Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge SEA (Opened 30 June 2015; Expanded 22 March 2017; Again in 2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2017, 11:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
New Seattle Centurion Lounge is scheduled to open by August 2022. [Employee response from late May 2022]
From SEA Volunteer Newsletter (Nov. 9 '22): estimated to open in 2023.

Denied Entry/waitlist Date/Day of week/Time:

WAITLIST: May 17, 2019 Friday, 9AM, 10-15 minutes waiting time.
WAITLIST: Oct 9, 2019 Wednesday, 230PM, 15 minutes waiting time.

Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge SEA (Opened 30 June 2015; Expanded 22 March 2017; Again in 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2017, 1:23 pm

Hmm.... this might make me fly Delta. I got an Amex plat card and figured the studio would be my go to spot if the AS priority pass blockade was up (which seems to be very very often now...) but from my home airport (PSC) Delta and AS are almost exactly the same dollar for dollar on flight cost to SEA. Alaska offers a bit wider schedules and a later return which makes a same day Seattle visit easier, but maybe I'll just start staying overnight downtown and not have to catch an 11pm flight home after getting into Seattle at 8am that same day...

I hope Amex can do something with this studio or the hours extend out a little or something...
Old Feb 27, 2017, 8:45 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat, Alaska 75k, IHG Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by pc95
She came over and I expected her to say "sorry, I didn't realize you hadn't left" but instead said, "sir sorry, I have a family of 4 coming and so if you would please move".
That is very odd. I wonder how that reservation that happened...whether someone called Amex (or the Centurion Studio) in advance, or just asked at the Studio front desk...?
Old Feb 28, 2017, 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by DaveH
That is very odd. I wonder how that reservation that happened...whether someone called Amex (or the Centurion Studio) in advance, or just asked at the Studio front desk...?
The only reservation in the lounge is for Centurion card holders only, and usually those booths.
It's possible someone called the concierge to make sure they have a space?
It's also possible one of the staff realised there was no reserved sign there and tried to bring it back to "normal" Centurion-only availability?
Old Mar 12, 2017, 8:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
As I posted in the AS forum, the Alaska Lounges weren't letting PP card holders in at around 6 tonight so I went to the Amex Studio. Decently busy around 6 but it's almost completely emptied out ~90 mins later. I spoke to the guy at the front desk who said the expansion should be complete and open in 2 weeks.

Decent food and really good beer today, with 3 different brews from the local Georgetown Brewery.

Edit: Porter > IPA > ... > Pilsner is my beer ranking. Also I like the faint-ish music they play in the background in the lounge. It definitely feels less chaotic than the larger lounges. Ugh. I have to go hike out to the N gates now since that's where my flights is going out of. Guess I'll try again to get into the AS lounge when I get there.

Last edited by krazykanuck; Mar 12, 2017 at 9:38 pm
Old Mar 13, 2017, 1:52 pm

There is a also an Alaska Lounge at N gates. Though if that's one is busy, and the only other PP option is also full (which isn't bad; just small), then you're trekking back to the main terminal for a lounge, of course. It's a gamble.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 7:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Spoddy
There is a also an Alaska Lounge at N gates.
Both (A and N) Alaska lounges were denying PP holders around 6 pm. I would know, as I checked both of them

Around 9 pm, both lounges had taken down their "no PP" signs and I was able to get into the N lounge, which was convenient as my flight was out of N2.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 3:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
The Centurion Lounge expansion is scheduled to open tomorrow. The construction team went through a successful inspection today.

American Express kindly invited me to be the first non-employee to visit the new space, ahead of the opening. I'll post a link to a review with pictures tomorrow at 8am eastern
Old Mar 22, 2017, 6:04 am

Please welcome The Centurion Lounge! The Centurion Studio is officially no more -- although it will take a while for the branding to be completely updated.

