Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Mercedes Benz AMEX co-branded cards, [discontinued January 2019].

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 29, 2016, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: krazykanuck
Existing Benz Platinum cards will be converted to regular Platinum cards on Jan. 11, 2019 per a letter sent to all cardholders.

The Platinum Card from American Express Exclusively for Mercedes-Benz

60,000 Membership Rewards points after you spend $5,000 in purchases in the first three months
$550 Annual Fee, not waived

https://www262.americanexpress.com/dapply/partner/preacq/mbz/mbz-019/carddetails#/cshop
__________________________________________________ _____________

[EXPIRED]75K special offer:

https://www262.americanexpress.com/a...card/012/16580

See published restrictions below. #1 is enforced. #2 is not:
  1. Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have or have had this product.
  2. This offer is not valid for existing Platinum Card Members from American Express. You are eligible to receive points for only one Card account.
Print Wikipost

Mercedes Benz AMEX co-branded cards, [discontinued January 2019].

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2012, 8:03 am

Programs: AA UA DL AS CXDM JL NH Hilton Hyatt Marriott SPG IHG
Originally Posted by londonfin
I have had the personal plat for some time. Buying a MB so applied for (over the phone) and received the MB Plat personal card. Currently have both. Will plan to cancel the "old" one and keep the MB one. No problem getting both at same time.
So did you get the 50000 bonus MR points for MB Plat?
Old Jan 7, 2012, 11:18 am

Programs: WN A-list & CP, Delta GM
Same question here.
Originally Posted by AmexCent
Old Jan 8, 2012, 7:58 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Citi Chairman, DL, AA, CO, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, VS, MC, Discover
Just received the card last week and used it to make the initial qualifying purchase on Thursday. I was assured I would receive the bonus but it has not hit yet. WIll advise when it does.
Old Jan 9, 2012, 9:29 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Citi Chairman, DL, AA, CO, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, VS, MC, Discover
$1,000 spending reached last week.......50,000 Miles posted today
Old Jan 10, 2012, 7:57 am

Programs: AA UA DL AS CXDM JL NH Hilton Hyatt Marriott SPG IHG
Good! So no need to cancel the reg Plat before applying.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 8:36 pm

Good! So no need to cancel the reg Plat before applying.
Correct. I still have both and plan to use my $200 airline fee reimbursement before I cancel the non-MB card.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 10:55 pm

Programs: WN A-list & CP, Delta GM
Great to know!

Old Jan 15, 2012, 7:43 pm

Just as a data point....

Card arrived last week in December....Charged over $5k first week of January....50,000 MR points showed up within 4 days of charge....Both MB certificates ($1,000 and $100) arrived over this weekend.

May everything go so smoothly!^
Old Jan 15, 2012, 9:12 pm

Just finished reading through this thread... While it appears that people have received the initial spend 50k bonus on the MB Plat while already having the Amex Plat (whether canceled or not), has anyone received bonuses on both recently? I only recently (within last year) got the regular Plat and got the sign up bonus and would like to get 50k more MR points by getting the MB Plat and spending $1k...
Old Jan 16, 2012, 7:14 am

Programs: many
Originally Posted by andysiz
Just finished reading through this thread... While it appears that people have received the initial spend 50k bonus on the MB Plat while already having the Amex Plat (whether canceled or not), has anyone received bonuses on both recently? I only recently (within last year) got the regular Plat and got the sign up bonus and would like to get 50k more MR points by getting the MB Plat and spending $1k...
Yes, it seems clear, having the regular Amex Plat with a sign up bonus does not inhibit you from getting the MBenz Amex Plat with its sign up bonus.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by pcharles
Yes, it seems clear, having the regular Amex Plat with a sign up bonus does not inhibit you from getting the MBenz Amex Plat with its sign up bonus.
Thanks. Just wanted to be sure. I know, many have reported that Amex cards and the concomitant sign-up bonuses are somewhat "churnable" based on a much longer cycle -- something closer to 2+ years (I've read about that re: Delta co-branded cards and Starwood card).

The posts here aren't completely clear how recently the poster applied for and received the regular Plat card. In fact, @londonfin reported that he "had the personal plat for some time" before getting the MB Plat + bonus. I was worried that the long churn factor might be confounding the issue.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 4:03 pm

Unhappy

I know very bad to be a first time post and have it be negative. I understand... However, I have jumped through all the hoops to get my card, charge the right amount, get my certificate, and happen to be buying a car in the next 12 months. I'm now being told that they will not accept the certificate because I negotiated on the price of the car. So unless all you want to save on the car is $1000 then it's worthless.

I'm very curious if anyone else has had this problem. I've tried contacting everyone I can and all I get is sent in a loop from MBUSA to AMEX. I don't see how this could be an AMEX issue, they got the certificate to me. I just want MBUSA to do the right thing and take care of their repeat customer.

Any thoughts? I really don't mean to troll I've made every attempt I could to get this resolved privately. Very frustrating that in the end it's so restricted on use and then worthless when you do try to use it.

Last edited by Dogtown; Jan 18, 2012 at 4:09 pm Reason: auto correct, corrections
Old Jan 18, 2012, 4:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
Originally Posted by Dogtown
Any thoughts? I really don't mean to troll I've made every attempt I could to get this resolved privately. Very frustrating that in the end it's so restricted on use and then worthless when you do try to use it.
Don't you have any other dealer in town or nearby? You may want to try it. if you tell your story, they might go to an extra length to do get your business.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 4:20 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Dogtown
...will not accept the certificate because I negotiated on the price of the car.
Welcome to Flyertalk. Scroll back to post 122 to see that this is not accurate. In any event it doesn't matter what they "tell" you, what do the printed terms of the certificate say?
Old Jan 18, 2012, 4:52 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime ExecPlat, LH HON Circle, SQ PPS Solitaire, Hyatt Courtesy Card
Originally Posted by mia
Welcome to Flyertalk. Scroll back to post 122 to see that this is not accurate. In any event it doesn't matter what they "tell" you, what do the printed terms of the certificate say?
Yes - see my post 122 above. And I can confirm the CERT itself says to negotiate your best deal then present it! Are you sure you are at an authorized MB dealership and not some third party dealership? I would go to a different dealer if so (and report the dealer in question to MBUSA).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.