Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Airline fee $250/$200/$100 reimbursement reports: AS only (2011-2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 17, 2014, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: VegasGambler
Reminder: you must enroll and select AS as your airline BEFORE making a reimbursable purchase. Click HERE to enroll.
As of June 2017 gift certificates are no longer reimbursed. Link to buy gift certicates

According to this thread in the Alaska forum the reimbursement of Alaska Club memberships is no longer a problem. To see how much of your annual credit you've used, log in to AmEx, select the card in question, choose "Membership->Benefits" off the menu bar, scroll down to see the travel credit benefit. (with thanks to Lumpylump76)

Tickets cancelled within 24 hours are refunded back to the card used for the purchase. Tickets for travel dates > 60 days out can be deposited to your wallet when cancelled (this has not been true for some time). Change fees may apply depending on your status. Change fees are waived for MVP Gold and MVP Gold 75k members according to this page: https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...ID:MileagePlan (expand "service benefits" towards the bottom of the page). The wallet funds will expire one year after the issue date of the original ticket.
Print Wikipost

Airline fee $250/$200/$100 reimbursement reports: AS only (2011-2019)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2015, 5:46 pm

Can a purchased gift certificate be used towards baggage fees? The terms and conditions for the gift certificate do not seem to specifically forbid this:
Originally Posted by gift certificate
Alaska Airlines gift certificates may only be redeemed for new ticket purchases and cannot be applied towards service fees, or additional fare for exchanged or partially used tickets.
This is unlike the terms of the credit certificate, where it is expressly forbidden:

Originally Posted by credit certificate

Credit Certificates may be applied online towards the fare, plus applicable taxes and government-imposed fees, on any new ticket. Service charges, change fees, and checked baggage charges must be paid for with another form of payment.
Tried searching both in this thread and on the Alaska board, to no avail. Thanks
Old Aug 26, 2015, 2:39 am

It seems as though gift cards are still getting reimbursed, but I can't seem to find how many gift cards one is able to use on a single ticket. Any help?

Thanks.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 12:39 am

you can use up to four gift cards on a single ticket. from their website:

Can I transfer the balance of a gift certificate to another gift certificate?

No. Gift certificates cannot be combined. You may use up to four gift certificates when purchasing a new flight reservation on alaskaair.com. If you have a My Account profile on alaskaair.com, you may also deposit an unlimited number of gift certificates into your My Wallet.

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/gi...icate-faq.aspx
Old Aug 29, 2015, 11:30 am

I purchased a $50 AS gift card on 8/15. I called today (8/29) to find out why it hasn't been credited yet. It seems like they've caught on that it was a gift card. It shows up on my statement as ALASKA AIR GIFT CERTSEATTLE WA.

Is it still working for others?
Old Aug 29, 2015, 10:34 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75k
Originally Posted by danpeake
It seems as though gift cards are still getting reimbursed, but I can't seem to find how many gift cards one is able to use on a single ticket. Any help?

Thanks.
AFAIK you can combine an unlimited number of gift cards by first depositing them into "My Wallet" after signing into your Alaska Mileage Plan account. Your "My Wallet" funds can then be used for any ticket purchase made on alaskaair.com.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 9:11 am

Programs: Northwest, United
Originally Posted by scareya
I purchased a $50 AS gift card on 8/15. I called today (8/29) to find out why it hasn't been credited yet. It seems like they've caught on that it was a gift card. It shows up on my statement as ALASKA AIR GIFT CERTSEATTLE WA.

Is it still working for others?
Any other recent data points on this?
Old Sep 3, 2015, 4:32 pm

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by nwflyboy
Any other recent data points on this?
Agree that more data points would be helpful. We just picked up a Plat card in the recent 100K promo, and would be good to know it works before choosing AS. Seems risky.

On FURTHER review(Sept.10) of the AA thread, looks like this might be a systems issue and that nothing is getting reimbursed.

Last edited by Ripper3785; Sep 10, 2015 at 6:57 pm Reason: latest read of AA thread
Old Sep 3, 2015, 9:45 pm

Purchased 2 x $100 AS certs on August 26th and have not yet been reimbursed. Was using my Amex Personal Platinum. Will update if reimbursement goes through eventually.
Old Sep 6, 2015, 11:50 am

Programs: cnb reward for travel/gas/restaurant/grocery
Originally Posted by RobertoP
Purchased 2 x $100 AS certs on August 26th and have not yet been reimbursed. Was using my Amex Personal Platinum. Will update if reimbursement goes through eventually.
Any thing get reimbursed ?
Old Sep 7, 2015, 7:55 pm

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
I didn't see anything in the T&C's saying the credit could not be used to buy an annual lounge membership. Did I miss something?
Old Sep 8, 2015, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by thomasmessi
I got a single $50 on Aug 29th - still nothing reimbursed for me.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by thomasmessi
I did the same purchase (2x100) with the Personal Platinum and still no reimbursement.
Old Sep 10, 2015, 9:57 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
It appears using gift certificates for award taxes/fees at checkout is an option, but wanted to see if anyone can confirm in practice?
Old Sep 11, 2015, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by frudd38
It appears using gift certificates for award taxes/fees at checkout is an option, but wanted to see if anyone can confirm in practice?
I've never used gift cards directly but anything deposited in your 'wallet' shows up at checkout. I've used it for taxes/fees on a companion fare several times.
Old Sep 11, 2015, 3:49 pm

Purchased 1x $50 on 9/2. No reimbursement either

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.