Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Las Vegas Hotels - FHR experience [2010 -2014]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2011, 11:52 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Delta Gold, Alaska Air MVP Gold
THE Hotel - Vegas

Had a great stay. Booked 2 back to back days there in a V suite (with separate bookings, myself and a supp card member to get the $100 spa bonus both days).

First day checked in and was told I'd get a complimentary upgrade to an H suite, but it wasn't ready yet. Since I had things to do I told them that was fine and I'd come back in a few hours (it was only 10 am anyway). Came a few hours later and was told it still wasn't ready. Desk agent excused himself and came back a few minutes later and said his manager authorized another upgrade to an O suite. Suite was nice, 2000 sq ft. Used the $40 for breakfast, excess $9 was deducted from the bill at check out.

Second night. Checked in and was given automatic upgrade to H suite, which is about 1,900 sq ft. It's a better layout than the O suite I think.

Again used the $40 for breakfast / lunch. Used the $100 spa credit and 4 pm checkout both days.

Booked both nights for $90 + tax each.

The $20 a night resort fee was waived as well. Was told it's part of the FHR benefits.

Overall, great value.

Last edited by jandersinc; Jun 15, 2011 at 11:59 am
Old Jun 24, 2011, 2:18 am

Programs: AA, AS, BA, DL Plat, Chase UR, Diners, UA, F9, WN, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Amex MR.
Mandarin Oriental Las Vegas Centurion FHR Review: A+

A great hotel; A great deal with Centurion if you can get the low-capacity rates. I.e., when you can get the $200-$300 rates, this is a great deal on a stay of 2 to 4 nights. When it costs $500/nt, it is no longer as attractive.

Received 1-category room upgrade at booking.

No free night, instead received both $100 Spa credit + $200 Spa or Food credit (Centurion benefit)

[The above benefit can be redeemed multiple times per year, unlike the 2:1 alternative offer that is offered at most other MOs for Centurtion.

Breakfast credits for 2 people each day (OK to order room service) (Plat or Cent)

4PM checkout guaranteed (Plat or Centurion) with 6pm if available. (Cent only)

The spa is expensive, but it is awesome and high-tech, both the quality of the spa treatments and the quality of the spa wet areas are world class.

If you don't mind spending $18 on drinks in the bar, and some expectations that you will tip a lot for over-attentive service all over the hotel, this place is simply amazing.

Plan on spending a little more than you intended, and it is confusing and inconsistent how they apply the credits to your bill at check out -- it depends on the agent. For example, I think they let me mix my food and spa credits (even though they weren't suppose to), but then they charged me tax on a free breakfast, which I think was a mistake. However, I didn't want to make an issue over it.

Clean, high-tech, stylish, exclusive, VIP service.

No free Internet.

Lots of other great things about this hotel applicable to all guests: free bottles of water, free shoe shines, newspapers, use of very nice gym. They have some cool classes they offer in the gym too. Non-gambling hotel, but very close to Aria and Cosmo and shopping mall. Exclusive and relaxing pool area. Free courtesy car to drive you from hotel (only 1 avail). Great bands in bar some nights. Awesome rooms.
Old Jun 24, 2011, 4:00 pm

Programs: Amex Biz Cent, Marriott LTP, Avis PC, Hilton Owners Diamond, AS MVP
Any idea what to expect for FHR Centurion upgrade at Venetian if we've already booked Rialto suites? Also, it doesn't look like any of the higher category of suites include 2 queen bed floorplans, is that correct? If Rialto is the nicest we can get with 2 queen beds, I might have to decline any additional upgrades if offered
Old Jun 24, 2011, 6:30 pm

Programs: Plat:US,DL (ex KL,AF,LX,LY) Gold:BA,VS (ex CO,UA).Plat.SPG,HGP Diam.HH. ICHG Plat RA. Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by brosnan6
Any idea what to expect for FHR Centurion upgrade at Venetian if we've already booked Rialto suites? Also, it doesn't look like any of the higher category of suites include 2 queen bed floorplans, is that correct? If Rialto is the nicest we can get with 2 queen beds, I might have to decline any additional upgrades if offered
FHR at Venetian in general is pretty lame. The breakfast and lunch benefits are pretty much useless and not eligible to be upgraded (to normal food) for additional payment. The upgrade is only from a regular to a view. In theory, Rialto isn't upgradable at all.
Cent offers nothing additional to Plat at the Venetian.

