Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge LGA [Opened, 12 August 2014; New location open 21 June 2021]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 4, 2022, 6:27 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge LGA [Opened, 12 August 2014; New location open 21 June 2021]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2014, 9:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
My wife and I will be flying out of LGA next week on different airlines, departing around the same time (her flight departs 15 minutes ahead of mine).

Will she have any problems accessing the Centuron Lounge as my guest (AMEX Platinum) since we're on different flights? I've never tried this before at any of the AMEX lounges.

-FlyerBeek
Old Dec 8, 2014, 9:17 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Doubt you will have issues.
Old Dec 9, 2014, 8:47 am

Programs: American AAdvantage
Originally Posted by Rsherwin
Once you arrive in the food/bar area, it's fantastic. The views of the planes landing are great, although you don't see much of Manhattan. The club straddles the B/C gates in the Central Terminal. Probably give yourself 5-10 mins to get to TSA Pre-Check on the AA wing D. I've always found Pre-Check to be pretty quick, so I'd guess 15 mins from Club to Gate is about right...20-25 if flying at a busy time. For me, I'll be showing up at LGA 15 mins earlier now for a quick lounge visit.
The walk between the lounge and Terminal D (AA) is about 5-10 minutes. The additional 10-15 minutes is to get through TSA security? Too bad the lounge isn't in the secured area like the one at DFW.
Old Dec 9, 2014, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
My wife and I will be flying out of LGA next week on different airlines, departing around the same time (her flight departs 15 minutes ahead of mine).

Will she have any problems accessing the Centuron Lounge as my guest (AMEX Platinum) since we're on different flights? I've never tried this before at any of the AMEX lounges.

-FlyerBeek
Absolutely not.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 11:52 am

My flight is on US airways departing 6:30am. I saw online that the lounge opens at 5:30am. Would I possibly have the time to be able to take a quick peek at the lounge?
Old Dec 16, 2014, 5:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Delta DM, Bonvoy Titanium, Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Club, National Exec something!
You'll have no problem. Had precisely the same last week. Only continental breakfast till 6 though! Real breakfast starts then.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 9:50 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
I'm planning to check out the lounge before departing on a Delta flight next week. Does anyone know what airline's check-in area at the central terminal should I direct the cab driver to, in order to be closest to the Centurion lounge when I get inside (since I don't otherwise have any business at the central terminal)? I'm guessing Spirit or United maybe?
Old Dec 19, 2014, 11:18 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
United, there is a door one door before the door with the first United sign that is the most convenient to access the lounge (the door has no overhead sign but had some weird decal actually on the door for a Chinese restaurant/food court eatery - yes I know that's strange).
Old Dec 19, 2014, 12:56 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Admirals Club, Global Entry
Ah, Gooseman 13, I'm outing you as an Amex Platinum guy who flies Spirit! I thought I was the only one. I'm flying into LGA with them shortly and was going to eat at the Centurion lounge since goodness knows Spirit isn't going to feed me.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 12:56 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by gooseman13
United, there is a door one door before the door with the first United sign that is the most convenient to access the lounge (the door has no overhead sign but had some weird decal actually on the door for a Chinese restaurant/food court eatery - yes I know that's strange).
Thanks, I'll keep an eye out.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 1:57 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I'm looking at booking a flight that connects "AA flight -> LGA -> US flight" -- I've done this connection before and it involves a shuttle from the AA terminal (Terminal B) to the US terminal (Terminal C).

However, I can get about 2.5 hours at LGA, and was thinking of leaving the secure area after my AA flight, then visiting the Centurion Lounge.

Would it be possible to use my onward US boarding pass to go back through security at the AA piers and claim that I want to take the shuttle to the US Terminal? Or would I have to transfer outside the secure area?

I visited the lounge on arrival a few weeks ago and really liked it, so I know what I'll be getting.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 9:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by amolkold
I'm looking at booking a flight that connects "AA flight -> LGA -> US flight" -- I've done this connection before and it involves a shuttle from the AA terminal (Terminal B) to the US terminal (Terminal C).

However, I can get about 2.5 hours at LGA, and was thinking of leaving the secure area after my AA flight, then visiting the Centurion Lounge.

Would it be possible to use my onward US boarding pass to go back through security at the AA piers and claim that I want to take the shuttle to the US Terminal? Or would I have to transfer outside the secure area?
To visit the lounge you'd have to leave the secure area and re-clear regardless of what BP you use. I have never tried what you're looking to do. My guess is that as long as the BP scans you're good, but the brain dead blue uniforms at security may get confused and not know what to do.

If you're worried about the transfer time via walking, it's not very long. I did lounge to US Airways gates in about 10-15 mins in Sept. and that involved having to walk through the parking lot due to construction detours.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 9:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, UA Silver, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Avis Pres Club
Originally Posted by amolkold
Might work, but since you're leaving the secure area anyway, you could always take the landside shuttle to the US terminal and go through security there. Wouldn't really take any extra time (unless you hate terminal C security for some reason).
Old Jan 5, 2015, 2:10 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Admirals Club, Global Entry
Oddly, the Centurion Lounge at LGA and Spirit Airlines make for a pretty decent combination: Spirit uses Pier B at the main terminal, which is immediately next to the lounge.

The Spirit flight from DFW arrives at lunchtime, and so we took a few minutes to have a decent sit-down lunch and a Pino Grigio while enjoying the view -- not as good as the Admirals Club but pretty fine nonetheless. I asked the desk attendant how many Spirit boarding passes she sees, and she said, "Oh, a lot. Centurion members know how to save money!" which wasn't exactly the answer I was expecting.

On the way back to DFW, we got to the airport 90 minutes before the flight -- a full 45 minutes or more before I would usually get there -- since Spirit has no Pre Check and no elite lines . . . and since we wanted to have time for another lunch before our flight. The co-location of Spirit and the Centurion Lounge meant that we could check out the security line before committing to lunch with American Express.

It's still too bad the lounge is pre-security, though. But nice lunch. It made sitting in Row 29 not so bad.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 2:23 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Checked out the lounge on the way home for Christmas and was pleasantly surprised. I suppose I shouldn't have been because in many ways it was identical to the LAS and DFW lounges (indeed, I wouldn't mind if Amex decided to mix up the interior design at these lounges at least a bit, to reflect the cities they're in or just for variety), but having the same high-quality experience at LGA of all places made it much more jarring than in the modern-and-fairly-nice-in-general terminals at those other airports. And the food was very good, as expected.

It was pouring rain outside so I didn't attempt to walk to the Delta terminal, but the free interterminal shuttle bus run by the Port Authority was not too bad. The driver was going no more than 15MPH or so (maybe the PA has been cracking down on reckless on-airport driving by their own staff or something?) but it still took less than 10 minutes to get to the Delta terminal once we boarded.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.