Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Mercedes Benz AMEX co-branded cards, [discontinued January 2019].

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 29, 2016, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: krazykanuck
Existing Benz Platinum cards will be converted to regular Platinum cards on Jan. 11, 2019 per a letter sent to all cardholders.

The Platinum Card from American Express Exclusively for Mercedes-Benz

60,000 Membership Rewards points after you spend $5,000 in purchases in the first three months
$550 Annual Fee, not waived

https://www262.americanexpress.com/dapply/partner/preacq/mbz/mbz-019/carddetails#/cshop
__________________________________________________ _____________

[EXPIRED]75K special offer:

https://www262.americanexpress.com/a...card/012/16580

See published restrictions below. #1 is enforced. #2 is not:
  1. Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have or have had this product.
  2. This offer is not valid for existing Platinum Card Members from American Express. You are eligible to receive points for only one Card account.
Print Wikipost

Mercedes Benz AMEX co-branded cards, [discontinued January 2019].

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2012, 5:24 pm

Programs: many
Originally Posted by thesilb
Yes - see my post 122 above. And I can confirm the CERT itself says to negotiate your best deal then present it! Are you sure you are at an authorized MB dealership and not some third party dealership? I would go to a different dealer if so (and report the dealer in question to MBUSA).
I believe you are just dealing with an (curse word) of a dealer. Do you always want that stigma hanging over future dealings with them? No. Find another dealer, report the dealer, and be sure to let that dealer you were very please to give your hard earned money to someone else. They will get the point.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 1:09 am

Originally Posted by thesilb
Yes - see my post 122 above. And I can confirm the CERT itself says to negotiate your best deal then present it! Are you sure you are at an authorized MB dealership and not some third party dealership? I would go to a different dealer if so (and report the dealer in question to MBUSA).
CALL MB regional headquarters ask if they are authorized dealer--report them if they are -- find another dealer , (they sound like slime balls) u can even nego price on phone with a out of area dealer , some will deliver car to ur home --after cfm they will deduct g.c and accept amex charge card for down payment ---- if can not work out -- call exec AMX office 888 622 7547 REF G.C.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 3:11 pm

Angry Discounts are certificates

I just spoke to the regional manager. They are saying that part of my negotiated price is a"certificate" program so I have to choose. They have many programs running all the time so you can't use them together. This says to me that the incentive to have the AMEX is worthless because they can consider part of the negotiated price a "certificate" program. My car is sitting on the lot right now. I just want to get this taken care of.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 3:22 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Dogtown
I just spoke to the regional manager. They are saying that part of my negotiated price is a"certificate" program so I have to choose. They have many programs running all the time so you can't use them together. This says to me that the incentive to have the AMEX is worthless because they can consider part of the negotiated price a "certificate" program. My car is sitting on the lot right now. I just want to get this taken care of.
So not true... find a different dealer.

Which part of the country are you in? Which dealer is this?
Old Jan 19, 2012, 11:13 pm

I'm in UT the dealership is MB of Lindon, UT. I find it hard to believe as well. Everyone is so busy protecting some policy that they've forgotten about the customer. Now I'll need to get a $1000 refund. It would have been so much easier if this had just been handled appropriately in the first place. This is a mark on both MB and AMEX. Why give out a certificate that can only be used in unrealistic situations?
Old Jan 20, 2012, 12:25 am

I'm in UT the dealership is MB of Lindon, UT. I find it hard to believe as well. Everyone is so busy protecting some policy that they've forgotten about the customer. Now I'll need to get a $1000 refund. It would have been so much easier if this had just been handled appropriately in the first place. This is a mark on both MB and AMEX. Why give out a certificate that can only be used in unrealistic situations?
CALL call exec AMX office 888 622 7547 REF G.C.-- ask to speak to the presidents office , tell them the story -- do not give up!!

this is his e/m
[email protected]

i would call and follow up with a e/m

hey --do not have time to earn $1000.00 - i will do it for you--i have plenty of time
Old Jan 23, 2012, 9:30 am