That having been said, depending on your demeanor and the manager on duty, you could smile your way to a big upgrade if they are not oversold. IME I have had zero upgrades at all (using FHR Cent) and other times was upgraded to a 2,000 sqft suite.
But in all cases they would not exchange the ridiculous "breakfast" nor the fake "lunch" for anything else, regardless of my offering to pay for it...

YMMV but I would strongly suggest you try the Wynn with a Cent, you will have a 180-degree experience...
Old Jun 24, 2011, 9:49 pm

Programs: SPG Gold & SW VACA CLUB, HGP Gold & VACA CLUB, AMEX DELTA, AMEX DELTA BIZ, AMEX PLAT, MC WORLD ELITE
Skylofts

Anyone have an information on the Skylofts booking with FHR lately? I have a 2 br book for a one night stay. I have requested loft 97 or 98. Any info would be great......
Old Jun 25, 2011, 9:59 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Delta Gold, Alaska Air MVP Gold
THE Hotel - Vegas (Platinum Card)

Had a great stay. Booked 2 back to back days (Wed and Thurs nights) there in a V suite (with separate bookings, myself and a supp card member to get the $100 spa bonus both days).

First day checked in and was told I'd get a complimentary upgrade to an H suite, but it wasn't ready yet. Since I had things to do I told them that was fine and I'd come back in a few hours (it was only 10 am anyway). Came a few hours later and was told it still wasn't ready. Desk agent excused himself and came back a few minutes later and said his manager authorized another upgrade to an O suite. Suite was nice, 2000 sq ft. Used the $40 for breakfast, excess $9 was deducted from the bill at check out.

Second night. Checked in and was given automatic upgrade to H suite, which is about 1,900 sq ft. It's a better layout than the O suite I think.

Again used the $40 for breakfast / lunch. Used the $100 spa credit and 4 pm checkout both days.

Booked both nights for $90 + tax each.

The $20 a night resort fee was waived as well. Was told it's part of the FHR benefits.

Overall, great value.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 1:21 pm

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic, Delta Platinum
Oddly, the FHR website has been consistently showing the Four Seasons as not available for online booking. I actually called in to make a rezzie the old fashioned way (so it's still generally available under FHR). Any ideas what's up with that? Wonder if they're exiting the program?
Old Jul 11, 2011, 8:24 am

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic, Delta Platinum
Four Seasons Las Vegas

Booked lowest-level room - upgraded to Strip View room. That worked out great since there was a thunderstorm and you could watch hail ascending and descending with the Strip in the background. Took advantage of the amenities including dinner at Verandah which now really sets the 4S apart from the other FHR properties in town (all of which seem to have gone to spa credits). Folks at the door kindly made the house Mercedes available to take me to the airport.

Pool area had more kids than I might have wanted to see but it wasn't over-run. Mandalay Bay seems to have been eclipsed by Aria as the chic place to go -- clientele isn't what it used to be. Leads to cheap blackjack tables though. At least Pete Rose still likes to hang out in the sports book there.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 10:22 pm

Programs: Plat:US,DL (ex KL,AF,LX,LY) Gold:BA,VS (ex CO,UA).Plat.SPG,HGP Diam.HH. ICHG Plat RA. Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by japaik
for the bellagio, are the credits good for anytime during the day, or do they have to be used at certain times (buffet, olives?)
while jamjaw experienced a very generous/flexible/accidental stroke of fortune in Vegas, officially the Bellagio does not offer any food credits anymore (neither buffet, olives, etc).

