Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lunch at SEA Skyclub

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2019, 12:31 pm
Original Poster

Lunch at SEA Skyclub

I have not been through SEA in quite awhile but will be there this weekend traveling on DL. Are there enough food options to make a lunch/meal at the SkyClub or should I consider one of the other lounges (Centurion, etc)? If they are both basically snack foods I'll prob just sit down and order at a restaurant instead. Thanks.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 12:39 pm

Programs: Delta DM, MM
Seattle generally has sandwiches, soups, salad, breads, vegies,etc. More than enough for a lunch.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 12:44 pm

And good amount of protein (white meat chicken) in salads... keep in mind this is about skyclub in A terminal.
In my opinion lunch options are not as good in S terminal.
If you are comparing A SC against all other lounges at SEATAC then hands-down its the best in both food and drink options.
SJC ORD LDR likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by jeet
And good amount of protein (white meat chicken) in salads... keep in mind this is about skyclub in A terminal.
If you are comparing A SC against all other lounges at SEATAC then hands-down its the best in both food and drink options.
exactly ... on all three points
Old Aug 14, 2019, 1:26 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Originally Posted by jrl767
exactly ... on all three points
And to emphasize this I'd include the Centurion Lounge as being not as nice as the SEA DL Club.
jdrtravel and MEABFlyer like this.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 1:29 pm

Just don't go to that DL club for dessert; was there on SAT and all they had was a chocolate chip cookie jar

Food consisted of (from right to left):
Ivars Clam Chowder
Rice & Chicken soup
a mix of 2-3 meat sandwiches
a toppings bar for the soups
Charcuterie Selection of meats/cheese
Salad bar
2-3 vegetarian selections

Last edited by dmbolp; Aug 14, 2019 at 1:38 pm
Old Aug 14, 2019, 1:33 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Yeah, it's a good Skyclub for food. I was there last month and in addition to various cold salads, they had wraps, mini pizzas, and even have Ivar's (a local and excellent seafood place) Clam Chowder.

Amex food might be better (depends on your tastes), and has the far superior alcohol selection. But at the Skyclub you'll find a good seat, and one with a view and not breathing down the neck of someone else.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 1:47 pm

Programs: DL Plat
As of last week (A concourse), there were 2 kinds of soup (Ivar's clam chowder and a vegetarian option), locally made potato chips, mini-naan, mushroom ravioli in marinara, cheese/salami platter, and 4 cold salads (including a chicken salad made with real chicken, a roasted carrot salad, some sort of cauliflower/tahini salad, and a composed green salad). And the usual chocolate chip cookies. I've seen a cart rolling around with actual desserts (chocolate mousse cake, lemon bars, etc.) but it wasn't there last week. There was more stuff, but I can't remember what.

The food is partially managed by Ethan Stowell, a local chef who has several well respected restaurants. If you don't like the options, Floret Restaurant is next door to the A SkyClub. They have a surprisingly good vegetarian menu.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 2:00 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
This is the best Sky Club that I've been to if you want to find something to eat. Plus, not everything is unhealthy. Usually, the salads are really good and not fattening.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 2:02 pm
Original Poster

I appreciate all the feedback. For $29 my guest can decide if he wants to do this or Chick Fil A...
Old Aug 14, 2019, 2:16 pm

Anything can be "lunch" if you eat enough of it.
wlau, TetonSig, MEABFlyer and 2 others like this.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 2:20 pm

Programs: Delta TDK(or care)WIA, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jeet
SEA is quite easy to move through if OP is flying out of S but wants to use Skyclub in A.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 3:49 pm

One thing I appreciate about the A club is real plates and flatware instead of the disposable stuff seen in most other clubs.
SJC ORD LDR likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 4:30 pm

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
I recommend against the Centurion club at SEA, it gets pretty crowded and the food has been pretty meh.
BenA, jdrtravel and tearex like this.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 4:40 pm

Programs: DL DM; Hyatt Globalist; etc
The SEA SkyClub is great - there's usually a pasta dish, a soup, some salad fixings (better than the SkyBowl stuff or whatever they have elsewhere), and a host of other accoutrements.

Recently, they've had mediocre charcuterie along with the above - it's easily something you can turn into lunch if you try hard enough, but it's definitely not "lunch" if you get what I mean.

Still better than anything else in SEA - the Centurion Club is mostly snacks as well, and has had a posted wait of over an hour at times when I've tried to swing in when it's near my boarding gate.

If I was paying to go in, I'd probably rather spend my $29 elsewhere, but that's your choice I suppose.

Last edited by manacit; Aug 14, 2019 at 4:48 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.