Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge LGA [Opened, 12 August 2014; New location open 21 June 2021]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 4, 2022, 6:27 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge LGA [Opened, 12 August 2014; New location open 21 June 2021]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2017, 12:49 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by Simon Schus
I've got a 2hr30minute connection at LGA with AA (BOS-LGA-PIT). I'm likely to arrive into Terminal C, and depart from Terminal B. We have TSA Precheck, and would have to transfer from Terminal C->B anyway for my connection. I think that we'd take a airside bus between Terminals B and C though, as there is no obvious walking option and would want to avoid the landside construction.

Do you think I'll have chance to head to the Centurion Lounge between the flights, and spend some meaningful time in there? Or just use the AA Lounges?

I've been in the Centurion Lounge at LGA before, and find it much nicer than the AA lounge - but I can't remember how long it roughly takes to get between terminals as I rarely travel to/through LGA.
Yes, the airside bus would definitely be the way to go regardless -- the roads landside are quite a mess these days, but you should hopefully be able to avoid most of that by staying airside.

Probably best to make a game-day decision once you get to Terminal B and see how much time you have and whether you think it's worth having to come back in through the TSA checkpoint.

Last edited by bgriff; Jun 20, 2017 at 8:23 am Reason: Wrote "staying landside", meant "staying airside". Fixed.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 12:55 pm

Lovely - thanks, bgriff. Game-time decision it will be!

Thank you all for letting me bounce this off you all
Old Jun 19, 2017, 12:57 pm

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Simon Schus
I think that we'd take a airside bus between Terminals B and C though, as there is no obvious walking option and would want to avoid the landside construction.
I'm not aware that there is an airside bus option but my info might be out of date if one was introduced because of the construction. Traditionally, there haven't been any.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 1:27 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by jspira
I'm not aware that there is an airside bus option but my info might be out of date if one was introduced because of the construction. Traditionally, there haven't been any.
Its only for AA passengers and goes between Terminal C and both AA piers at Terminal B (concourses C and D). They usually (but not always) will ask you to show your AA boarding pass.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 7:30 am

Had my first visit to the LGA Centurion Lounge this past Friday. I was very impressed. I was there from about 10 to 130, and while there were a good number of people in the lounge, it never felt crowded and there were always seats available.

The food was hot, fresh, and consistently replenished. I was able to sample both breakfast and lunch and both were tasty. The bartender was friendly and quick with the drinks.

I have to say LGA beats my experiences at other CLs - DFW (overcrowded) and SEA (the former Studio - no substantial food and too small).

I look forward to my next visit.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 9:07 am

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
New Policy @ Centurion LGA: Limited cocktails during breakfast hours!

Hi All,

I came into the Centurion Lounge at LGA this morning and saw a new, shortened cocktail list. Apparently as of this morning the bar will only serve the following during "Breakfast Hours":

- Bloody Mary

- Screwdriver

- Mimosa

- Beer & Wine

The server was very clear that nothing else could be served. Not an issue for me, although sometimes I prefer a vodka cranberry or Bailey's & coffee when offered free alcohol in the morning.

Is this happening anywhere else?
Old Aug 19, 2017, 4:42 pm

Programs: Delta Gold. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Explorist.
Originally Posted by HPN-HRL
Hi All,

I came into the Centurion Lounge at LGA this morning and saw a new, shortened cocktail list. Apparently as of this morning the bar will only serve the following during "Breakfast Hours":

- Bloody Mary

- Screwdriver

- Mimosa

- Beer & Wine

The server was very clear that nothing else could be served. Not an issue for me, although sometimes I prefer a vodka cranberry or Bailey's & coffee when offered free alcohol in the morning.

Is this happening anywhere else?
Last time I was at the Centurion Lounge at SEA the bar was completely closed in the morning.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 4:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
It's tough to say, because you have a mix of local laws and Amex trying to keep things easy at that time of the day. I don't often hit CLs in the morning, and if I do, I usually have a bloody mary so I'm not trying for anything outside of the "limited menu"

It may be a chain wide unwritten policy, because james318 posted this in OMNI a couple weeks ago (I remember the thread) around 8 am local time from the DFW lounge:

ONLY bloody Mary's, beer, wine, and sparkling wine.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 7:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Can't imagine there is much demand for much else at that time. I am sort of surprised that there is beer & wine, but it's really not a nuisance to serve that once the bar is open.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 1:22 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
When are "Breakfast Hours"? And when does the bar open for full service?
Old Aug 20, 2017, 4:55 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by transportprof
When are "Breakfast Hours"?
Breakfast 6:30 am - 11 am
https://www.thecenturionlounge.com/locations/LGA > View Sample Menu
Old Aug 21, 2017, 12:06 am
Original Member

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Diamond, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver
I would think Baileys and coffee and Irish coffee would be a big morning drink for folks.
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 11:04 am

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
It's tough to say, because you have a mix of local laws and Amex trying to keep things easy at that time of the day. I don't often hit CLs in the morning, and if I do, I usually have a bloody mary so I'm not trying for anything outside of the "limited menu"

It may be a chain wide unwritten policy, because james318 posted this in OMNI a couple weeks ago (I remember the thread) around 8 am local time from the DFW lounge:
Interesting - no screwdrivers & two weeks ago. I was told that Saturday was the first day of the new limited breakfast cocktail menu at LGA.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 11:13 am
TBD

Programs: All The Programs
I suppose I'll have to find an alternate source for my morning trio of tequila shots

Last edited by TBD; Aug 21, 2017 at 1:00 pm Reason: typo
Old Aug 21, 2017, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by ChrisFlyer66
Last time I was at the Centurion Lounge at SEA the bar was completely closed in the morning.
SEA bar was open this morning. I got there at 9am and I think they rolled up the cage around 10am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.