FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Las Vegas Hotels - FHR experience [2010 -2014]
Old Oct 31, 2011, 7:58 pm
b8b

Programs: DL Plat; HH Diamond; SPG & Hyatt Plat
Stayed at the Mandarin Oriental Las Vegas using Centurion FHR last week at $230/night after taxes.
Overall grade: A+

Rather then reinvent the wheel or plagiarize, I will use Super-Mileage-Fan's review and comment as my experience was similar:

Originally Posted by super-mileage-fan
Received 1-category room upgrade at booking.

No free night, instead received both $100 Spa credit + $200 Spa or Food credit (Centurion benefit)

Breakfast credits for 2 people each day (OK to order room service) (Plat or Cent)

4PM checkout guaranteed (Plat or Centurion) with 6pm if available. (Cent only)

... some expectations that you will tip a lot for over-attentive service all over the hotel, this place is simply amazing. (emphasis mine)

... it is confusing and inconsistent how they apply the credits to your bill at check out -- it depends on the agent.... they charged me tax on a free breakfast, which I think was a mistake.

No free Internet.
Some things to note:
- Credits do not include taxes or tips, so those will remain on your bill at checkout (they only told me about tips when I checked in, not taxes)
- Breakfast credit is $25.95 per person, up to two people
- Spa is expensive, costs $50/day to access the facilities ($40 with treatment), but I have never had such great service at a spa (even at the Ritz in Beaver Creek) - the attendant would come into the steam shower and sauna to bring me iced towels! However, at the end, the bill came with three places to tip: Spa Concierge (who's that? the lady at the front desk who brought me the bill??), Spa attendant and service attendant. Tips can add up quick at this place.
- Very attentive service everywhere, most folks referred to me as Mr. <Lastname>.
- Rooms are very nice, high tech (curtains can be operated from the TV UI, though it's a bit slow and clunky)

Overall, I think it's a fantastic value on a low rate as you'll likely spend more than you would elsewhere after meal expenses. I would most certainly stay here again if I get a $200-$250 rate again.