Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Expired] HHonors Gold for USA Platinum Chargecard holders

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired] HHonors Gold for USA Platinum Chargecard holders

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2013, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
interesting you have to call plat card instead of having online registration
Not necessarily. You also have to call in to secure SPG Gold (and to get PP for add'l cardholders, IIRC).
Old Dec 18, 2013, 11:39 am

Thanks for posting. Took about 4 days for status to change.

Account now says I am 100K base points away from Diamond. Could I transfer 50K membership rewards points via the current Amex/Hilton transfer promotion to obtain Diamond for next year?

Any Diamond members here? Do you get an upgrade every stay or is it hit or miss?

Thanks
Old Dec 18, 2013, 11:49 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by amexman
...Could I transfer 50K membership rewards points via the current Amex/Hilton transfer promotion to obtain Diamond for next year?
Transferred points are not base points and do not count toward status.
Old Dec 19, 2013, 6:09 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Previously top-tier everything, now a happy free agent
I don't know if this has been posted yet, but FWIW, AMEX now has a published page describing the benefits.

It was linked in a holiday themed emailed I received today, wanting me to "use the Concierge for holiday gifts."

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...k&om_lid=z21u2
Old Dec 19, 2013, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by bj27
I don't know if this has been posted yet...
Just six posts ago...
Old Dec 20, 2013, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by mia
Transferred points are not base points and do not count toward status.
Thanks Mia
Old Dec 20, 2013, 11:07 am

Programs: DL 2MM PM;VSGld;EKGld; HilDia; HrtzPC; AvisPC; PP; AmbPlt; JumeiGld; MeliaPlt; TajPlt; ShangriDia
Originally Posted by amexman
Thanks for posting. Took about 4 days for status to change.

Account now says I am 100K base points away from Diamond. Could I transfer 50K membership rewards points via the current Amex/Hilton transfer promotion to obtain Diamond for next year?

Any Diamond members here? Do you get an upgrade every stay or is it hit or miss?

Thanks
I've been Diamond for a couple years. Best benefit for me at that level is concierge lounge access whether or not you are upgraded to the concierge floor. Others may have had different experiences but regarding upgrades, I see that as a negligible benefit. I've never been upgraded to a suite (although I understand suite upgrades are not part of Hilton's program). So basically, my upgrades are those intangible issues--higher floor, better location or view etc. Sometimes the e-upgrade option will allow consideration for a suite upgrade for additional money but then I feel like I am throwing away my Diamond upgrade benefit if I offer to pay for an e-upgrade to receive a room that they might otherwise have assigned me based on hotel occupancy etc.

I think the big leg up is from silver to gold and that the US AMEX Plat offer for that status is extremely beneficial. I think going from Gold to Diamond makes less of a difference other than lounge access, but I'd be curious to hear from others in other discussion threads if they have found ways to benefit with upgrades as a Diamond or find the e-upgrade program useful. Tonight I booked a suite in New Orleans so will be curious what if any upgrade benefit I might receive when I check in, as I usually don't choose to pay for suites with Hilton.
Old Dec 20, 2013, 12:54 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
Interesting situation for me...

I am a HH Diamond, but will only requalify for Silver this year.

My Diamond Status expires in Feb. 2014, correct?

But to take advantage of this offer, I need to call Amex by end of year.

So, will my Diamond Status change to Gold for the first two months of the year?
Old Dec 21, 2013, 4:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
Originally Posted by g_leyser
I am a HH Diamond, but will only requalify for Silver this year.

My Diamond Status expires in Feb. 2014, correct?

But to take advantage of this offer, I need to call Amex by end of year.

So, will my Diamond Status change to Gold for the first two months of the year?
I believe the Gold status through AMEX will be valid till at least Dec 31 2014.
Old Dec 21, 2013, 5:06 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
Originally Posted by gv111
I believe the Gold status through AMEX will be valid till at least Dec 31 2014.
Absolutely - I understand that.

What I meant was: If I sign up for this offer, will it trump the Diamond status I already have through Feb 2014?
Old Dec 21, 2013, 6:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
Originally Posted by g_leyser
Absolutely - I understand that.

What I meant was: If I sign up for this offer, will it trump the Diamond status I already have through Feb 2014?
Not sure of that one. Since HH Gold status offer via AMEX must be applied by Dec 31 2013, u are better off getting it soon. Even if it trumps your Diamond status for 2 months, IMHO it is worth it. There is not much difference between HH Gold and Diamond status anyway. And complimentary status through AMEX may not expire even though they say it will. YMMV!

Last edited by gv111; Dec 21, 2013 at 7:48 pm
Old Dec 28, 2013, 1:45 pm

Has anyone actually received their welcome kit yet? Called for Gold in early november, nothing yet?
Old Dec 29, 2013, 7:01 am

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
Has anyone seen the expiration of their Gold status extended on the HHonors website? Status is currently not showing at all right now as Hilton preps for end of the year.

I'm an existing Gold and I called Amex to take advantage of this for next year since I'll miss Gold by a few nights. They told me the status will definitely work even though I'm already gold, but I haven't seem any change on HHonors.com.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 10:22 am

Programs: Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by tigerhunt2011
Has anyone actually received their welcome kit yet? Called for Gold in early november, nothing yet?
You have to order it online. I recieved mine.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by tomcat007
You have to order it online. I recieved mine.
Interesting. I'll have to do that. My status has been updated for a while online but I haven't seen anything via mail. Thanks for the tip!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.