Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge LGA [Opened, 12 August 2014; New location open 21 June 2021]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 4, 2022, 6:27 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge LGA [Opened, 12 August 2014; New location open 21 June 2021]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2015, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by heatheresq
Has anyone had a similar experience? Or has anyone heard of this "policy"?
I personally haven't encountered this "policy" though on one or two occasions would probably apply to me. Though FWIW I typically don't just pound cocktails, I'll have a couple cocktails and then switch to beer. Sounds like a YMMV situation and maybe you didn't have the rapport with the bartender that you thought you had. I wouldn't put too much stock in one experience.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 10:29 am

Programs: Hertz Five Star, Delta SkyMiles, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, National Executive, Alaksa MVP
American Shuttle

Can you check-in for the shuttle at the main terminal? That way you can do the lounge and take the shuttle buses over to the shuttle terminal.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 10:37 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by rpk113
Can you check-in for the shuttle at the main terminal? That way you can do the lounge and take the shuttle buses over to the shuttle terminal.
Sorry ignore my previous response; thought you were talking about the DL Shuttle. Someone else may be able to help better with the AA (until Saturday US) Shuttle and whether AA lets you check in at the central terminal when flying out of Terminal C for the Shuttle.

But, if you are checking bags, even if AA would allow it I'd recommend it is not worth the risk of checking in at the terminal where your flight is not operating -- just bring your checked bags to the Centurion Lounge with you and then leave the lounge early enough to go to check-in at Terminal C and check them there. Checking the bags in at the other terminal increases your chances of them getting lost too much for my tastes. If you're not checking bags then it should be no problem to print a boarding pass at the main terminal, or just use your phone.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 10:39 am

Programs: Hertz Five Star, Delta SkyMiles, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, National Executive, Alaksa MVP
Originally Posted by bgriff
Not sure what you mean by "main terminal" but since this thread is about the Centurion Lounge I assume you mean the "Central Terminal" or Terminal B, where the Centurion Lounge is located -- Delta has no presence of any sort at Terminal B so you can't check in for any Delta flights there.

If you wanted to use the Centurion Lounge before a Delta Shuttle flight to DCA or ORD, best would be to go to the Central Terminal, use the lounge, and then head over to the Marine Air Terminal when you're ready to depart. If you don't have checked bags then just check in online or on your phone. If you do have checked bags, bring them to the Centurion Lounge with you and leave enough time to check them when you get to the Marine Air Terminal (note that the baggage check-in deadline is shorter on Shuttle flights, only 30 minutes, than on regular flights which makes this easier).

I don't think you can check in for DCA and ORD Shuttle flights at the regular Delta terminals C and D, especially if you are checking bags, since Delta does not have any infrastructure for routinely transferring bags between Terminals C and D and the Marine Air Terminal, which are at opposite ends of the airport. But if you are taking a Shuttle flight to BOS that operates out of Terminal C and works the same as any other Delta LGA flight these days.
I was talking about the American Shuttle..
Old Oct 15, 2015, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
I personally haven't encountered this "policy" though on one or two occasions would probably apply to me. Though FWIW I typically don't just pound cocktails, I'll have a couple cocktails and then switch to beer. Sounds like a YMMV situation and maybe you didn't have the rapport with the bartender that you thought you had. I wouldn't put too much stock in one experience.
My friend and I unfortunately have had to deal with that witch (drink/food blocking) on more than one occasion. In our experience, the bartenders are awesome and they're more than willing to serve us.

One evening at about 645 the lounge was extremely crowded and it was taking forever to order drinks. My friend ordered 2 drinks for us and while I was sitting down at a table so we wouldn't lose our spots. After a long while, my companion came back with the drinks and I went to go grab food. Knowing how long it took him to get drinks, I saw there was a lull in the bar area so I also ordered drinks hoping to have them made by the time I finished grabbing my food. She denied me and said that we needed to finish our drinks before ordering more.

Fast forward to 7:15 pm, they announced last call and I was screwed with having to wait in a line about 10+ people long. I wanted to plan ahead and avoid crowds such as this. When I finally got to the bar that stingy manager lady was serving me. I ordered a simple drink and she claimed to not know how to make it. I feel like she was snubbing us for some reason.

