Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge LGA [Opened, 12 August 2014; New location open 21 June 2021]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 4, 2022, 6:27 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge LGA [Opened, 12 August 2014; New location open 21 June 2021]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2023, 2:02 pm

Programs: $9 Fare Club
That's criminal the dishwasher hasn't been fixed.

That should have been fixed within 24 hours and we're a month later with them still serving drinks in paper cups? Disgraceful.
Old Jan 11, 2023, 10:24 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Visited the club earlier today. I think it is pretty clearly the third best (at best) club at LGA now, behind Delta SkyClub and the Admirals Club.

1) Same cramped layout as many Centurion Lounges
2) Same mediocre food (chicken thigh forever, rice, etc)
3) Generally full, if no line

The SkyClub blows it away (spacious club, very good food, great views, etc). The Admirals Club is more spacious, has a view of the gates by virtue of being on the second floor, warm wood tones, and pretty friendly service. The regular food is slightly worse at Admirals Club - however, the guacamole station (if running) could tip it above the edge

I think it is worrying that new airline operated clubs are routinely beating new Centurion Lounges
Vaclav and imnotalawyer like this.
Old Jan 11, 2023, 11:24 am

for those who frequent this lounge, how do you think the crowding will be after the new entry rules take place? i might be able to visit on thursday, march 2nd, before a flight to MCO. i would sincerely hope i wouldnt have to "make a line" and then have to pay $50 to bring in my spouse. i feel as though that would be tough to swallow honestly. what do you think?
Old Jan 12, 2023, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Adelphos
The SkyClub blows it away (spacious club, very good food, great views, etc).
I like the SC, however there is typically a line to get in these days, even utilizing the DM fast track line. And then there is the queue for food. Last time I was there I was flying out in F, so I didn't even bother queueing for food and just rolled the dice with the food on board,

Originally Posted by Adelphos
I think it is worrying that new airline operated clubs are routinely beating new Centurion Lounges
I think this is isolated to a handful of new SCs, which I agree with you offer a better experience than the average CL. Unfortunately, I am generally unable to sample Doug Parker's guacamole, so I'll have to take the AA lounge offerings at your word.

Last edited by krazykanuck; Jan 12, 2023 at 6:54 am
Old Jan 12, 2023, 7:10 am

michael1023 while your question may be better suited for the general "crowding" thread on this subject I think your conundrum is an example of where the policy might actually be effective at reducing crowding. Someone in your shoes, who not only has to pay for guest access but also wait in line, is likely to simply divert to another lounge or a restaurant in the terminal (where they don't have to pay or where their money goes further). I just took the proactive step to add my wife as an AU which was a much easier pill to swallow when I realized that doing so would also negate any guest fees at Sky Clubs (so I am an example of how the policy doesn't reduce crowding but does raise revenue for Amex...)

krazykanuck one thing that has consistently surprised me about Sky Clubs, is how well they handle crowding. My Delta experience is limited to JFK/LGA/SLC/MSY but they are always fully staffed and firing on all cylinders. I was particularly impressed some of my experiences at the new LGA SC, which was nearly at capacity but really wanting for nothing in terms of service.

More broadly on the subject of lounge quality, while perhaps not as grim as we make it out to be, the pandemic-era and post-pandemic-era food offerings in Centurion Lounges have certainly suffered a bit. The prolonged equipment issues (dishwasher) are baffling and not really excusable for an organization of this size.
Old Jan 12, 2023, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by imnotalawyer
krazykanuck one thing that has consistently surprised me about Sky Clubs, is how well they handle crowding. My Delta experience is limited to JFK/LGA/SLC/MSY but they are always fully staffed and firing on all cylinders. I was particularly impressed some of my experiences at the new LGA SC, which was nearly at capacity but really wanting for nothing in terms of service.
Completely agree. I don't have the exact count to support this, but the staff to customer ratio at SCs feels higher than your typical CL. The LGA SC typically has 3, 4 bartenders, with a couple of semi defined lines. Most CLs will have 1 or 2 folks, and maybe a line.
imnotalawyer likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2023, 9:51 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Discussion of the value of renewing Platinum in view of Centurion Lounge crowding has been moved here: USA personal Platinum annual fee increase to $695, July 2021.
Old Jan 23, 2023, 2:59 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
At Centurion and AC earlier today. Wasn’t crowded around noon but more people filed in possibly due to flight delays. Can’t agree with assessment that Admirals Club is better; food and beverage is not comparable at all.
Old Jan 23, 2023, 9:09 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by seawolf
At Centurion and AC earlier today. ...
Speaking of CL and AC Club, many United loyalists will have a choice of three clubs when departing LGA on United: CL, AC club, UA club. For breakfast offerings, there’s been a significant change among the three clubs from last ski season (winter) to this ski season (based on five or six morning experiences last winter and three so far this winter).

CL breakfast offerings has had the fewest changes, still the best for fresh cut breakfast buffet fruits and bulk Greek yogurt and still the easiest club to make your own iced coffee. UA club, in terms of hot food, has done away with the tasty sausage/egg/cheese English muffins and replaced it with only plain scrambled eggs during two visits, with plain waffles, added during my recent third visit. AC Club has had the most marked improvement. Last winter their hot breakfast offerings were rather pathetic, this winter on all 3 trips, they’ve offered small plain and cheese omelettes and very tasty bacon.

Last winter my morning LGA departure routine was CL for fruit and yogurt and iced coffee, then UA Club for a breakfast sandwich and a handful of wintergreen lifesavers to get me through the flight(s). This winter it’s still the CL for fruit and yogurt and iced coffee, and then the AC Club for an omelette or two and (too much) bacon and finally, time permitting, the UA Club to grab a few wintergreen lifesavers.

For all 3 morning departures (Tuesday, Sunday, Sunday) in the past month, the CL has been about 50% full with readily available seating and both the UA and AC clubs have been virtually empty, perhaps half a dozen people in each.
Buster CT1K and mia like this.

Last edited by Dr Jabadski; Jan 24, 2023 at 8:41 am
Old Feb 14, 2023, 5:29 am

What’s the breakfast spread recently here? Is there a menu?
Old Feb 28, 2023, 8:46 am

T minus two days until I try to enter the Lga centurion lounge. If there’s no line I’ll pay the guest fee just to see what the fuss is all about and report back if it’s worth it in my opinion. food, service, crowding etc. if there’s a huge line just to get in forget it. I’ll have to explore other co branded lounge credit cards instead

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.