Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Is 50k MR Points offer for first time Platinum members still valid? (Bonus ID 4986)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is 50k MR Points offer for first time Platinum members still valid? (Bonus ID 4986)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2011, 8:27 am

Programs: DL-Gold, Starwood. Previously AA Gold and United Premier Gold, and OnePass
Where do you even see the 25k miles? I clicked the link both in the OP and off thepointsguy's website, and I just see a form listing the benefits of the platinum card, but I don't see any mention of even a 25k MR reward. Is there a specific section of the page I should be looking at?
Old Apr 27, 2011, 8:45 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by InfoMofo
... I just see...
If you are already an American Express cardholder a browser cookie may suppress promotional offers intended for new customers. Work around this by clearing the cookies in your browser -or- using a browser which you have not used to login to your account.

If you still do not see an offer wait a few days. The offer will be prominent,
Old Apr 27, 2011, 8:47 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
Smile

Where do you even see the 25k miles? I clicked the link both in the OP and off thepointsguy's website, and I just see a form listing the benefits of the platinum card, but I don't see any mention of even a 25k MR reward. Is there a specific section of the page I should be looking at?
Make sure you are logged out of your Amex account/ clear cookies/ new browser. It'll definitely load the 25,000 point offer when you spend $1,000 in 3 months
Old Apr 27, 2011, 8:47 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hhonors Gold, National Executive, Identity Gold, MLife Gold
I'm not an amex cardholder, and I went looking for this last night. I didn't see the 25k offer either.
Old Apr 27, 2011, 8:50 am
mia

At this very moment I am able to see the 25k offer using the link from thepointsguy's blog with IE8 after clearing cookies.
Old Apr 27, 2011, 9:09 am

Programs: DL-Gold, Starwood. Previously AA Gold and United Premier Gold, and OnePass
Success! I went to the form and found the link for the live chat help, and I asked the membership advisor via the chat box about the 50k offer, and she gave me a fresh link for it. I cleared my cookies and it showed up as 50k on the form! I made screenshots of everything so hopefully this will all be good.

Here's the link she gave me in case anyone is still looking for it:

https://www304.americanexpress.com/p...-10-0/0/0/0/n/

Make sure you've cleared all cookies, logged out etc, or it will put a "/member/" somewhere in that url, and that's what prevents you from getting to the offer. If it matters, I was using IE.
Old Apr 27, 2011, 10:50 am

Programs: UA 1K, TG Platinum, SPG Gold, Hyatt GP Platinum, Priority Club Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Success! I went to the form and found the link for the live chat help, and I asked the membership advisor via the chat box about the 50k offer, and she gave me a fresh link for it. I cleared my cookies and it showed up as 50k on the form! I made screenshots of everything so hopefully this will all be good.

Here's the link she gave me in case anyone is still looking for it:

https://www304.americanexpress.com/p...-10-0/0/0/0/n/

Make sure you've cleared all cookies, logged out etc, or it will put a "/member/" somewhere in that url, and that's what prevents you from getting to the offer. If it matters, I was using IE.
I just apply from your link, It's work great. Thanks
Old Apr 27, 2011, 11:11 am
mia

I believe this is the same link provided by o2bnzhongguo in post 239
Old Apr 27, 2011, 4:06 pm

Programs: AA Plat, National EE, Marriott Plat, HH Gold, SPG Plat
yeah 50k points is still up and working.
Old Apr 27, 2011, 5:40 pm

I currently have a Gold Rewards card and a BoA Accolades. What do you Plat holders think of the benefits? Is it worth the extra $300? I fly mostly domestic ~8 times a year, rarely do I book hotels, maybe 5-10 days out of the year.
Old May 4, 2011, 8:30 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by kar don
yeah 50k points is still up and working.
looks like its only 25k now.
Old May 6, 2011, 5:25 pm

Programs: *G, UA Plat, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by nyc1978
looks like its only 25k now.
Yeah, the links in this thread yield at most 25k points. Not worth it for me considering the annual fee is $450...
Old Jan 25, 2012, 3:07 pm

I saw this link on FWF, is it valid? Same bonus ID 4986...
https://www304.americanexpress.com/p...rd/29276-319-0

Last edited by mia; Jan 26, 2012 at 8:44 am Reason: Remove referral link
Old Jan 25, 2012, 3:19 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by jimikim
I saw this link on FWF, is it valid? Same bonus ID 4986...
[url]https://www304.americanexpress.com/personal-card-application/platinum-charge-card/29276-319-0
Best way to get a 50K MR bonus right now is the current referral program (3K spend/3 months).

Last edited by mia; Jan 26, 2012 at 8:43 am Reason: Remove quoted referral link and offer.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 8:50 am
mia

Moderator action

I removed a referral link, two referral offers, and a link to a card issued in another country from this thread which is now closed. Referral offers are permitted only in this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...rs-usa-uk.html

In particular read this post to understand my interpretation of Flyertalk's guidelines and rules on this issue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.