Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Mercedes Benz AMEX co-branded cards, [discontinued January 2019].

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 29, 2016, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: krazykanuck
Existing Benz Platinum cards will be converted to regular Platinum cards on Jan. 11, 2019 per a letter sent to all cardholders.

The Platinum Card from American Express Exclusively for Mercedes-Benz

60,000 Membership Rewards points after you spend $5,000 in purchases in the first three months
$550 Annual Fee, not waived

https://www262.americanexpress.com/dapply/partner/preacq/mbz/mbz-019/carddetails#/cshop
__________________________________________________ _____________

[EXPIRED]75K special offer:

https://www262.americanexpress.com/a...card/012/16580

See published restrictions below. #1 is enforced. #2 is not:
  1. Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have or have had this product.
  2. This offer is not valid for existing Platinum Card Members from American Express. You are eligible to receive points for only one Card account.
Print Wikipost

Mercedes Benz AMEX co-branded cards, [discontinued January 2019].

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2013, 5:01 pm

Programs: DL, AA, UA, SPG Gold, HH Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by psfcfa
Probably, but why would you do that? They are two different products so one can get another sign up bonus applying for the second one.
Point taken, thanks.
Old Mar 10, 2013, 11:11 am

If I currently have the MB Platinum, does this exclude me from the PR Gold bonus where it stipulated "not having a consumer zync, green, gold or platinum" within the past 90 days?

In other words, is the MB Platinum considered "any other consumer Platinum" in their language?

Thanks!
Old Mar 10, 2013, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by Visconti
If I currently have the MB Platinum, does this exclude me from the PR Gold bonus where it stipulated "not having a consumer zync, green, gold or platinum" within the past 90 days?

In other words, is the MB Platinum considered "any other consumer Platinum" in their language?

Thanks!
No I just got the PRG 50k and currently hold the Mercedes Platinum.
Old Mar 11, 2013, 7:46 am

Programs: Spg Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by keirnna
No I just got the PRG 50k and currently hold the Mercedes Platinum.
Was this your first time for the PRG ?
Old Mar 11, 2013, 7:47 am

Originally Posted by PETERPNYC
Was this your first time for the PRG ?
Yes, I passed up on this same offer in January because it was just under 90 days since I closed my regular Platinum. It was over 90 when I got the PRG so I figured I was within all of the T&C and points posted as soon as I spent $1k. AFAIK though now you can have a PRG bonus again as long as the last was closed more than 12 months.
Old Mar 12, 2013, 9:18 am

Programs: Spg Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by keirnna
Yes, I passed up on this same offer in January because it was just under 90 days since I closed my regular Platinum. It was over 90 when I got the PRG so I figured I was within all of the T&C and points posted as soon as I spent $1k. AFAIK though now you can have a PRG bonus again as long as the last was closed more than 12 months.

Thanks
Old Mar 12, 2013, 9:54 am

The sense I'm getting from this thread is that if I want to take advantage of the Platinum and PRG offers that come out every now and again, but also want to keep a Platinum card open for the travel benefits, I should get the MB Plat and keep that one open. That way, I can alternate PRG and Platinum bonuses...
Old Mar 12, 2013, 10:48 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by PWMTrav
... get the MB Plat and keep that one open. That way, I can alternate PRG and Platinum bonuses...
See this thread for more discussion:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...cards-usa.html
Old Mar 12, 2013, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by mia
See this thread for more discussion:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...cards-usa.html
You know, that's the thread I thought I was posting in. Sorry about that, please delete if you'd like.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 1:42 pm

Not 100% related to these cards, but has anyone actually looked at the $95 AF Amex Mercedes Benz card - not the charge card, but the credit card? It awards 3X MR on gasoline purchases on transactions under $400. To my knowledge, it's the only way to do better than 2X on gas with Amex.

It's a shame that Plat, PRG and MB Amex add up to a lot in annual fees. I'd love one card that gave me what the Platinum does + 3X Travel (sometimes 4X if using Amex Travel) + 3X Gas + 2X Restaurants + 2X Grocery. And if anyone from Amex reads this board, I'd pay a $500 AF for that. It'd cost me $720 for those 3 cards individually.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 1:54 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Delta Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by PWMTrav
Not 100% related to these cards, but has anyone actually looked at the $95 AF Amex Mercedes Benz card - not the charge card, but the credit card? It awards 3X MR on gasoline purchases on transactions under $400. To my knowledge, it's the only way to do better than 2X on gas with Amex.

It's a shame that Plat, PRG and MB Amex add up to a lot in annual fees. I'd love one card that gave me what the Platinum does + 3X Travel (sometimes 4X if using Amex Travel) + 3X Gas + 2X Restaurants + 2X Grocery. And if anyone from Amex reads this board, I'd pay a $500 AF for that. It'd cost me $720 for those 3 cards individually.
you are correct...that would be AWESOME. Offering all the pts benefits as well as travel benefits.
Old Mar 27, 2013, 7:07 am
mia

The Mercedes credit card is also a way to keep your Membership Rewards balance active if cycling between various Gold and Platinum charge cards. Holding the Mercedes credit card won't disqualify you from earning a bonus when applying for any other card.
Old Mar 27, 2013, 7:57 am

Originally Posted by mia
The Mercedes credit card is also a way to keep your Membership Rewards balance active if cycling between various Gold and Platinum charge cards. Holding the Mercedes credit card won't disqualify you from earning a bonus when applying for any other card.
The fine print on the MB card says 3X on gas for transactions up to $400. Do you have any idea if transactions >$400 would be at 1X for the whole thing, or 3X $400 + 1X the overage on that transaction?

I only ask because you know these products really well.
Old Mar 27, 2013, 8:02 am
mia

I have no experience with this card, nor with buying fuel for commercial vehicles, but I read the terms to mean that if an individual purchase exceeds $400 it would not qualify for the bonus points. When the statement closes I think the software would look for transactions in a certain merchant category -AND- less than $400.01.

3 points on gasoline purchases (for each transaction of $400 or less) at U.S. stand-alone gas stations (excluding superstores, supermarkets, convenience stores and warehouse clubs)
Old Mar 27, 2013, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by mia
I have no experience with this card, nor with buying fuel for commercial vehicles, but I read the terms to mean that if an individual purchase exceeds $400 it would not qualify for the bonus points. When the statement closes I think the software would look for transactions in a certain merchant category -AND- less than $400.01.
I'll give Amex a call and report back. It'd be nice if they did the split on their own. I'm not sure that I spend more than $400 at gas stations too often anyway, but around the holidays I tend to give out liquor as gifts and our best selection of nice Scotch, etc. is from a nearby gas station/agency store (This is Maine, and I'm 100% serious) so I might spend more then.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.