Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Is 50k MR Points offer for first time Platinum members still valid? (Bonus ID 4986)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is 50k MR Points offer for first time Platinum members still valid? (Bonus ID 4986)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2011, 1:21 am

Originally Posted by JMapleton
Penfed Amex has no annual fee, but you have to spend $15,000 a year to get Lounge Access.
Oh really? What lounges does it give you access to?
Old Feb 4, 2011, 1:36 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott TE, and Reformed AMEX Cent
I noticed it came from Omaha, I thought maybe they had a printer in every city. All the cards come from Omaha? Wow.

I did get it in two business days.
I've had lots of AMEX cards - all of them came from Omaha (except maybe my Cent card, can't remember where it came from).
Old Feb 4, 2011, 1:47 am

I noticed it came from Omaha, I thought maybe they had a printer in every city. All the cards come from Omaha? Wow.

I live in California, and I got mine in three business days. I suppose living in Omaha has its benefits.
Old Feb 4, 2011, 1:48 am

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else

When my application was approved, it said that It would be mailed from Omaha, NE. Since the card is being sent to a family member while I'm away, it's helpful to alert them for what to look for.
Old Feb 4, 2011, 2:22 am

Programs: Amex Plat, Visa Signature
Originally Posted by FlyMeToTheLooneyBin
Oh really? What lounges does it give you access to?
The lounge access is provided by Priority Pass, so all the ones that are on their network.
Old Feb 4, 2011, 2:28 am

Programs: AAdvantage Plat+, FoundersCard, Amex Plat, TR Diamond, Marriott Gold, Wyndham Dia, HH Gold, Hertz 5*
I received and activated my card today, and immediately called CS to confirm the bonus promotion that I had applied under. She asked if it was an upgrade or a new card, I said "new", she asked if it was the 50,000 point promotion and I said yes, she confirmed the 50K points for $1K spend in 90 days, and I said "thanks".

On enrolling for online account management, it shows 60K points available for advance. (I have an old SPG Amex and a new-ish Delta Gold Amex)
Old Feb 4, 2011, 6:37 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
The lounge access is provided by Priority Pass....
The PenFed Amex-network card provides only two free visits per year, after that you will pay $27 per visit. Guests are also $27 per visit. Also, if this membership is designated Priority Pass Select (a new category) it will exclude CO/UA lounges after September 30, 2011.
Old Feb 4, 2011, 9:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: AMEX PLAT
Ok so I received my Amex Platinum card in the mail yesterday and am finally coming down from my "high" Such a nice card! And nice welcome package! I felt like a kid at Christmas.
I activated it last night and called Amex this morning: I talked to a CSR who talked to someone at the new accounts department and they confirmed that I will receive the 50k MRP after spending $1k in 3 months.

Oh and I already booked a vacation of more than $3k so I should get the 50k MRP pretty fast, as well as the annual $100 credit. I will post here to confirm when the points hit my MR First account.
Old Feb 4, 2011, 12:35 pm

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Got word today that my card has arrived. It's activated, and I'm awaiting confirmation that I've got the promo set up right before advancing the points to use the DL promo.
Old Feb 4, 2011, 1:52 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
How confident should I feel that if I buy $200 in gift cards from aa.com, it will reimbursed as an "airline fee"?
Old Feb 4, 2011, 2:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AMEX PLAT
Originally Posted by jphripjah
How confident should I feel ?
Not very! There used to be a sticky thread about exactly what qualifies. A gift card is like cash, not a fee.
Old Feb 6, 2011, 4:57 pm

Any offer like this 50k MR available in the UK at the moment?
Old Feb 7, 2011, 11:13 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, AA EXP, Alaska MVP 75
Tried upgrading from Gold and it was a no-go (2 CSRs said it was ony for new applications, not upgrades). Applied for a new card and got approved instantly.
Old Feb 9, 2011, 9:25 am

Programs: DL GM, Hyatt
Interestingly (or not), the 50K bonus points is only good for the web-based application. After reading about some lucky folks getting a letter offering 100K points, I thought I would call and ask about that. The CSR told me that there is no offer attached to my name (I have DL Amex Plat and Costco Amex), and that she could not even offer the 50K points to me--"Internet applications only."

How does that make any sense?
Old Feb 9, 2011, 10:31 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by spidaman
....the 50K bonus points is only good for the web-based application.
Correct, and this seems to be the error underlying many complaints that American Express "won't honor" bonus offers. The application must be submitted according to the method(s) specified in the ad. One factor is that it's less expensive for American Express to process online applications, and in the process they are able to collect and validate additional information and encourage the customer to manage the new account online.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.