Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Las Vegas Hotels - FHR experience [2010 -2014]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2011, 2:16 pm

Programs: SPG Gold & SW VACA CLUB, HGP Gold & VACA CLUB, AMEX DELTA, AMEX DELTA BIZ, AMEX PLAT, MC WORLD ELITE
Bellagio, Las Vegas

Booked standard room at $215. Upgraded to 35th floor penthouse. (I was able to use VIP Check-In)

$85 credit at Olives, we used all of it. The dammage was $2.06. Of course I did leave a $25.00 Tip.....

Used breakfast vouchers ($20 per person per day) in the Bellagio Cafe. They were also good in the Buffet, but not for room service.

4:00 check-out was honored. I called to ask about it and was told it was "automatic" and I didn't have to request it.

Bellagio charges a resort fee (about $22 with tax per night). It includes Internet access and basic access to the fitness center. Although the fitness center is adjacent to the spa's "wet areas" (locker rooms, showers, sauna/steam room, plunge pool & whirlpools), the "wet areas" are not included in the resort fee. You either pay for access ($29/day) or get access for the day if you have a treatment in the spa.
Old Sep 17, 2011, 7:42 am
zaf

Programs: HH Gold VIP, BonVoy Gold, BAEC Gold, AmEx Platinum, Visa Infinite
Encore @ Wynn Las Vegas (Canadian Platinum)

I went in June 2011 for 3 nights:

First of all the rate that I got from FHR was less than any website (surprisingly).

I booked an encore king sweet.

Upon arrival although the hotel was pretty flu (we called in a day earlier to try to book a room for my friend there but they hotel told us they are fully booked). I received a room upgrade to a panoramic room.
I got a $100 refund on using the spa.
I was supposed to get $$ for daily breakfast at the restaurant but unfortunately lol was never awake or in the hotel during the service time.
I also received a late check out at 4 pm which I never used cause my flight was earlier than that.

The price I paid for FHR rate was like 50-80 dollars per night cheaper than the encore website rate. In addition I got 100 + (I think it was 25 dollars per breakfast x3) + room upgrade (another like 80 dollars per night) + late check out.

All in all happy with the deal
Old Oct 3, 2011, 1:07 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, HHonors Gold
Speaking of Vegas, here's a tangentially related question:

I booked a Salone Suite at the Bellagio through FHR for next weekend, and I'm curious if the magic "$20 DOLLAR TRICK" (Though I'd use a 50 or 100) is worth trying.

From what I've read, if I'm offered FHR upgrade at check-in, I'm going to get a lakeview Salone suite. I'm curious if sliding a 50 or 100 at check-in could move me up to a Bellagio or Cypress suite.

I've received upgrades from both the "$20 Trick" and through FHR individually, but I've never done the two together. I figure if there's any place to try it, it's Las Vegas.

Anyone have any experience with this?
Old Oct 31, 2011, 7:58 pm
b8b

Programs: DL Plat; HH Diamond; SPG & Hyatt Plat
Stayed at the Mandarin Oriental Las Vegas using Centurion FHR last week at $230/night after taxes.
Overall grade: A+

Rather then reinvent the wheel or plagiarize, I will use Super-Mileage-Fan's review and comment as my experience was similar:

Originally Posted by super-mileage-fan
Received 1-category room upgrade at booking.

No free night, instead received both $100 Spa credit + $200 Spa or Food credit (Centurion benefit)

Breakfast credits for 2 people each day (OK to order room service) (Plat or Cent)

4PM checkout guaranteed (Plat or Centurion) with 6pm if available. (Cent only)

... some expectations that you will tip a lot for over-attentive service all over the hotel, this place is simply amazing. (emphasis mine)

... it is confusing and inconsistent how they apply the credits to your bill at check out -- it depends on the agent.... they charged me tax on a free breakfast, which I think was a mistake.

No free Internet.
Some things to note:
- Credits do not include taxes or tips, so those will remain on your bill at checkout (they only told me about tips when I checked in, not taxes)
- Breakfast credit is $25.95 per person, up to two people
- Spa is expensive, costs $50/day to access the facilities ($40 with treatment), but I have never had such great service at a spa (even at the Ritz in Beaver Creek) - the attendant would come into the steam shower and sauna to bring me iced towels! However, at the end, the bill came with three places to tip: Spa Concierge (who's that? the lady at the front desk who brought me the bill??), Spa attendant and service attendant. Tips can add up quick at this place.
- Very attentive service everywhere, most folks referred to me as Mr. <Lastname>.
- Rooms are very nice, high tech (curtains can be operated from the TV UI, though it's a bit slow and clunky)

Overall, I think it's a fantastic value on a low rate as you'll likely spend more than you would elsewhere after meal expenses. I would most certainly stay here again if I get a $200-$250 rate again.
Old Nov 9, 2011, 1:42 pm

Programs: United Platinum, SPG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Venetian Las Vegas

Made a reservation for the Rialto Suite (2 queen, 1100 sqft).
Wasnt told that if you book this room no upgrade is possible.
Got to check in, and am told that I booked the Bella Suite (2 queen, 700 sqft) and am being upgraded to Rialto! Tell them that is not what I booked....they offer to upgrade me to another suite (bigger at 1400 sqft) but only has one bed...no go.

