Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge LGA [Opened, 12 August 2014; New location open 21 June 2021]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 4, 2022, 6:27 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge LGA [Opened, 12 August 2014; New location open 21 June 2021]

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2016, 11:50 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob/UA Gold
Originally Posted by pallhedge
From the lounge to terminal C is about a 10 minute walk, 15 if you walk really slow. I'll leave speculating the time through security and to the gate up to you.
Splitting hairs here, but it is about 10 minutes from exiting security in D to entering terminal C, and getting to the lounge is another 3-5 minutes because it is halfway through the terminal on an upper level. If you are relatively speedy it should take 15 minutes.

I went for it with a 90 minute layover on a Sunday and it was well worth it, even only spending about 25 minutes in the lounge. If you get lucky and there's a bus out front it could shave off a few minutes, but I think it would be slower to take it back to D.

Precheck getting back in to D was a nightmare though- a couple arguing with security about bags (not sure why), and a guy with a cracked screen that wouldn't scan. He put up a fuss because he didn't have a paper BP and he was going to miss his flight if he had to get a new one. Constant pax re-entering the line after going off to fix something. I think I waited 10 minutes in that line without moving and was sweating it a little. But still worth it!

Not sure I would risk it if your friends don't have pre-check though.
Old May 18, 2016, 7:01 am

Originally Posted by joachimm
Splitting hairs here, but it is about 10 minutes from exiting security in D to entering terminal C, and getting to the lounge is another 3-5 minutes because it is halfway through the terminal on an upper level. If you are relatively speedy it should take 15 minutes.

I went for it with a 90 minute layover on a Sunday and it was well worth it, even only spending about 25 minutes in the lounge. If you get lucky and there's a bus out front it could shave off a few minutes, but I think it would be slower to take it back to D.

Precheck getting back in to D was a nightmare though- a couple arguing with security about bags (not sure why), and a guy with a cracked screen that wouldn't scan. He put up a fuss because he didn't have a paper BP and he was going to miss his flight if he had to get a new one. Constant pax re-entering the line after going off to fix something. I think I waited 10 minutes in that line without moving and was sweating it a little. But still worth it!

Not sure I would risk it if your friends don't have pre-check though.
To be clear, OP asked about the time from Centurion Lounge (located in Terminal B) to Terminal C and that's what I answered. I'm not sure why you've introduced Terminal D and it's additional 5 minutes into this particular conversation.
Old May 18, 2016, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by pallhedge
To be clear, OP asked about the time from Centurion Lounge (located in Terminal B) to Terminal C and that's what I answered. I'm not sure why you've introduced Terminal D and it's additional 5 minutes into this particular conversation.
Sorry!!! I think I really meant C->B; I remember being confused at the time about whether I was arriving at C or D on AA, plus the whole concourse vs terminal thing at LGA. Guess I am still confused
Old May 19, 2016, 11:12 am

Thanks everybody! Sounds like it will probably be too risky without everyone having pre-check unfortunately. Putting the entrance before security kind of defeats the purpose of a lounge doesn't it? Unless you have a really long layover? Oh well.
Old May 19, 2016, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nivekious
Putting the entrance before security kind of defeats the purpose of a lounge doesn't it? Unless you have a really long layover? Oh well.
If they could have put it airside, they would have I'm sure. The issue at LGA is there is no space airside in the central terminal building for a lounge and it likely made more sense to put it in the Central building rather than the DL terminal because people with free access to the Centurion Lounge already have free access to the DL Sky Clubs. This way they catch UA/WN flyers

I don't think it defeats the purpose, but then again I have precheck and generally fly United which are the gates closest to the lounge.
Old May 20, 2016, 12:12 am

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
If they could have put it airside, they would have I'm sure. The issue at LGA is there is no space airside in the central terminal building for a lounge and it likely made more sense to put it in the Central building rather than the DL terminal because people with free access to the Centurion Lounge already have free access to the DL Sky Clubs. This way they catch UA/WN flyers

I don't think it defeats the purpose, but then again I have precheck and generally fly United which are the gates closest to the lounge.
I guess that makes sense. Maybe it's just me, but I only use a lounge if I'm at the airport, through security, and everything earlier than expected. If I have to get their early just to use the lounge before going through security, I'd rather be doing something else before going to the airport.
Old May 20, 2016, 12:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Originally Posted by nivekious
I guess that makes sense. Maybe it's just me, but I only use a lounge if I'm at the airport, through security, and everything earlier than expected. If I have to get their early just to use the lounge before going through security, I'd rather be doing something else before going to the airport.
Sometimes certain factors make you want to get to the airport extra-early (risk aversion). I always have work (job related and personal) I can do on my laptop wherever I am physically located.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 3:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
I'm sure this is somewhere upthread but I looked a few pages and don't see it.

