Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge LGA [Opened, 12 August 2014; New location open 21 June 2021]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 4, 2022, 6:27 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge LGA [Opened, 12 August 2014; New location open 21 June 2021]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2019, 1:49 pm

Programs: AC E50K, DL GM , Hyatt Glob.
Did this Friday sept 14. Landed at B around 1830h, exited terminal at 1845 (got bags), got to terminal D about 20 min with waiting for shuttle. For folks asking why- I took the MTA q 70 bus heading out which stops at b then c and d. I could have hopped on the purple line bus and may have saved 5 mins.

good luck
Old Jan 1, 2020, 1:00 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Stopped in for a couple hours on December 23rd. When I arrived at 9 AM the Club was more than half empty and I had the entire room near the check in desks to myself. It filled up a little more but never as bad as some of the worst offender clubs. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful which was lovely. I asked when they planned to move to the new location and they said it could be as early as the first quarter of 2020.

As usual the bar wasn't open at 9 AM but they still served me some Proseco

Old Jan 1, 2020, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by CMK10
As usual the bar wasn't open at 9 AM but they still served me some Proseco
I don't know why they keep the gates down and it looks closed, if it's a NY law or what, but they'll serve any of the normal breakfast cocktails (the limited pre-10:30 am menu) upon request.

I was there a few days before you and the breakfast food has changed a bit. They have little single portion eggs benedict available, they're the bowls next to the frittata in CMK10's picture. The crispy french toast was so good, as always.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 6:14 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond *A Gold / Delta Gold
The LGA lounge is going to be at a new location? Where?
Old Jan 1, 2020, 8:28 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by Gasolin
If it’s going to open this year, then presumably in the new Terminal B headhouse, since the under construction western concourse will be the last part of Terminal B to open.
Old Jan 4, 2020, 11:05 am

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Gasolin
Originally Posted by dw
If it’s going to open this year, then presumably in the new Terminal B headhouse, since the under construction western concourse will be the last part of Terminal B to open.
Yep that's what the agents mentioned. I'll be back in a month or so and we'll see if they have any more information.
dw likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 5:33 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by CMK10
Yep that's what the agents mentioned. I'll be back in a month or so and we'll see if they have any more information.
Agent I spoke with this evening said they're estimating sometime in Q2. Per her, construction of the space is complete and they're finishing up the "cosmestic" portions. New lounge supposedly features showers. She said she anticipates opening sometime in Q2.
donotblink likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 11:23 pm

Will arrive on DL flight this Friday 6pm at terminal D and connects to another DL flight from terminal C with 2 hour connection. I read that I should forget about going to the Centurion lounge due to traffic and construction. Is it still the case ?

I have TSA pre is it makes a difference. Thanks
Old Jan 22, 2020, 4:27 am

Originally Posted by khkchan
Will arrive on DL flight this Friday 6pm at terminal D and connects to another DL flight from terminal C with 2 hour connection. I read that I should forget about going to the Centurion lounge due to traffic and construction. Is it still the case ?

I think it's a bit of a distance from D to B but I never tried it. In a nutshell, C and D are close and connected, it's maybe 5 to 10mn walk? B is in a different location and that's where the Centurion lounge is. Since I've never tried to do that "commute" between the terminal, I am not sure if your 2 hours connection is enough but it seems a bit tight. Especially with the construction slowing down a bit everything at LGA.

TSA pre should help but again, the issue is really the fact that it's in another terminal and it's not that close.

