Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Las Vegas Hotels - FHR experience [2010 -2014]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2014, 9:54 pm

I'm thinking of booking a room through FHR in early January and considering the Four Seaons now that TheHotel is no longer an option. I know there's no longer a F&B credit, only spa credit. Does anyone know if that credit us usable at the Mandalay spa or TheHotel spa? Those facilities are much better so I'm curious.

How much money do they give you towards breakfast and what are your options?
Old Dec 1, 2014, 10:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

THEHotel is Delano now. There is no more THEHotel (and thus no more THEHotel spa)

(Did they add Delano as an option? It's the exact same hotel, just rebranded and renovated. Although, I preferred with when it was THEHotel -- I think that they ruined the suites when they remodeled them)
Old Dec 2, 2014, 10:17 am

Programs: Delta, HH, Hyatt, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by innewyork99999
I'm thinking of booking a room through FHR in early January and considering the Four Seaons now that TheHotel is no longer an option. I know there's no longer a F&B credit, only spa credit. Does anyone know if that credit us usable at the Mandalay spa or TheHotel spa? Those facilities are much better so I'm curious.

How much money do they give you towards breakfast and what are your options?

Just returned from an awesome stay at the 4S over the weekend. The spa credit is only good at the 4S spa. I asked if they would consider granting me a F&B credit instead of the spa credit since im there pretty often and it was a no go.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 10:09 am

Programs: UA 1K
Just returned from Vegas. Did first 3 nights at the Wynn. Booked a King Panaramic and got a King Panaramic. Was kind of surprised at no upgrade only because it was Sun-Tues before Xmas. Not really complaining though because we were on the top floor (60th) overlooking the golf course. It was great. So good we altered our plans for the the remainder of the trip.

We were supposed to stay at the Palazzo for the next three nights. Instead, we just stayed there one night to avoid the cancellation fee of one night's stay and got a room at the Encore for the remaining two nights.

We again booked an Encore King Panaramic and got it. No surprise there was no upgrade as it was Xmas night and the Friday after. Was pleasantly surprised we gott a top floor (63rd) strip view room though.

Used the b'fast credits everyday. Wynn/Encore at $80 for two is roughly the same as $60 for two at Palazzo as prices were lower at the Palazzo. Both were execellent. There are more choices at Wynn/Encore though.

Used early check-in and late check-out. And, used the spa credits. Had the reflexology (foot) massage at the Canyon Ranch Spa at Palazzo. It really wasn't like the reflexology massages I've had before. It was kind of weak.

Overall, it was a great time. The Wynn/Encore is my new favorite in Vegas.
Old Jan 4, 2015, 1:05 pm

September 22-25th.

Used FHR and booked a Encore King Tower suite. Drove the car to the valet on the Tower suite area. Checked in about 1115. Everything went smoothly. We were offered water bottles and cool towels at checkin. We were upgraded to the Parlor suite suite without having to ask. We also took advantage of the 4pm checkout but left about 2pm. We used the $80 breakfast credit for the full room service spread every morning. We had no issues with billing or anything else.

Notes:
You are given complimentary water bottles in the room...make sure you drink them early so that they get replaced by turndown service...they won't give you more if the two are still sitting there.

We had to call room service for ice every time as there is no ice machine on the floor.

The parlor suite is very large and is not necessary for two people IMO. I wouldn't pay for the upgrade or even pay to try to get the upgrade via FHR in the future. Nice room, but just a bit much for us. Living room went unused other than breakfast.

The both Wynn and Encore pools get a lot of shade due to surrounding buildings. I would say the Encore pool gets hit by shade faster and harder.

Having dedicated elevators was definitely a plus, never had to wait long for one.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 7:41 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Discussion of combining FHR and mLife status benefits has been exported:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...fe-status.html
Old Jan 16, 2015, 2:45 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Discussion continues here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...tels-only.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.