Instead of holding up the line, I just ordered a simple alcohol and club soda. I've noticed this manager lady being extremely overprotective of food and drinks. It's as if you take food out of her kids mouths if you're trying to get another drink or go for seconds at the buffet.
Old Oct 17, 2015, 4:19 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Marriott Plat Prem., Hilton Gold, National Exec Elite.
Does the menu ever change???? Breakfast is always the same, which I don't mind. But Fried chicken everyday for lunch is getting a bit old!!
Old Oct 17, 2015, 8:05 pm

There was short rib w/some kind of puree and sauteed sunchokes for lunch on Wed. :-) love the berry panna cotta and the coffee.
Old Oct 18, 2015, 12:11 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Used the lounge yesterday for my first time. No problem accessing it with an arriving boarding pass only. Had a nice cup of coffee and some fruit. They also had french toast, waffles, eggs benedict and oatmeal. My only complaint is the bathroom is too small (with only two stalls) so I had to wait my turn. Staff was friendly, space is amazing and the views are great. Can't wait to come back, I can't imagine ever using the LGA United Club again.
Old Oct 22, 2015, 4:00 pm

Programs: AA PL, DL Gold, Hyatt Dia, SPG Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by richba11er
My friend and I unfortunately have had to deal with that witch (drink/food blocking) on more than one occasion. In our experience, the bartenders are awesome and they're more than willing to serve us.

One evening at about 645 the lounge was extremely crowded and it was taking forever to order drinks. My friend ordered 2 drinks for us and while I was sitting down at a table so we wouldn't lose our spots. After a long while, my companion came back with the drinks and I went to go grab food. Knowing how long it took him to get drinks, I saw there was a lull in the bar area so I also ordered drinks hoping to have them made by the time I finished grabbing my food. She denied me and said that we needed to finish our drinks before ordering more.

Fast forward to 7:15 pm, they announced last call and I was screwed with having to wait in a line about 10+ people long. I wanted to plan ahead and avoid crowds such as this. When I finally got to the bar that stingy manager lady was serving me. I ordered a simple drink and she claimed to not know how to make it. I feel like she was snubbing us for some reason.

Instead of holding up the line, I just ordered a simple alcohol and club soda. I've noticed this manager lady being extremely overprotective of food and drinks. It's as if you take food out of her kids mouths if you're trying to get another drink or go for seconds at the buffet.
Hahah...thanks for the support Richballer! I am glad to hear that I am not the only one that had a bad experience with her.
Old Oct 23, 2015, 8:34 am
Suspended

this might be a general Centurion lounge access inquiry but since I am planning to use LGA on Sunday before my connecting flight to JFK so I am posting it here. My account is currently going through Financial review which will take 7-10 business days and hence all the charging is suspended. Can I still access the lounge? I am arriving at 1 pm and my flight at JFK is at 4:30 pm.
Old Oct 26, 2015, 7:23 am

Don't think you can manage...

Originally Posted by nadir576
this might be a general Centurion lounge access inquiry but since I am planning to use LGA on Sunday before my connecting flight to JFK so I am posting it here. My account is currently going through Financial review which will take 7-10 business days and hence all the charging is suspended. Can I still access the lounge? I am arriving at 1 pm and my flight at JFK is at 4:30 pm.
I don't have an exact answer on your technical ability to access the lounge. I am incredulous, rather, as to how you will be able to manage your afternoon arrival at LGA with a JFK departure only 3.5 hours later. Yes, both airports are the same borough, but they are by no means close when considering traffic and required boarding times.
Old Oct 26, 2015, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by heatheresq
I don't have an exact answer on your technical ability to access the lounge. I am incredulous, rather, as to how you will be able to manage your afternoon arrival at LGA with a JFK departure only 3.5 hours later. Yes, both airports are the same borough, but they are by no means close when considering traffic and required boarding times.
I grew up not far from LGA and would disagree with this. With no traffic, we're talking 20 minutes. On a Sunday, with light traffic, lets say 30 minutes. With absolutely horrific traffic 45 minutes to an hour. If OP has domestic flight out of JFK, there's certainly time for a cocktail or two at LGA lounge.
Old Oct 26, 2015, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by pallhedge
I grew up not far from LGA and would disagree with this. With no traffic, we're talking 20 minutes. On a Sunday, with light traffic, lets say 30 minutes. With absolutely horrific traffic 45 minutes to an hour. If OP has domestic flight out of JFK, there's certainly time for a cocktail or two at LGA lounge.
As someone that also regularly transits these airports, I would just be a bit more cautious. I don't know about 20 minutes at all, but even with the 30-45 minute estimate, make sure you add in 10-20 minutes deplaning and getting to lounge, 5-10 minutes walking from Centurion Lounge to exit, 5-10 minutes (generous) to get a taxi, 10 minutes getting through security (generous), and the requisite boarding time (YMMV, but I wouldn't promote getting there too late). I calculate 1:30 which is a major chop into the 3 hours. It could work but the Medford Stuyvesant would definitely have me missing my flight! Salute!
Old Nov 1, 2015, 1:50 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I was back this morning and once again had a very pleasant experience. They had fried eggs embedded in toast, chocolate chip waffles and french toast that was so good I got seconds Plus, the orange juice and coffee were delicious. I didn't even bother to head to the United Club.

Old Nov 2, 2015, 9:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That french toast is amazeballs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.