No value in $1000 certificate

I hope to get it taken care of. I'll keep it going. Until then the best thing I can do is warn others that the best perceived value for this card is no value at all. Even after all the hoops to jump through they still find a way to weasels out of accepting it. I'll start looking for a new card at the end of the month.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 9:38 am

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
I had no problem with the $1000 cert, negotiated the best price, went off True car figures, took the lowest price my model had sold for in the country over the last three months, then they took $1000 off for the cert, a $57,765 vehicle for 51K. I'm very happy with the Mercedes amex plat card. Picking the car up today.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 11:15 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
... part of my negotiated price is a"certificate" program so I have to choose. They have many programs running all the time so you can't use them together.
It sounds as if the problem is not that you cannot negotiate a lower price and then use the certificate, but rather that you cannot use two certificates on the same transaction.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 2:29 pm

What is the other certificate you are trying to use with the AMEX. I believe it said one certificate. Which is why I did not jump, as I get the USAA certificate for nothing.

Last edited by wesheltonj; Jan 24, 2012 at 4:48 pm Reason: spelling
Old Jan 24, 2012, 2:10 pm

That's the point of contention. They reduced the price and then told me that they used a certificate to do it. I only brought them one certificate. It doesn't seem right that they can reduce the price with any program and then say it counts as a certificate. Where is the list of certificate programs? Whats the difference between a certificate program and negotiation of price? I know the technical answers just not the logical ones. It seems that there's nothing preventing them from just using a $1000k certificate to reduce the price and that makes the certificate we have worthless.

I'm glad to hear someone got to use theirs. I wasn't even trying to get that much off of a $85k car. I feel like I got taken for a ride with this card. They tell me theirs nothing they can do about it so I'm just left with my story to tell.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by wesheltonj
What is the other certificate you are trying to use with the AMEX. I believe it said one certificate. Which is why I did not jump, as I get the USAA certificate for nothing.

You have another recourse as well: USAA!

USAA let's ZAG offer the reward. I'd suggest you contact them as well to let them know the following:

1. You got your USAA car buying service certificate with the no-haggle price
2. You used your MB-AMEX pricing certificate to help offset some of the costs from that price.
3. Dealer refused both 1 and 2.
4. Ask USAA to remove the dealer from the car buying service.

That should get them moving.

On a side note, just call a MB dealership in Reno, Vegas, or Boise, depending on where the next closest big city is. They'll likely deliver your car to you, free of charge just to get the deal. I've had excellent luck having cars bought in Reno delivered to San Francisco just because the deal was that much better-- saved maybe $10K on a deal involving 5 cars.

My 2 cents...
Old Feb 1, 2012, 11:47 am

Programs: Amex Plat, Citi Chairman, DL, AA, CO, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, VS, MC, Discover
I too just negotiated a price on a car to be ordered. It was very simple and I followed the advice offered here. Called around to several area dealers and asked for their best price, then confirmed that I could apply USAA Fleet, MB AMEX cert or any other incentives applicable at the time of delivery. All said yes but I did have to comply with the terms which do limit the use of the AMEX cert as it is NOT valid if I use a Fleet discount or discount for owning a certain brand of vehicle (see terms on the back of cert). They just said to negotiate the price and then wait and see what MB was offering and we could pick the best applicable discounts valid at that time. If USAA Fleet is greater than $1000 I go with that, if not I use MB AMEX cert. My paperwork gives me a set price less any applicable programs/certificates at time of delivery. I think I spent about 10 minutes physically in the dealership after driving the vehicle. Painless so far...
Old Feb 6, 2012, 6:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, UA 1P

Hey everyone,

I tried to search the site but came up empty. I recently signed up for the personal AMEX Platinum card and received 50,000 MR points as a sign up bonus. I was thinking about canceling, but saw that the Mercedes AMEX Platinum has a similar 50k sign up bonus. Can anyone confirm if you can receive both sign up bonuses as they are considered separate cards/offers? Thanks!
Old Feb 6, 2012, 10:20 pm

They are, many reports on here of people getting both. I'm hoping the bonus goes up to about 75-100k this year, preferrably before April when I'll be flying on AA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.