(1) When does breakfast end and lunch begin? (next Saturday, if that matters)
(2) When does bar service begin?

(I'm flying in and thinking about having a guest meet me for "brunch" (which would ideally be breakfast food + a bloody mary or something around 10 a.m.), but not sure what happens when.)
Old Jun 7, 2016, 4:22 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
This page shows:

Breakfast 6 am - 11 am
Lunch & Dinner 11 am - 7:45 pm (Sun-Fri), 11 am - 6:15 pm (Sat)

Cocktails 10:30 am - 7:30 pm (Sun-Fri), 10:30 am - 6 pm (Sat)

http://thecenturionlounge.com/locations/LGA
Old Jun 7, 2016, 4:22 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Platinum; HH Diamond; SPG Gold; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
I'm sure this is somewhere upthread but I looked a few pages and don't see it.

(I'm flying in and thinking about having a guest meet me for "brunch" (which would ideally be breakfast food + a bloody mary or something around 10 a.m.), but not sure what happens when.)

Breakfast
6 am - 11 am

Lunch & Dinner
11 am - 7:45 pm (Sun-Fri)
11 am - 6:15 pm (Sat)

10:30 am - 7:30 pm (Sun-Fri)
10:30 am - 6 pm (Sat)

Why wouldn't you just go to the lounge website instead of asking here. They have a very user friendly site that lists all of their lounges and hours.

Not trying to be a ****, just curious.

I was at the LGA lounge over Memorial Day weekend and enjoyed the plane watching views.

Enjoy

Last edited by aaronw915; Jun 7, 2016 at 4:23 pm Reason: punctuation
Old Jun 7, 2016, 6:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by aaronw915
Why wouldn't you just go to the lounge website instead of asking here. They have a very user friendly site that lists all of their lounges and hours.

Not trying to be a ****, just curious.

Thanks for the info. I did go to the website. The info you both (helpfully) provided is only visible if you click "View Sample Menu" or "View Sample Drinks," and I didn't feel compelled to click either of those.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 8:29 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Platinum; HH Diamond; SPG Gold; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
Thanks for the info. I did go to the website. The info you both (helpfully) provided is only visible if you click "View Sample Menu" or "View Sample Drinks," and I didn't feel compelled to click either of those.
They had fried chicken when I was there and it was very good. I also liked the wild mushroom soup they had, I spooned it over a bowl of rice.

The best seats to watch the planes land are directly in front of you as you enter and go past the reception desk.

The food is down the hall on your right and you make a left to the bar and food area with other seats as well.

Old Jun 14, 2016, 9:45 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Stopped by last Friday at 6 PM. It was crowded, but not as bad as I've seen other lounges, I was able to get a table in the bar for me and my girlfriend. Food was pretty good, a really good Thai Coconut Soup and lemongrass chicken wings plus the usual salad, snack mix, popcorn.

On an odd note the, scotch glasses are an odd size:

Oh and the peach lemonade was really good.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 8:08 pm

Is it possible to get in without a boarding pass, or any easy way to fake a boarding pass? Since this is before security, I am thinking of just heading to the airport and having lunch there while I am in NYC.

I would prefer not to do the buy-then-cancel trick just to get a boarding pass. Or if anyone can recommend an airline who are okay with such customers that would be great too!
Old Jun 17, 2016, 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by Rommie2k6
Is it possible to get in without a boarding pass, or any easy way to fake a boarding pass? Since this is before security, I am thinking of just heading to the airport and having lunch there while I am in NYC.

I would prefer not to do the buy-then-cancel trick just to get a boarding pass. Or if anyone can recommend an airline who are okay with such customers that would be great too!
They were checking everyone's boarding pass at LGA the two times I've been in the last year. This is why there is usually a line.

I know were not supposed to disparage other posters on this forum, but is this a joke? Sometimes I can't tell. Would you really spend 30+ minutes in transport plus mta/uber $ to eat in a Centurion Lounge? I know I could find 20+ establishments I'd rather eat at in NYC for less than $20 and it doesn't require purchasing an airplane ticket.

Then again, I will route through LGA or MIA and add a longer layover just to be able to visit a lounge, so I guess I sort of get it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.