Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge LGA [Opened, 12 August 2014; New location open 21 June 2021]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 4, 2022, 6:27 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge LGA [Opened, 12 August 2014; New location open 21 June 2021]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2016, 2:39 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Last October I had no issue using the LGA Centurion Lounge with an arrival RDU-LGA BP ^
Old Apr 19, 2016, 1:42 pm

How is breakfast these days? Last time I was there (circa Nov), dinner had gone completely downhill and was mediocre. Is breakfast still good or has it also declined?

Trying to decide if worth going before my DL flight or if I should just go to SkyClub. Previously (September), felt it was worth going. But haven't had a morning flight since then.
Old Apr 20, 2016, 11:02 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Admirals Club, Global Entry
I haven't tried the LGA club for breakfast, but at DFW it's still great if not exactly heart-healthy.

But note that the LGA lounge opens at 5:30 but doesn't have breakfast until 6:00; I don't know from personal experience how closely they adhere to that in practice.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 6:30 am

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by aa4ever
How is breakfast these days? Last time I was there (circa Nov), dinner had gone completely downhill and was mediocre. Is breakfast still good or has it also declined?

Trying to decide if worth going before my DL flight or if I should just go to SkyClub. Previously (September), felt it was worth going. But haven't had a morning flight since then.
Personally I'd never consider the Centurion Lounge if I was flying Delta. The extra terminal changing hassle isn't worth it, even for the best breakfast. That said, when I was last there in November I thought the breakfast was quite good (excellent french toast that I had seconds of and pretty good eggs too).
Old Apr 23, 2016, 11:58 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
Question how so?

Originally Posted by aa4ever
How is breakfast these days? Last time I was there (circa Nov), dinner had gone completely downhill and was mediocre. Is breakfast still good or has it also declined?.
Not sure what you mean that it has gone completely downhill? I have visited 2x this week, and both times they had soup, fried chicken, grilled sweet potatoes, rice, and two desserts. A wine menu and 10 beer choices. Is that what you mean by downhill?

My only issue is they don't seem to have the NYT or the WSJ?

(Full disclosure.........I have never been to a Delta lounge. Are they better than that?)
Old Apr 23, 2016, 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by Antonio8069
(Full disclosure.........I have never been to a Delta lounge. Are they better than that?)
Considerably. And that's saying something because by and large the DL lounges are actually quite nice.
Old Apr 24, 2016, 4:11 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Except you have to pay for the food and drinks at DL lounges
Old Apr 27, 2016, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by Antonio8069
Not sure what you mean that it has gone completely downhill? I have visited 2x this week, and both times they had soup, fried chicken, grilled sweet potatoes, rice, and two desserts. A wine menu and 10 beer choices. Is that what you mean by downhill?

My only issue is they don't seem to have the NYT or the WSJ?

It was more of a quality than a quantity thing. Last few times I went (I think late November/early Dec), I found the chicken to be poorly fried (super-greasy), the dessert mediocre, and the sides pretty bad (can't remember what they were). Only decent things I thought were good were the rice and one salad (arugula or spinach I think).

I agree that it's a nuisance to go to Cent if flying DL. However, since construction ended, it's a grand total of a 6 min walk from leaving the club to the Pre-Check line at C. Since I happened to wake up early and want a decent breakfast, I figured I'd go for it.

In terms of breakfast, the items themselves were the same, though quality perhaps a tad lower than last time I was there in the morning (September). Lounge was empty at 7am and service was very good.
Old May 12, 2016, 12:13 pm

hey guys...how much time do you think I will need between the lounge and Terminal C, I should be there around 8:30am tomorrow morning
have not done this before, just want to make sure I plan ahead for any extra time, usually fly out of central terminal so don't have to worry about anything
Old May 12, 2016, 12:52 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by divjan
...between the lounge and Terminal C, I should be there around 8:30am tomorrow morning
THIS post mentions a ten minute walk.
Old May 12, 2016, 1:46 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by mia
THIS post mentions a ten minute walk.
^ When flying out of Terminal C, I usually leave the lounge about 30 minutes before boarding. In the past, I would often be through Terminal C (PreCheck) security just 15 minutes after leaving the lounge (with enough time for a brief pop into the Admirals Club there). But the PreCheck line is definitely longer nowadays-- the last few times, 30 minutes was just enough time to walk over, go through security and walk to my gate.
Old May 12, 2016, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by dw
^ When flying out of Terminal C, I usually leave the lounge about 30 minutes before boarding. In the past, I would often be through Terminal C (PreCheck) security just 15 minutes after leaving the lounge (with enough time for a brief pop into the Admirals Club there). But the PreCheck line is definitely longer nowadays-- the last few times, 30 minutes was just enough time to walk over, go through security and walk to my gate.
Thanks mia and dw!!
precheck can be crapshoot nowdays...lets how it goes tomorrow
Old May 12, 2016, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by divjan
Thanks mia and dw!!
precheck can be crapshoot nowdays...lets how it goes tomorrow
That's what I like about flying UA out of LGA. Same terminal as the lounge, Precheck lane is often open and pretty empty. I can go lounge to gate in 5 mins.
Old May 16, 2016, 11:05 pm

I'm flying Delta out of LGA Saturday morning, and am wondering if it is worth visiting this lounge, considering I'll be with two friends who don't have pre-Check. I've been hearing about the awful security lines across the country all week, but haven't flown out of LGA recently so I'm not sure how bad it is. How long would we have to leave to get from the lounge to terminal C, get through security, and get to our gate? Thanks
Old May 17, 2016, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by nivekious
...How long would we have to leave to get from the lounge to terminal C, get through security, and get to our gate? Thanks
From the lounge to terminal C is about a 10 minute walk, 15 if you walk really slow. I'll leave speculating the time through security and to the gate up to you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.