Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Expired] HHonors Gold for USA Platinum Chargecard holders

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired] HHonors Gold for USA Platinum Chargecard holders

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2013, 2:26 pm

Programs: amex platinum, american advantage, united, ANA, JAP. SPG, marriott
Do you have to notify HH that you are an Amex platinum member to get the gold status or is it automatic?
Old Dec 12, 2013, 2:33 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by djrez4
From 11/1 to 12/31, Platinum members can call Amex and get upgraded to HHonors Gold for free. Must have your HHonors number available.
Originally Posted by wripro
Do you have to notify HH that you are an Amex platinum member to get the gold status or is it automatic?
It sounds as if you need to contact American Express, not Hilton.
Old Dec 12, 2013, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by wripro
You need to call Amex and ask for the HH benefit. Amex will take your HH number and then tell HH to change your status.
Old Dec 12, 2013, 3:16 pm

Programs: amex platinum, american advantage, united, ANA, JAP. SPG, marriott
Thanks.
Old Dec 12, 2013, 6:45 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
Will this Amex Plat promo work for current HH Gold members? I'll miss re-qualifying by a few nights. I want to know if this promo would take care of that for me.

(I saw a few posts about current HH Gold members, but didn't see a definitive answer on this)

I was planning to shift to Starwood next year and abandon Hilton when my Gold benefits expire.
Old Dec 12, 2013, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by DCAproducer
Will this Amex Plat promo work for current HH Gold members? I'll miss re-qualifying by a few nights. I want to know if this promo would take care of that for me.

(I saw a few posts about current HH Gold members, but didn't see a definitive answer on this)

I was planning to shift to Starwood next year and abandon Hilton when my Gold benefits expire.
It should. You also get gold with SPG with this an ex card. With the delta SPG partnership and I seeing this card pays for GE I am thinking of getting it
Old Dec 12, 2013, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by DCAproducer

I was in the exact same situation as you - about to miss Gold and planning to switch to SPG anyway. When I called Amex, the rep told me that the offer was for Gold during the 2014 membership year, ending 2/28/15, which I took to mean that it does extend current HH Gold in the same way the SPG benefit works.

However I just requal'd from the double stays promo, so I won't be able to confirm the Amex benefit next March.
Old Dec 12, 2013, 11:40 pm
Original Member

Location: Highland PArk,IL,USA -- AA Lifetime Platinum, IHG Plat, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Radisson Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I Just stayed in Double Tree Bethesda and she sid I was gold, I'm only Silver.

I see my account says gold.

I do have Amex Hilton and never called. I also have Amex Plat Business. Maybe they just did a sweep based on me having AMex Hilton.
Old Dec 13, 2013, 5:31 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by mattp1987
Has anyone tried gifting the status to someone else? I understand that you can do that with the SPG status, but I didn't have any status with them.
Originally Posted by gooselee
How did you do that with SPG? I thought it was supposed to only be for the cardholder.
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
How does someone gift SPG status??? I have a couple friends with Plat Am Ex cards that I know never use SPG.
All,
I apologize for posting the incorrect information. I was certain I'd read gifting SPG Gold that somewhere, but I can't find it now. I'll do more sleuthing this week, but for now I'm assuming I was wrong.
Old Dec 13, 2013, 10:46 am
Original Member

Programs: Lifetime Platinum Marriott
How did I miss this?

Almost missed this, glad to see the thread.

Took about a minute to get done.
Tried to use chat but they said I needed to call.

Called Customer Service - Got Representative.
She knew exactly what I was talking about.
Asked for my number.
Read some disclosures (They will share my info with hilton etc...)

Done.
Old Dec 13, 2013, 12:31 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
Just called Amex. Knew exactly what I was talking about.
She said the HHonors Gold will work similar to SPG and you should be able to be "re-apply" each year to keep the Gold status.

If this is true, this is a nice value add to the card.
Old Dec 13, 2013, 6:22 pm

Programs: DL GM, AmEx Plat, DL AmEx Plat, SPG Gold, National Exec
Great offer. I just took advantage of this as well a few days ago after seeing the thread, so now I'm HHonors Gold as well. It hasn't taken effect yet but I'm confident it will within the next few days.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just got an email from Amex that included this link:
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...m-benefit.html

T&Cs seem to indicate that this is a one-time thing. I know others have posted that they've heard differently, but this is the first time I've seen anything officially in writing. I'm personally of the mind that Amex might be testing out whether to keep HH Gold as a permanent benefit, so these T&Cs are their way out if they choose not to keep it.

To learn more about your existing Platinum Card benefits please visit americanexpress.com/platinum, or to learn more about your existing Business Platinum Card benefits please visit open.com/businessplatinum.

1. To enroll in this offer to receive Hilton HHonors Gold Status, Platinum Card® Members from American Express must call the number on the back of their Card between November 1 and December 31, 2013. Card Members who enroll during this period will receive HHonors Gold status from their date of enrollment until December 31, 2014. After that, standard HHonors program requirements must be met to maintain HHonors Gold status. This offer is only available to U.S. Platinum Card Members and Business Platinum Card Members and is not transferrable.

2. Full details of HHonors Gold status will be mailed upon attaining the status. My Way On-property benefits vary by hotel brand and are subject to availability. Complimentary room upgrades at check-in vary by type of hotel and are subject to availability. Late check-out is subject to availability. Resort Fee Policy: In-Room High-Speed Internet Access, Fitness Center, Health Club Access, In-Room Movie and Bottled Water benefits may not be complimentary at properties with a resort charge. To learn more and for full details regarding HHonors Gold status, visit HHonors.com/MemberBenefits. Please allow 6-8 weeks to receive your HHonors Gold membership card. HHonors Bonus Points do not count toward elite tier qualification.

This offer may be terminated without notice. American Express reserves the right to instruct Hilton HHonors to cancel your HHonors Gold status membership if you cease to be a Platinum Card Member. All American Express terms and conditions apply.

Hilton HHonors™ membership, earning of Points & Miles and redemption of Points are subject to HHonors Terms and Conditions.

©2013 Hilton Worldwide.
©2013 American Express. All rights reserved
Old Dec 17, 2013, 10:49 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Card Members who enroll during this period will receive HHonors Gold status from their date of enrollment until December 31, 2014. After that, standard HHonors program requirements must be met to maintain HHonors Gold status.
HHonors status normally expires in February?

Originally Posted by gooselee
Amex might be testing out whether to keep HH Gold as a permanent benefit, so these T&Cs are their way out if they choose not to keep it.
Perhaps. I believe they recently removed HHonors Gold from the UK Platinum Card, and Citi removed it (without notice) from the Citi Prestige Card.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

interesting you have to call plat card instead of having online registration

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.