Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Mercedes Benz AMEX co-branded cards, [discontinued January 2019].

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 29, 2016, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: krazykanuck
Existing Benz Platinum cards will be converted to regular Platinum cards on Jan. 11, 2019 per a letter sent to all cardholders.

The Platinum Card from American Express Exclusively for Mercedes-Benz

60,000 Membership Rewards points after you spend $5,000 in purchases in the first three months
$550 Annual Fee, not waived

https://www262.americanexpress.com/dapply/partner/preacq/mbz/mbz-019/carddetails#/cshop
__________________________________________________ _____________

[EXPIRED]75K special offer:

https://www262.americanexpress.com/a...card/012/16580

See published restrictions below. #1 is enforced. #2 is not:
  1. Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have or have had this product.
  2. This offer is not valid for existing Platinum Card Members from American Express. You are eligible to receive points for only one Card account.
Print Wikipost

Mercedes Benz AMEX co-branded cards, [discontinued January 2019].

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2012, 10:25 am
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
Originally Posted by steventravel
Does the Mercedes Benz card come with the exact same benefits as the Platinum card if you get that version.

The benefits I am looking forward to is the $200 airline incidentals, and the Global Entry.

Can anyone clarify?
Yes, it comes with the same benefits. The annual fees is slightly higher - $475 vs. $450 for the regular.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 12:43 am

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Applied tonight for an AMEX MB Plat card for 50K points for $1K spend. Was approved immediately with an additional user (will add 2 more soon).

$475 fee is only $25 incremental, and it makes sense since the regular Plat has a $3K spend, so that's $2K I can put to other cards. Also, we have a MB in the family, so I guess free accessories/stuff for that is worth it.

Can't wait to have this card in the wallet. Airline lounges are one thing, I want STAPLES CENTER lounge access .
Old Nov 30, 2012, 6:01 am

Programs: many
Originally Posted by amolkold
Applied tonight for an AMEX MB Plat card for 50K points for $1K spend. Was approved immediately with an additional user (will add 2 more soon).

$475 fee is only $25 incremental, and it makes sense since the regular Plat has a $3K spend, so that's $2K I can put to other cards. Also, we have a MB in the family, so I guess free accessories/stuff for that is worth it.

Can't wait to have this card in the wallet. Airline lounges are one thing, I want STAPLES CENTER lounge access .
What other current amex cards do you have if you dont mind? Looking to see what options might different than the sign up terms for pre-existing cardholders. Thanks
Old Nov 30, 2012, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by gv111
Yes, it comes with the same benefits. The annual fees is slightly higher - $475 vs. $450 for the regular.
Does this card also get you SPG gold? The amex website has the benefit mentioned for the regular plat card but nothing for the MB version. TIA
Old Nov 30, 2012, 11:50 am

Programs: SPG PLAT, AA Plat (2MM), BA, UA/CO
Global Entry Questions

Has anyone with the MB card been reimbursed recently for Global Entry? How long does it take?

Also, is it correct that I can get reimbursed for a second Global Entry fee (e.g. for spouse) next calendar year?

Thanks in advance.

xlax
Old Nov 30, 2012, 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by yannix
Does this card also get you SPG gold? The amex website has the benefit mentioned for the regular plat card but nothing for the MB version. TIA
Yes - I got SPG Gold about two weeks ago with the MB card.
Old Dec 4, 2012, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by pcharles
What other current amex cards do you have if you dont mind? Looking to see what options might different than the sign up terms for pre-existing cardholders. Thanks
Sorry for the delay, I'm actually an AU on this AMEX Plat. The cardholder in question has a DL Amex personal plat and a Biz Gold Open card. Personal accounts dating back to the 1990s.
Old Dec 8, 2012, 8:30 pm

Does anyone know if you can upgrade to a MB branded platinum instead of a regular platinum? I currently have a Premier rewards gold
Old Dec 9, 2012, 11:09 am

Programs: ALL :)
Originally Posted by Detailingdoc
Does anyone know if you can upgrade to a MB branded platinum instead of a regular platinum? I currently have a Premier rewards gold
I have received offers from AMEX to upgrade my card in the past and give me a 25,000 bonus. They just do a card program conversion instead of a credit hit and new account opening. If you do this you would not be eligible for a new account opening bonus on the Platinum though.
Old Dec 9, 2012, 4:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
Originally Posted by Detailingdoc
I believe it is just regular Platinum. However once u get it (hopefully with an upgrade bonus), u may call AMEX and see if they might switch u to a MB Plat card.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 2:09 am

FWIW, I got the $100 GE reimbursement on my MB Plat Amex as well as the $200 airline credit. So those bennies still do exist for the MB branded one.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 1:40 pm

Programs: SPG PLAT, AA Plat (2MM), BA, UA/CO
Originally Posted by amolkold
FWIW, I got the $100 GE reimbursement on my MB Plat Amex as well as the $200 airline credit. So those bennies still do exist for the MB branded one.
+1
Old Dec 13, 2012, 1:51 am

Programs: Once upon a time...
Just got the MB certificate in the mail. Is there any rule against selling it on eBay? If there is, any recommendations of what I can buy that might have resale value? I'm an Acura guy.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 9:55 am

I applied for this card Tuesday night, instant approval. I currently have the regular AmEx platinum. They expedited the card, it arrived yesterday. Two year's worth of airline credits as well as the 50,000MR bonus - well worth the $475 fee.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by veeRob
Just got the MB certificate in the mail. Is there any rule against selling it on eBay? If there is, any recommendations of what I can buy that might have resale value? I'm an Acura guy.
I ruled out the eBay option based on the fact my name is on the certificate. I have started asking MB owners at work if they are interested - first one wasn't interested - but if I get a taker the person can pick something out at the dealer and I can go get it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.