Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Mercedes Benz AMEX co-branded cards, [discontinued January 2019].

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 29, 2016, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: krazykanuck
Existing Benz Platinum cards will be converted to regular Platinum cards on Jan. 11, 2019 per a letter sent to all cardholders.

The Platinum Card from American Express Exclusively for Mercedes-Benz

60,000 Membership Rewards points after you spend $5,000 in purchases in the first three months
$550 Annual Fee, not waived

https://www262.americanexpress.com/dapply/partner/preacq/mbz/mbz-019/carddetails#/cshop
__________________________________________________ _____________

[EXPIRED]75K special offer:

https://www262.americanexpress.com/a...card/012/16580

See published restrictions below. #1 is enforced. #2 is not:
  1. Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have or have had this product.
  2. This offer is not valid for existing Platinum Card Members from American Express. You are eligible to receive points for only one Card account.
Print Wikipost

Mercedes Benz AMEX co-branded cards, [discontinued January 2019].

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2019, 1:53 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

I notice that, the additional cards on the plain Platinum are the regular cards with small chip and not the large chip for contactless. But the replace cards for the MB Platinum (regular Plat now) are the contactless cards with large chips.

I do not know if this is card specific or just the certain batch.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 2:35 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
I am not sure that the size of the EMV chip is only related to the presence of the Contactless feature, because I have a Blue Business Plus card with small EMV -and- Contactless.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 7:51 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by mia
I am not sure that the size of the EMV chip is only related to the presence of the Contactless feature, because I have a Blue Business Plus card with small EMV -and- Contactless.
So far, I get the contactless cards with Paypal BMCDC, AmEx Gold and the AmEx Plat (old MB Plat). All get large chips. I do not care about the contactless. But it seems the new cards will be the contactless cards.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 11:48 pm

For those who canceled MB Plat prior to 1/10, did you receive your pro-rated AF refund yet? I haven't, and my last statement closing date was mid January.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 12:04 am

Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc
For those who canceled MB Plat prior to 1/10, did you receive your pro-rated AF refund yet? I haven't, and my last statement closing date was mid January.
Cancelled Jan 8. Statement closed Jan 15. AF refund posted Jan 21. Chatted with them this morning and they said a check would be mailed out shortly.

Last edited by lolbombs; Feb 1, 2019 at 12:10 am
Old Feb 1, 2019, 3:52 am

Originally Posted by lolbombs
Cancelled Jan 8. Statement closed Jan 15. AF refund posted Jan 21. Chatted with them this morning and they said a check would be mailed out shortly.

I canceled my MB Plat 1/7, statement closed 1/16, but still no partial AF refund yet!

AMEX chat agent said it'll take 45 days to post refund... I think he's one of those chat agents who don't know what's going on.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 8:45 pm

Quick question. I've been out of the credit card game for awhile because I was over 5/24 but recently just got back into it as my chase cards fell off. I stupidly had a MB platinum a few years ago and cancelled it (cancellation date approx 2 years ago). Didn't read about this whole transition thing. I haven't been able to find my specific case on forums across the interwebs, but my sinking feeling is that I am no longer eligible for the vanilla platinum bonus eventhough I cancelled my MB plat card over 2 years ago. Can anyone confirm this with 100 % certainty? I'm looking for datapoints with someone who has perhaps tried. I really wanted to get the vanilla plat card as a lifelong card given its various benefits, but may just have to have the wife open a platinum account. I don't really want to open it without getting the bonus b/c I would burn one of my 5/24. Any advice or insight is appreciated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.