Take the Rialto suite, then call up AMEX. AMEX says I have paid for Rialto, and should have been informed during the reservation (made over the phone) that I would not have any upgrades available which could handle 2 beds. Say they cant do anything now and to talk to the Venetian. Venetian Elite desk was nice and refunded me back a 100 bucks.

The benefits were decent, was given 4 pm check out. Dinner was at the Pinot Brasserie and the food was actually very good. Dinner was comped for 2 (we were 4), but really there was enough food to feed all 4 of us. We order a couple of appetizers for the table and all of us were full. So pretty pleased with the dinner option. Unfortunately, its only valid for Pinot and cannot be used for any other restaurant.

Breakfast is room service only (but the guy at the elite desk was nice and gave us an additional 4 buffet vouchers for the Grand Lux cafe) Howeverm in room breakfast really is enough to cover people again. Plenty of coffee, 2 glasses of OJ and 8 pastries. More than enough....

All in all, not too much to complain about. The staff at the Venetian Elite desk are great. AMEX dropped the ball i think slightly on this one but the Venetian took care of the issue so no harm no foul.

One thing....if you are looking to book the Rialto and get an upgrade (for 2 queens), you wont get one. Also the view was absolutely rubbish (even though its proclaimed as a Rialto View Suite). The room also isnt much...its the exact same as the Bella, just more roomy. Dont waste your money on it. No additional amenities.
Old Dec 3, 2011, 2:25 pm

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic, Delta Platinum
MO Las Vegas

Had a good stay there recently on the third night free promotion, which made rates much lower than the 4S. No upgrade mentioned at check in so I asked. Clerk did some typing but said they were fully booked (10:00 on a Friday night). I had booked a Strip View room so only one level to go up without getting to the suites.

Breakfasts were taken off. $100 spa credit doesn't get you much w/r/t treatments but two trips to the spa facilities were taken off.

Might go with the Visa Signature program next time to get free Internet.

I did move over to the Cosmopolitan for one night -- and that was fantastic. Corner suite with wrap around terrace and views of Bellagio fountains.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 9:03 pm

I guess living in Vegas for a while skewed my view on tipping... Or bribery if you want to label it that way!
Old Dec 14, 2011, 6:30 am

Originally Posted by TandTEnterprises
I guess living in Vegas for a while skewed my view on tipping... Or bribery if you want to label it that way!
Well you actually nailed it. My upcoming FHR stay is at the Encore in Vegas, and I'm hoping to try and confirm an upgrade before I show up.

I've heard about that $20/$50/$100 trick, but it just feels trashy and gross to me; even though I've heard from many folks that it's perfectly acceptable in Las Vegas.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by Jake Gittes
Well you actually nailed it. My upcoming FHR stay is at the Encore in Vegas, and I'm hoping to try and confirm an upgrade before I show up.

I've heard about that $20/$50/$100 trick, but it just feels trashy and gross to me; even though I've heard from many folks that it's perfectly acceptable in Las Vegas.
Trashy, maybe. Gross? I don't think so.

I've never tried it myself. My concern would be that I'd lose my $20 / $50, and still get stuck in the same un-upgraded room!
Old Dec 18, 2011, 4:49 pm

Programs: All Around Nobody
Venetian - Las Vegas

Booked a 2 queen suite. Got an upgrade to a Strip "View" room at check-in. Not much of a view, but it was still nice. Ordered the continental breakfast a couple times, it's not very filling but it's nice to have in the room to snack on.

Used the food voucher at Pinot Brasserie for dinner, the food was very good.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 8:04 am

Wynn/Encore - Las Vegas

Booked a standard Encore King Suite and was upgraded to a Panoramic King Suite with an awesome south-facing view of the strip.

Was offered $30 per person per day as breakfast credit that could be used at 4 on property restaurants (used every bit of that benefit), and a $100 spa credit that was used to help with...er...recovery.

Definitely would do this again. ^

One thing of note was that my final bill at check-out was a lot lower than what FHR said it would be at the time of booking. I had a Friday-Monday stay, and I guess AmEx's FHR system couldn't figure out (and by extension, neither did I) that the Sunday night rate is a lot cheaper than a normal weekend rate. That was a pleasant surprise at check-out!
Old Jan 8, 2012, 1:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: Fly paid F and J. AA EXP. DL PM.
Booked MO through FHR for next weekend, MLK weekend.

- strip view room
- third night free
- comp breakfast for two
- $100 spa credit
- late checkout

1. if available, what type of room would I be upgraded?
2. on a holiday weekend, what are the chances of receiving an upgraded room?
Old Jan 8, 2012, 4:12 pm

Programs: AA
FitTraveler, what room rate did you get thru FHR?

You can get 3rd night free off MO website. But amenities and upgrade possibility unknown.
Old Jan 8, 2012, 5:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: Fly paid F and J. AA EXP. DL PM.
$275/night.

Does anyone know the charge for MO sedan service from airport?
Old Jan 8, 2012, 8:02 pm

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by FitTraveler
Booked MO through FHR for next weekend, MLK weekend.

- strip view room
- third night free
- comp breakfast for two
- $100 spa credit
- late checkout

1. if available, what type of room would I be upgraded?
2. on a holiday weekend, what are the chances of receiving an upgraded room?
I believe there's one level up from strip view (don't think they'd ever send you to a suite), but I'd say it's very unlikely that you get an upgrade - I'd put it at 15%. The strip view room is plenty nice though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.