Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Mercedes Benz AMEX co-branded cards, [discontinued January 2019].

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 29, 2016, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: krazykanuck
Existing Benz Platinum cards will be converted to regular Platinum cards on Jan. 11, 2019 per a letter sent to all cardholders.

The Platinum Card from American Express Exclusively for Mercedes-Benz

60,000 Membership Rewards points after you spend $5,000 in purchases in the first three months
$550 Annual Fee, not waived

https://www262.americanexpress.com/dapply/partner/preacq/mbz/mbz-019/carddetails#/cshop
__________________________________________________ _____________

[EXPIRED]75K special offer:

https://www262.americanexpress.com/a...card/012/16580

See published restrictions below. #1 is enforced. #2 is not:
  1. Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have or have had this product.
  2. This offer is not valid for existing Platinum Card Members from American Express. You are eligible to receive points for only one Card account.
Print Wikipost

Mercedes Benz AMEX co-branded cards, [discontinued January 2019].

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2012, 3:35 pm

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by flyertea
can anybody send me a link of a benz biz card?
by the way, i I have had the regular personal platinum card, can i still get the benz personal platinum and the 50k points?
yes you can
Old Oct 12, 2012, 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by gavman
i think the offer is dead
Weird. The ad-copy still indicates the offer, but the link appears to be dead.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 1:22 pm
Community Director Emerita

A word of caution for others: the $100 rebate is meant to be used on accessories and not parts. Fortunately for us, all is well that ends well. We were allowed to use the credit on parts because we were told we could when my husband ordered them.

A bit longer explanation: I'm the family member who plays the mileage game. I get the credit cards and my husband very agreeably uses them as I request. We got the $100 check from Mercedes to be used at Mercedes. My husband took it in and ordered some parts that were needed for our car. He showed the cert and the agent said of course they would honor it. Fast forward to this week. He returned to pick up the parts and a different agent denied use of the cert. He went higher up the food chain and the manager honored the word of the initial agent. The cert would have been of no value to us if we had been required to use it on an accessory. It would have changed my valuation for the card if I had understood this term when I chose the card.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 4:54 pm

Programs: A few
I just used my cert to buy a nice cycling shirt before it expired. card is now canceled to be put on the platinum churn list
Old Oct 24, 2012, 7:16 am

Programs: AA Plat, Delta Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver
I was able to do this about 3 weeks ago. The link in the OP is dead, but if you go to the Mercedes Benz Financial Services website (http://mbfs.com/mbfsr/en/misc/index.do) you should be able to get to it from there. If I remember correctly from the MBFS front page you click on one of the credit card mentions towards the bottom and you'll get an option for both cards after that.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 7:28 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by snuggliestbear
...you'll get an option for both cards after that.
Note that the application opens in a pop-up which your browser is likely to block. Here is a direct link to the Platinum application:

https://www304.americanexpress.com/p...ard/20144-10-0
Old Nov 25, 2012, 5:09 pm

Rapid cancelation possible?

This card has a very low spend threshhold for the 50K signup bonus. Would it be possible to sign up for the card, quickly spend $1000, get the bonus, then cancel the card immediately and get a prorated amount of the annual fee refunded?

If yes, then if I were to do this over the course of the week, wouldn't it basically be a free 50K points? Sounds too good to be true..
Old Nov 25, 2012, 5:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
Originally Posted by ChanmanX
This card has a very low spend threshhold for the 50K signup bonus. Would it be possible to sign up for the card, quickly spend $1000, get the bonus, then cancel the card immediately and get a prorated amount of the annual fee refunded?

If yes, then if I were to do this over the course of the week, wouldn't it basically be a free 50K points? Sounds too good to be true..
Possibly, although there is a risk of adverse action from AMEX. It is up to u to decide how much risk u are willing to take.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by ChanmanX

The points don't typically post within a week.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by CFFrost
The points don't typically post within a week.
I have this card, once I hit 1k.. quickly because I booked a trip the points posted with perhaps 3-4 days. Haven't tried churning or anything of the like however and I do want to keep the card... may switch to Morgan Stanley for next year though.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 9:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
Is the $100 certificate good towards purchases of clothes in Mercedes-Benz dealers?
Old Nov 27, 2012, 9:30 pm

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by RFFlyer
Is the $100 certificate good towards purchases of clothes in Mercedes-Benz dealers?
yes, and anything in their online catalogue
Old Nov 27, 2012, 9:30 pm

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by RFFlyer
Yep. I used mine to buy a cycling shirt
Old Nov 27, 2012, 9:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
Thanks
Old Nov 29, 2012, 10:18 am

Programs: ALL :)
Mercedes Benz Card

Does the Mercedes Benz card come with the exact same benefits as the Platinum card if you get that version.

The benefits I am looking forward to is the $200 airline incidentals, and the Global Entry.

Can anyone clarify?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.