Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Expired] HHonors Gold for USA Platinum Chargecard holders

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2014, 9:43 pm

Programs: Jose Cuervo Gold, Bud Light Platinum, Schwab 401K, VW Bug 2MM
for the love of god can we lock this thread? maybe that'll stop people from calling. and commenting
Old Jan 9, 2014, 3:56 pm

Programs: BA Avios, UA MP, AA, Choice, Club Carlson
Actually an awesome CS agent called me a few hours after I made the call and got the "expired speech" and she said she spoke to her Supervisor could upgrade me to Gold if I still was interested for being a loyal customer after a review of my account. Didn't expect that.

She said they made the exception for being a loyal customer for 3 decades. Maybe they were scared to lose a customer after all the devaluations?

Thanks AMEX! That's going above and beyond. I am not advocating to call them if youre a churner or dont have a long relationship with them. The offer is expired but honestly with AMEX it looks like they value relationships if you have a long term one with them not hard and fast expiration dates.

Logged into Hilton account and indeed I'm Gold now. She had to call Hilton to manually upgrade the account as the page they used before wasn't even pulling up anymore. Went above and beyond. But still with 450/year after losing so many benefits though - I'm not sure, but they do make it hard for you to say they are not CS friendly.

Last edited by mrkymark; Jan 9, 2014 at 4:18 pm
Old Jan 10, 2014, 8:59 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC, Global Entry, CLEAR
As with everything though, YMMV...
Old Mar 1, 2014, 5:20 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum

I was HH Diamond in 2013 but didn't requalify. (Only stayed enough for Silver for 2014). So when this promo was announced I signed up hoping I would soft land to Gold.
I just received a silver card in the mail. :-(. But my online account still shows Diamond.

Anyone else in the same boat?
Old Mar 2, 2014, 4:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, Avis Select, MHC, Amex Plat
Although I signed up in November and again reconfirmed with Amex in December, my HH status is still at Silver. Amex says the issue is with HH. This is their latest reply:

Dear Mr. XXXX,

Thank you for your recent correspondence regarding your American Express expenditures and receiving your Gold status.

American Express members receiving the promotion offer, must call the number on the back of their Card between November 1 and December 31, 2013. Card Members who enroll during this period will receive HHonors Gold status from their date of enrollment until December 31, 2014. After that, standard HHonors program requirements must be met to maintain HHonors Gold status.

This process can take 6-8 weeks to receive HHonors Gold status. Please allow this time for us to receive the necessary documentation from AMEX and to update your account accordingly.

Should you have any additional questions or concerns please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Sincerely,

Sandra O.
Hilton Worldwide

Well it had nothing to do with expenditures so I'm not sure we're on the right track.

I replied:

Sandra

I enrolled in November 2013 with AMEX for the promotion so as you can see it has been more than 6-8 weeks.

Still waiting for their answer, does anyone have any thoughts?
Old Mar 2, 2014, 6:02 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Glad I'm not the only one. Please post the reply from Amex when you get it.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 7:45 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
I also signed up for this promotion before Dec 31. It does not appear to have worked.

I'm also having an issue with HHonors in general, I should have requalified on stays, but today a silver card showed up.

Anyone else get a response from AMEX or HHonors?
Old Mar 25, 2014, 9:04 pm

Programs: DL 2MM PM;VSGld;EKGld; HilDia; HrtzPC; AvisPC; PP; AmbPlt; JumeiGld; MeliaPlt; TajPlt; ShangriDia
Originally Posted by DCAproducer
I also signed up for this promotion before Dec 31. It does not appear to have worked.

I'm also having an issue with HHonors in general, I should have requalified on stays, but today a silver card showed up.

Anyone else get a response from AMEX or HHonors?
Sorry to hear. I seem to have had good luck, although I always prefer to call in for fear that an online registration will not work. In my case, I already have Diamond status with my non-US AMEX account, but I called in around December 30 for the three additional card holders on my US Plat account and they all received gold status upgrades and cards for their individual HHonors accounts.
Old Mar 26, 2014, 5:34 am

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
Originally Posted by LAXRuss
Sorry to hear. I seem to have had good luck, although I always prefer to call in for fear that an online registration will not work. In my case, I already have Diamond status with my non-US AMEX account, but I called in around December 30 for the three additional card holders on my US Plat account and they all received gold status upgrades and cards for their individual HHonors accounts.
I actually did call and talk to AMEX to sign up. I'm waiting to hear what HHonors says. If I need to, I'll then call AMEX.

They should just try to make it an annual benefit like SPG to make up for all of the other lost benefits of the Plat Card.
Old Apr 1, 2014, 12:11 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Today I received an HHonors Gold card which expires March 2016. The mailer says, "With your new Citi Chairman Card, you've automatically earned Gold status within HHonors." This was true, but when Citi Chairman morphed into Citi Prestige this benefit was quietly eliminated (confirmed by Prestige customer service), and it was always awarded for one program year at a time.

I did call American Express to request extension of the status when this offer was alive. I don't know if Citi decided to go one more year, and Hilton stacked that with a year from American Express, or if there is some other explanation. It will be interesting to see if the status still shows on hhonors.com a year from now.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 12:49 pm

So just heard back from Amex. They took four days to investigate the issue. The said I did sign up on time and that I was eligible, but Hilton is telling them no. They are still trying to figure out why.

For the inconvenience they gave me 15,000 MR points. I didn't ask for them, they offered them.

The Amex agent told me I wasn't the only one having this problem and their supervisor was trying to work with Hilton to get it corrected.

Anyone else experience this issue?
Old Apr 2, 2014, 1:12 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Originally Posted by DCAproducer
So just heard back from Amex. They took four days to investigate the issue. The said I did sign up on time and that I was eligible, but Hilton is telling them no. They are still trying to figure out why.

For the inconvenience they gave me 15,000 MR points. I didn't ask for them, they offered them.

The Amex agent told me I wasn't the only one having this problem and their supervisor was trying to work with Hilton to get it corrected.

Anyone else experience this issue?
Yes.
Just "left a message" with Amex as all of their online chat agents are busy.

Will post here when I receive a reply.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by g_leyser
Yes.

Oof. Makes me glad I requal'd with stays after that late-year double-stay promo. Hope y'all get it figured out.
Old Apr 3, 2014, 3:50 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Originally Posted by g_leyser
Yes.

They replied with an email stating basically "sorry it's up to Hilton." And then it said "I hope you find this information useful."

I responded that I found the information neither useful nor acceptable. They assured me I would get HHonors Gold and that they need to live up to their end of the bargain.

We'll see what happens.
Old Apr 3, 2014, 7:11 pm

Amex fixed the issue. They finally got someone at Hilton who was able to correct the issue. The problem was entirely on the Hilton side. My account is now updated and shows gold.

Amex agent worked on this for nearly a week for me to get it fixed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.