The long awaited expansion opens today. It's "only" 1,400 sq. f. (meaning that the lounge remains tiny compared to the adjacent mammoth Delta Sky Club) but it's very impressive. The reason lies in the physical space -- a prime location overlooking the tarmac and Mt. Rainer, with floor to ceiling windows on two walls. (Think of it as a mini- SkyClub!)

The expansion brings an additional bathroom, a beautiful shower suite, a spacious dining room with 40 seats, and a full bar. The cocktail list has been custom designed for Seattle with references to the local culture.

The guest policy also changes as of today, and members are now allowed to bring in two guests. That's of course outstanding, but it begs the question of continued crowding.

Here's a link to my article for LoungeReview, with pictures: https://loungereview.com/first-look-...ansion-seattle
Old Mar 22, 2017, 6:54 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by Pat Plus
Please welcome The Centurion Lounge! The Centurion Studio is officially no more -- although it will take a while for the branding to be completely updated.

The long awaited expansion opens today. It's "only" 1,400 sq. f. (meaning that the lounge remains tiny compared to the adjacent mammoth Delta Sky Club) but it's very impressive. The reason lies in the physical space -- a prime location overlooking the tarmac and Mt. Rainer, with floor to ceiling windows on two walls. (Think of it as a mini- SkyClub!)

The expansion brings an additional bathroom, a beautiful shower suite, a spacious dining room with 40 seats, and a full bar. The cocktail list has been custom designed for Seattle with references to the local culture.

The guest policy also changes as of today, and members are now allowed to bring in two guests. That's of course outstanding, but it begs the question of continued crowding.

Here's a link to my article for LoungeReview, with pictures: https://loungereview.com/first-look-...ansion-seattle
Thanks for the article!
Old Mar 22, 2017, 10:10 am

Programs: AS; Hyatt; Bonvoy

Your review link provided a lot of detail about the space, cocktails, and wine, but your comments about food were limited to informing us that they don't have hot meals.

Would you please describe and/or post photos of what the food offerings are in the lounge?
Old Mar 22, 2017, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by AKCuisine
Your review link provided a lot of detail about the space, cocktails, and wine, but your comments about food were limited to informing us that they don't have hot meals.

Would you please describe and/or post photos of what the food offerings are in the lounge?
Indeed, I didn't call them out because there are no substantial changes at this time. You can find the menu and pics at https://loungereview.com/lounges/ame...on-studio-sea/.

Here's the 10,000 ft overview: fresh salad bar, high quality mini-sandwiches, soups; snacks such as olives, chips, etc; desserts from local pastry shops.

It looks better than it sounds. I'd venture to say that Amex has the best food in SEA. Others like DL have 'hot food' but it's mac and cheese, everyday. I'm a healthy eater
Old Mar 22, 2017, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Nice review and photos. I am looking forward to checking it out on Friday.

Re: food - does "no changes at this time" mean there are plans to change the selection? Do they even have the space for a proper kitchen?

Personally, I like the quality of the offering the have today. And I don't necessarily judge food purely based on temperature (hot food >> cold food).
Old Mar 22, 2017, 6:22 pm
Suspended

Thanks for the fantastic review. I've been to the Studio but I was very curious about the expansion as I'll be flying through seattle a few times this year. I'll have to compare this Centurion Lounge to the Delta lounge which I have never been to.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by BenSenise
Thanks for the fantastic review. I've been to the Studio but I was very curious about the expansion as I'll be flying through seattle a few times this year. I'll have to compare this Centurion Lounge to the Delta lounge which I have never been to.
You're welcome, and thank you for reading!

From an architectural standpoint, the DL lounge is stunning. There's art everywhere, and details such as tinting windows so that you never need blinds. Seating wise, it's enormously spacious with many different options.

The food and drinks disappoint, though, and that's where Amex has the edge. Delta charges (except for well drinks) and the food is pretty much the same mac and cheese everyday.

If you mostly want to sit, work, and bask in the scenery, the SkyClub is an excellent choice.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 1:41 pm

Still no hot food right? Why bother with the expansion, it's crap.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.