Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Expired] HHonors Gold for USA Platinum Chargecard holders

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired] HHonors Gold for USA Platinum Chargecard holders

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2013, 5:52 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
I have heard that the Canadian Centurion AMEX card (and presumably the US version as well) gives the cardholder Diamond HHonors status.

I am wondering whether this 2 month promo for the Canadian and US Platinum cardholders will ultimately become a permanent benefit feature of the Platinum card.
Old Nov 4, 2013, 5:59 pm

Programs: EMT-P
Originally Posted by djrez4
Heard from an Amex employee: From 11/1 to 12/31, Platinum members can call Amex and get upgraded to HHonors Gold for free. Must have your HHonors number available.
I wasn't even registered in the HHonors program but signed up online and then called AMEX 5 minutes later. The always helpful AMEX rep took care of everything in a few minutes.

Thanks for the tip djrez4!
Old Nov 4, 2013, 6:02 pm

Programs: AA EX PLT, AS MVPG, AR PLT,SPG GOLD
I got upgraded after being put on hold several times I guess the employee hadn't gotten the memo and I was the first call he's gotten. Save me from upgrading to the surpass card just for the gold benefit.
Old Nov 4, 2013, 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
I have heard that the Canadian Centurion AMEX card (and presumably the US version as well) gives the cardholder Diamond HHonors status.

I am wondering whether this 2 month promo for the Canadian and US Platinum cardholders will ultimately become a permanent benefit feature of the Platinum card.
Maybe it will if they lose another lounge partner
Old Nov 4, 2013, 6:47 pm

I called in and the rep knew what it was and got the status...i also asked them if this is a one time promotion or ongoing...the rep said as long as you have the plat card you have the status...

thanks for the tip !!
Old Nov 4, 2013, 9:20 pm

Programs: US Gold, Avis First, AMEX Plat, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Done! Sweet!
Old Nov 4, 2013, 9:39 pm

Called in and got a friendly agent who asked for my HHonors number. Said it might take a while to process on my account though. Would be nice if this is a new Plat benefit
Old Nov 5, 2013, 4:00 am

Programs: HH D,CC,SPG,AZ: Gold;BA Silver, TK Elite
Any info on whether this is valid for Uk Plat customers?
Old Nov 5, 2013, 6:44 am

Programs: PC Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold,HHonors Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
I called yesterday afternoon and was done in two minutes. The rep I talked to said that everyone was calling into get this done and was wondering how I heard about it.

I have not stayed at many Hiltons this year so this will help keep my gold
Old Nov 5, 2013, 7:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by ktremor
I called yesterday afternoon and was done in two minutes.
Same here. I just called the # of the back of my card, rep knew immediately about the offer, took my information, then she read a disclaimer that I had to acknowledge (e.g., AMEX/HHonors send me email marketing materials..) and done. She also noted it could take 7 - 10 days to be reflected in my account.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 8:00 am

called yesterday and got the benefit but it is not live, rep stated that it would take a few days to update in HH system & card would arrive in a few weeks.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 8:03 am

Programs: Nexus
Originally Posted by Want2Fly4ever
It's good on Canadian Personal and Business Platinum cards, but not on the Corporate Platinum card. Just called.
Originally Posted by MichaelJFK
Just called (U.S. Platinum line) and it took all of two minutes to get the status upgrade entered. Nice! Agent said it was a new benefit. Fingers crossed it becomes an annual benefit beyond 2014.
Any luck once agent did his research? My Canadian Amex agent knows nothing about this and is having trouble finding confirmation.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 8:06 am

Programs: AC, CX Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by cmgalan
Any luck once agent did his research? My Canadian Amex agent knows nothing about this and is having trouble finding confirmation.
One of the posters on RFD called in regarding the Canadian Plat and got the following reply from Amex:

I just called. The CSR told me it's not available yet for Cdn Plat Amex. He confirmed that it is now available to U.S. Plat cardmembers and that it will be available to Cdn's. He said wait for an announcement soon.
Hopefully it's true and us Canadians get it soon too!
Old Nov 5, 2013, 8:43 am

I called AMEX Canada as well, no go

She checked for me, saying it's only a trial for USA Platinum for now till 12/31/2013
And if that turns out great, it'll most likely open up to CANADIAN Platinum as well
Old Nov 5, 2013, 8:53 am

Programs: IHG Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by jordandawg05
I called in and the rep knew what it was and got the status...i also asked them if this is a one time promotion or ongoing...the rep said as long as you have the plat card you have the status...

thanks for the tip !!
Interesting. My rep said that it was only through 2014, unless Hilton decided to extend it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.