Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge SEA (Opened 30 June 2015; Expanded 22 March 2017; Again in 2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2017, 11:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
New Seattle Centurion Lounge is scheduled to open by August 2022. [Employee response from late May 2022]
From SEA Volunteer Newsletter (Nov. 9 '22): estimated to open in 2023.

Denied Entry/waitlist Date/Day of week/Time:

WAITLIST: May 17, 2019 Friday, 9AM, 10-15 minutes waiting time.
WAITLIST: Oct 9, 2019 Wednesday, 230PM, 15 minutes waiting time.

Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge SEA (Opened 30 June 2015; Expanded 22 March 2017; Again in 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2018, 6:09 pm

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
Friday- 24 Aug- over flowed. Waiting list of people (standing outside). 3 hour max prior to departure. Stayed at DL lounge and clam chowder and vegetarian ravioli was acceptable.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 10:05 pm

Location: SEA, or BOS, or MUC, or other places (probably connecting). "Detroit, Michigan is in the Eastern time zone."
Programs: DL PM/1MM, AS 100K, NEXUS/GE, CLEAR, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
I don't know why a Plat/Cent would pick the the Centurion over the Skyclub when flying Delta. I know I don't.
The one reason I use the Centurion Lounge instead of the Sky Club when I'm leaving SEA on DL (as I usually am): I'm with one or two guests who don't have their own Sky Club access. The SC is nice, but not $29 nicer than the CL.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Yep. Especially since the last time I was through the "sandwiches" were thimble sized and you'd need a half dozen to make a snack. I'm sorry but the SEA lounge is just lacking. It's better than the AS and other Priority Pass "The Club" lounges, admittedly neither of which is a particularly high bar, but the Skyclub is miles better in pretty much every way. Unfortunately last time I passed through SEA DL was twice the cost of AS.... I might like a better lounge but half price is half price @:-)

That being said I don't know why a Plat/Cent would pick the the Centurion over the Skyclub when flying Delta. I know I don't.
All drinks are free, not just "well" offerings.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 6:02 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Stopped by around 4:20PM and was told there was a waitlist of around 15-20 mins. Decided to just go to The Club in A as that's where my flight is departing from anyways. Was hoping for some decent cocktails while waiting for my flight but prefer not waiting.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 9:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
All drinks are free, not just "well" offerings.
DL's well liquor selection includes Jack Daniels and Smirnoff, hardly frat party booze, which is more than United or AA can say about their free booze. I'd rather drink Jack D in a large, airy, not crowded lounge than drink Bulleit where I have to share a table because there's nowhere else to sit (as what happened on my last trip to SEA last month).
Old Aug 26, 2018, 11:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
DL's well liquor selection includes Jack Daniels and Smirnoff, hardly frat party booze, which is more than United or AA can say about their free booze. I'd rather drink Jack D in a large, airy, not crowded lounge than drink Bulleit where I have to share a table because there's nowhere else to sit (as what happened on my last trip to SEA last month).
Well, AMEX does have the Woodinville Bourbon
Old Aug 26, 2018, 11:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by beckoa
Well, AMEX does have the Woodinville Bourbon
That they do. I had a couple of them on my last time though. I actually have a bottle in my home liquor cabinet.... I'll acknowledge that the Amex lounge has a better free booze selection than the SkyClub, but that doesn't change my opinion. SC > Centurion if you have access to both and are flying DL. Last time I was in SEA I was flying AS to visit some flyertalkers that will not be named
Old Aug 28, 2018, 3:58 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Arrived at around 3:30 PM on August 24. The lounge was crowded but no wait to enter. Could not find 2 seats together until some people left 15 mins later. Chicken sandwich was very spicy with jalapeno peppers. Friendly and quick bar service.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 11:34 pm

I was just here today since I arrived st SEA 7am. Very disappointed at the food offering. Sure some great pastries and stuff that would be described as continental breakfast but very much lacking in hot food items with the exception of oatmeal. I don’t consider boooed egg as hot food item and I already eat oatmeal 4-5 days a week when not traveling so not into that when visiting a lounge.

Amazingly the alaska lounge in terminal d tho much more spacious also was lacking hot food items.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 5:24 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by ST_Hawaii
.... lacking in hot food items ....
Most likely because this location does not have a kitchen.
kirkwoodj and safari ari like this.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 10:54 am

Programs: AS
Wondering how the SEA lounge crowding is now? AS lounges at SEA no longer allow PP. Plat Card holders can still access Centurion Lounge but, it sounds like entry may not be possible due to lounge crowding. Flying mid-day next week and hoping to have access. Frustrating , as many of us pay $550 AF and have no assurance that we will have lounge access at SEA.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 11:33 am

Haven’t been to the lounge at SEA, but I bought a full Alaska Lounge membership with cashback and have noticed that it is about as full it was when I first had a Priority Pass. There was plenty of seating and no queue at the pancake printer. At the same time, the Centurion was fairly busy, but I could still find seats. It would be cool if they could do an Alaska deal, but the Delta partnership makes it unlikely. It would be cool if you could use the airline credit towards a lounge membership though.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 8:17 am

Programs: AS MVP , Delta Gold Medallion, "Credit Card" status for various hotels
Originally Posted by pcoll
Wondering how the SEA lounge crowding is now? AS lounges at SEA no longer allow PP. Plat Card holders can still access Centurion Lounge but, it sounds like entry may not be possible due to lounge crowding. Flying mid-day next week and hoping to have access. Frustrating , as many of us pay $550 AF and have no assurance that we will have lounge access at SEA.
Hopefully with the busy summer season over, the lounge won’t be as crazy. It would be great to get some post-summer data points. My $550 AF just posted yesterday and it would be good to know how reliable lounge access is now.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 10:49 am

Programs: AS
Will post our experience at SEA on Tuesday. Should arrive at lounge around 11-11:30 am. Probably flying out of N terminal. (keeping our fingers crossed- I do not want to schlep to The Club.)
Old Sep 16, 2018, 2:55 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Discussion of using American Express airline fee reimbursement benefit to pay for a club membership has been moved:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...orts-only.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.