Apparently, those are the bus lines.
  • Purple Route: Terminals B, C, and D; daily parking, and 102nd Street.
  • Red Route: Terminals A, C, and D; Terminal A daily parking, rental car transfer point, and 102nd Street (drop-off only).
  • Blue Route: Terminals A and B, Terminal A daily parking, rental car transfer point, and Hanger 5 employees.
So you would want to hop into the purple line.

https://www.laguardiaairport.com/at-...on-airport-bus

Purple Route Bus
Service To:
Terminals
: B, C and D
Parking: Daily – Terminals C & D
Every Day
24 hrs
Frequency:
Peak 8-10 minutes
Non-peak 15 minutes

In the worst case scenario, you take 10mn to get off your plane, 15mn to wait, probably the commute by bus is like 5mn, 10mn to find your lounge (it's a slow elevator and it's in the middle of the terminal) etc... You stay for an hour, and you do the other way around to go to Terminal C. But then you don't have time for security. So you should probably trim down your time in the lounge to maybe 40mn or lower, to have 20mn for security and boarding, etc, etc...
khkchan likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 9:44 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too

Traffic has gotten a bit better though is still highly variable and unpredictable, and with all the time getting back and forth and reclearing security, you would have no more than 30 minutes or so in the Centurion Lounge, so personally I wouldn't bother making the trek.
krazykanuck likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2020, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by bgriff
Traffic has gotten a bit better though is still highly variable and unpredictable, and with all the time getting back and forth and reclearing security, you would have no more than 30 minutes or so in the Centurion Lounge, so personally I wouldn't bother making the trek.
Agreed. While it's a nice lounge it's not worth that kind of hassle. The Skyclubs are good enough for your length of layover
Old Jan 28, 2020, 8:20 pm

I managed to made the expedition to the Centurion lounge from Terminal C.

Flight arrived half an hour early so I have 2.5hr in total. Landed at 5:30pm, parked at gate at 5:42pm. Got my gate checked luggage and went to landside at about 5:50pm. The purple bus came at about 8 mins later and we arrived at Terminal B at about 6:05pm. Arrived at the lounge at about 6:15pm.

​​​​
Left the lounge at 6:45pm. Purple bus arrived at about 6:55pm. Arrived at Terminal C at 7:05pm. Went to TSA pre security and the gate at 7:20pm. My Delta flight started boarding at about 5 mins later

The agent at Centurion lounge said that I should absolutely leave the lounge 1 hour before departure if I have a Delta flight.

Noted that LGA just banned all taxis outside terminal. You will need to take a shuttle to get a taxi. This may helped with the traffic.

Food was about average. The chicken is a bit dry. The brussel sprouts tasted great as well as the G&T

I wouldn't recommend doing this if you have less than 2.5 hours.

​​​​​
HPN-HRL, krazykanuck and Gasolin like this.
Old Feb 1, 2020, 8:29 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by linglingfool
Agent I spoke with this evening said they're estimating sometime in Q2. Per her, construction of the space is complete and they're finishing up the "cosmestic" portions. New lounge supposedly features showers. She said she anticipates opening sometime in Q2.
Just came from there and asked about the new space. Apparently it’s about 2.5x the size of the existing lounge, which is great. Will also be airside.
Old Feb 1, 2020, 2:27 pm

I managed to made the expedition to the Centurion lounge from Terminal C.

Flight arrived half an hour early so I have 2.5hr in total. Landed at 5:30pm, parked at gate at 5:42pm. Got my gate checked luggage and went to landside at about 5:50pm. The purple bus came at about 8 mins later and we arrived at Terminal B at about 6:05pm. Arrived at the lounge at about 6:15pm.

​​​​
Left the lounge at 6:45pm. Purple bus arrived at about 6:55pm. Arrived at Terminal C at 7:05pm. Went to TSA pre security and the gate at 7:20pm. My Delta flight started boarding at about 5 mins later

The agent at Centurion lounge said that I should absolutely leave the lounge 1 hour before departure if I have a Delta flight.

Noted that LGA just banned all taxis outside terminal. You will need to take a shuttle to get a taxi. This may helped with the traffic.

Food was about average. The chicken is a bit dry. The brussel sprouts tasted great as well as the G&T

I wouldn't recommend doing this if you have less than 2.5 hours.

​​​​​
Wow I got some of the stuff wrong but 45mn real time vs 40mn predicted to reach the lounge, and effectively 30mn in the lounge, I am quite happy about my plan!
Old Feb 4, 2020, 2:51 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Does anyone know what time the buffet items get put away? And what time they do last call at the bar?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.