Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Mercedes Benz AMEX co-branded cards, [discontinued January 2019].

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 29, 2016, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: krazykanuck
Existing Benz Platinum cards will be converted to regular Platinum cards on Jan. 11, 2019 per a letter sent to all cardholders.

The Platinum Card from American Express Exclusively for Mercedes-Benz

60,000 Membership Rewards points after you spend $5,000 in purchases in the first three months
$550 Annual Fee, not waived

https://www262.americanexpress.com/dapply/partner/preacq/mbz/mbz-019/carddetails#/cshop
__________________________________________________ _____________

[EXPIRED]75K special offer:

https://www262.americanexpress.com/a...card/012/16580

See published restrictions below. #1 is enforced. #2 is not:
  1. Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have or have had this product.
  2. This offer is not valid for existing Platinum Card Members from American Express. You are eligible to receive points for only one Card account.
Print Wikipost

Mercedes Benz AMEX co-branded cards, [discontinued January 2019].

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2012, 12:53 am

T&C say that you wont get the points, but in actuality you will. Just don't call up and ruin it for yourself!
Old Feb 7, 2012, 11:16 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, UA 1P
Awesome, thanks everyone. I figure it'll be a good way to stock up on my MR points and wait for the next transfer bonus (hopefully soon!)
Old Feb 8, 2012, 9:34 am

One other quick question: I saw no mention of the $200 airline annual credit for the MBZ Platinum that the regular AMEX Platinum gives. Can anyone confirm whether or not the MBZ Platinum gets this benefit too?
Old Feb 8, 2012, 10:05 am

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
yes it does
Old Feb 8, 2012, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by Tim O'Brien
yes it does
Nice, thanks for the input.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 2:14 pm

Another data point.

I got the MB Plat 50k MR spend bonus immediately after hitting the $1k spend (even before the statement hit; even got an email the night before points posted). And I still have a regular Plat I got about a year ago (with 100k MR bump bonus). So you can definitely get both MB and regular Plat card spend bonuses, and you don't have to cancel prior regular Platinum. While others have also posted this experience, I think it was unclear if they had only recently (within last year) obtained the regular Platinum and the concomitant spend bonus.

(And yes, as everyone has confirmed in this thread, the $200 reimbursement also works on the Benz Platinum.)

Time to go spend that $100 MB certificate I got....
Old Feb 28, 2012, 2:31 pm

Programs: AA PLAT; SPG GOLD; AS MileagePlan
the new MB Plat AMEX card

Hi all,

does any one know if the $200 Airline Fee Credit is applicable for this new MB Plat card.

I currently have the reg AMEX PLAT, but I want to do a churn, but I like to verify if this new MB has all the same privileges...

Will I also get Priority Club Lounge access as well...?

thx in Advance

magellan
Old Feb 28, 2012, 3:09 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

magellan99's post has been moved into the established thread about this card. Reviewing the preceding discussion will confirm that the card does qualify for all of the benefits of the standard personal Platinum Card, including the $200 airline credit and Priority Pass Select membership.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 4:05 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by magellan99
Hi all,

does any one know if the $200 Airline Fee Credit is applicable for this new MB Plat card.

I currently have the reg AMEX PLAT, but I want to do a churn, but I like to verify if this new MB has all the same privileges...

Will I also get Priority Club Lounge access as well...?

thx in Advance

magellan
Yes to all your questions
Old Feb 28, 2012, 4:08 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by troyb
Anyone else see this?

https://www.mbfs.com/mbfsr/en/misc/creditCard.do

They actually both seem like a pretty good deal to me if you are already driving or planning on buying/leasing a MB.
in the long run your better off applying for a regular Plt card from AMEX
Old Feb 28, 2012, 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by edgewood49
in the long run your better off applying for a regular Plt card from AMEX
Generally, yes, but it's possible that the non-Plat MB card might be a long-run winner with its 3x Gas, 2x Restaurant bonuses (and 5x bonus on MB purchases), despite the low sign-up bonus. You can't get 3x MR bonus on gas and 2x MR bonus on restaurants with any other Amex card I'm aware of, so if you spend a LOT on these categories and you want MR points, that non-plat MB Amex card could be a keeper.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 5:22 pm

Programs: Hertz President's Circle, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by andysiz
Another data point.

I got the MB Plat 50k MR spend bonus immediately after hitting the $1k spend (even before the statement hit; even got an email the night before points posted). And I still have a regular Plat I got about a year ago (with 100k MR bump bonus). So you can definitely get both MB and regular Plat card spend bonuses, and you don't have to cancel prior regular Platinum. While others have also posted this experience, I think it was unclear if they had only recently (within last year) obtained the regular Platinum and the concomitant spend bonus.

(And yes, as everyone has confirmed in this thread, the $200 reimbursement also works on the Benz Platinum.)

Time to go spend that $100 MB certificate I got....
Did you have 2 separate MR accounts or were they merged together with you Plat. MR account?
Old Feb 28, 2012, 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by rookie10
Did you have 2 separate MR accounts or were they merged together with you Plat. MR account?
Same MR account.
Old Mar 1, 2012, 12:14 am

Originally Posted by andysiz
Another data point.

This is exactly correct. Same experience.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 9:44 am

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold
I signed up for the PR Gold card when it had the 75k special last year. My annual fee will be coming up soon and was thinking of downgrading to green to maintain the ton of MR points I've accumulated. I'll switch it over to the MB card instead, same fee, though with 3x gas and 2x restaurants. A no brainer IMHO. Though I'll feel like a tool with a card that has the M-B logo on it...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.