Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Expired] HHonors Gold for USA Platinum Chargecard holders

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired] HHonors Gold for USA Platinum Chargecard holders

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2014, 4:38 pm

Programs: UA Plat (1mm), Marriott Titanium, HH Gold, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by DCAproducer
Amex fixed the issue. They finally got someone at Hilton who was able to correct the issue. The problem was entirely on the Hilton side. My account is now updated and shows gold.

Amex agent worked on this for nearly a week for me to get it fixed.
^ I called last year and was moved up to Gold so I'm happy. One benefit I wish Amex would keep along with SPG gold.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by DCAproducer
Amex fixed the issue. They finally got someone at Hilton who was able to correct the issue. The problem was entirely on the Hilton side. My account is now updated and shows gold.

Amex agent worked on this for nearly a week for me to get it fixed.
How are they able to prove that you signed up? I am worried they are going to say it is too late when I call in even though I had registered...I was Diamond, but dropped to Silver (thinking Gold would be a soft landing, I almost didn't call, but did anyway just in case).
Old Apr 10, 2014, 2:08 pm

Location: DTW Metro Detroit AKA The Motor City AKA Motown AKA BANKRUPT
Programs: Amex Plat, Amex Delta Reserve, Visa Black, Delta Plat FF, SPG Gold, HH Gold, TR Diamond
I just went back to Plat this year, was bummed when I found out that I no longer was able to get Hilton Gold. Luckily I was able to get Gold through my Founders Card membership.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 2:20 pm

They really need to keep this as a regular benefit.

So far I've been treated so much better at Hilton with Gold than SPG with Gold.

Maybe because HHonors has thinner ranks than SPG Golds because of Amex? </shrug>
Old Apr 15, 2014, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by Spoddy
They really need to keep this as a regular benefit.

So far I've been treated so much better at Hilton with Gold than SPG with Gold.

Maybe because HHonors has thinner ranks than SPG Golds because of Amex? </shrug>
I think it's actually because HH Gold actually has more/better published benefits than SPG Gold. @:-) HH Gold is just as easy to get with Citi Reserve, Amex Surpass, and various 4-stay challenges.

Personally, I've found what SPG lacks in published benefits they make up for in a more consistent delivery of the benefits than HH. Ends up being six and one half-dozen on the benefits so I just pick on price and property. If I can get a Westin for around the same price as a Hilton or DT, I'm taking the Westin out of personal preference almost every time.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 10:42 am

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT - 2.9MM, Lifetime AC, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Hertz Precs Crcl
Bad News...

AMEX Plat rep just told me the HHonors Gold benefit for AMEX Plat cardholders will expire 12/31/2014,and will not be renewed. She seemed sure after checking some resource. IMO, add it up to amother AMEX devaluatiuon...
Old Apr 16, 2014, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by Madison Guy
AMEX Plat rep just told me the HHonors Gold benefit for AMEX Plat cardholders will expire 12/31/2014,and will not be renewed. She seemed sure after checking some resource. IMO, add it up to amother AMEX devaluatiuon...
While that's disappointing news if true, not sure it counts as a devaluation, since it was just a one-time promo and never confirmed as a new ongoing benefit.

Losing AA/US lounges and only attempting to make it up to some random subset of cardholders - that's the big devaluation.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 2:05 pm

Location: DTW Metro Detroit AKA The Motor City AKA Motown AKA BANKRUPT
Programs: Amex Plat, Amex Delta Reserve, Visa Black, Delta Plat FF, SPG Gold, HH Gold, TR Diamond
The Hilton offer is already expired, if you did not enroll a couple months back you no longer can enroll..

I was able to get Gold through my Founders Card luckily!
Old Apr 16, 2014, 4:51 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT - 2.9MM, Lifetime AC, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Hertz Precs Crcl
Originally Posted by gooselee
While that's disappointing news if true, not sure it counts as a devaluation, since it was just a one-time promo and never confirmed as a new ongoing benefit.

Losing AA/US lounges and only attempting to make it up to some random subset of cardholders - that's the big devaluation.
True, and that exact topic was on my mind when I posted this info. So to me, it is a devaluation. As always, YMMV

The Centurion Lounge access IS a ig plus. But until they open 30-40+ more lounges like AA/US had....

Originally Posted by WatchTimes
The Hilton offer is already expired, if you did not enroll a couple months back you no longer can enroll..

I was able to get Gold through my Founders Card luckily!
Of couse it is - that's why the thread was reititled as "[Expired]" Yet, it seemed to be the most appropriate thread for this infomation.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by Madison Guy
My HH card says March 2015.

So do we know which date it is?

Edit: 2015 not 2014

Last edited by Spoddy; Apr 18, 2014 at 11:29 am
Old May 5, 2014, 9:01 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
Originally Posted by g_leyser
They replied with an email stating basically "sorry it's up to Hilton." And then it said "I hope you find this information useful."

I responded that I found the information neither useful nor acceptable. They assured me I would get HHonors Gold and that they need to live up to their end of the bargain.

We'll see what happens.
So I did get a call back from Amex about this. They connected me to HHonors to correct the problem. After a moderately lengthy hold, the agent told me she had submitted the request for HH Gold status and that I should receive it in 10 days.
I never received a call or email, but 10 days later I checked my account and it had indeed been upgraded to Gold.
I recently received my card and it says I'm Gold through March 2016
^ to Amex and Hilton for (eventually) fixing the problem.
Old Jun 13, 2014, 5:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by g_leyser
So I did get a call back from Amex about this. They connected me to HHonors to correct the problem. After a moderately lengthy hold, the agent told me she had submitted the request for HH Gold status and that I should receive it in 10 days.
I never received a call or email, but 10 days later I checked my account and it had indeed been upgraded to Gold.
I recently received my card and it says I'm Gold through March 2016
^ to Amex and Hilton for (eventually) fixing the problem.
Lucky...I've tried multiple emails and instant message chat with Hilton HHonors and AMEX Platinum and keep getting the run around...by the time my account gets upgraded to Gold, it will be time for it to expire...what a hassle
Old Nov 17, 2014, 12:02 pm

Programs: AA EXPLT, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), HHonors Gold, AMEX PLT, UA Silver, National EXC
Any rumors on if this status will continue, or another promo? Currently have Gold via the promo
Old Nov 17, 2014, 12:07 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Previously top-tier everything, now a happy free agent
Originally Posted by fotoflyer88
Any rumors on if this status will continue, or another promo? Currently have Gold via the promo
I really hope so. Hhonors Gold has actually really helped me out, personally.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 2:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by fotoflyer88
It would be nice if they did. I got the card this year a month shy of the promo- and my hhonors gold fizzled out in March.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.