't get in today (Sunday) a little after noon.

I wandered over to the Sky Club and realized that they had a lot better food. This doesn't look good for Amex in Seattle. (though admittedly, I did use my card to get in)

Last edited by billatq; Sep 11, 2016 at 2:27 pm
Old Sep 11, 2016, 2:42 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by billatq
This doesn't look good for Amex in Seattle.
What doesn't? The fact that demand for lounge entry sometimes exceeds space, or the food?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.