The amenity at the Bellagio is a $100 spa credit, as is the case in almost all Las Vegas properties.

(the Venetian uniquely offers an arguably more useless "lunch" from a rigid and downgraded menu).
Old Jul 19, 2011, 6:39 am

Programs: AA EXP; SPG Gold; Hyatt Platinum; Amex Platinum; Meaningless to Everyone Else
Encore Las Vegas

Needed a weekend in Vegas and booked a package deal with JetBlue that included 3 nights at Vdara. Ended up being $500 per person including hotel. Not bad. But, had doubts about Vdara, so booked last night at Encore via Amex FHR (mainly for 4pm checkout).

Confirmed at checkin:

1. Breakfast - $30 per person per day credit to be used at Society Cafe, Encore Lobby Cafe, Wynn Buffet, Tableau or Terrace Point Cafe (all detailed on letter provided at check in;
2. Guaranteed 4pm Checkout (you must tell them you plan to exercise this benefit); and
3. $100 spa credit.

All benefits used. But, the Wynn Buffet is not that great compared to other buffets in Vegas. If I had the choice again, I might do Society Cafe or Terrace Point for breakfast. All in all, a very enjoyable experience though.

As an aside, although not an FHR hotel, Vdara was just very average. Decent rooms but there is no service, parking is terrible if you don't valet, and inconvenient to access (only from Strip or W. Harmon).
Old Jul 19, 2011, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by MCMAHONSMR
Needed a weekend in Vegas and booked a package deal with JetBlue that included 3 nights at Vdara. Ended up being $500 per person including hotel. Not bad. But, had doubts about Vdara, so booked last night at Encore via Amex FHR (mainly for 4pm checkout).

Confirmed at checkin:

1. Breakfast - $30 per person per day credit to be used at Society Cafe, Encore Lobby Cafe, Wynn Buffet, Tableau or Terrace Point Cafe (all detailed on letter provided at check in;
2. Guaranteed 4pm Checkout (you must tell them you plan to exercise this benefit); and
3. $100 spa credit.

All benefits used. But, the Wynn Buffet is not that great compared to other buffets in Vegas. If I had the choice again, I might do Society Cafe or Terrace Point for breakfast. All in all, a very enjoyable experience though.

As an aside, although not an FHR hotel, Vdara was just very average. Decent rooms but there is no service, parking is terrible if you don't valet, and inconvenient to access (only from Strip or W. Harmon).
I would suggest Terrace Point next time - the $60 per day credit is more than adequate to get whatever you want a-la-carte (within reason, of course). I always had extra, and even took smoothies to go a few times...
Old Jul 31, 2011, 6:59 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

FHR - Wynn Spa Credit

Anyone know if salon services are included/excluded from the $100 spa credit? Wanting to get manicure, nail service, etc. instead of massage.

The "salon" has a different webpage than the "spa" is why I ask.
Thanks.
Old Aug 1, 2011, 12:37 pm

Programs: Amex
Venetian

Stayed at the Venetian. Upon checkin was offered a upgrade for 100 a night. I told him I may have an amex upgrade and was given pool view suite. I had to proactively ask for the comp dinner\lunch which can only be used at Bistro Pinot and inquire about the breakfast. The room itself while nice, was probably the worst room I have ever stayed in vegas as far as sound proofing goes. I can literally hear conversations of my neighbors clearly and screaming children.
Old Aug 7, 2011, 10:21 am

MO Las Vegas

Booked a standard room and received a one category upgrade to a Cityscape Room.

$100 spa credit is almost worthless given the prices for spa treatments (which are higher on weekends), although that is generally the case in all LV hotels.

This was the only FHR hotel I have stayed in to date that did not bother to include a written greeting of some kind on behalf of the manager or deliver water and fruit/chocolates/crackers to the room. I know it's not an official benefit, but I was a bit surprised given the MO service culture. On the other hand, I had some significant service issues during my stay which management does not seem to really care about so perhaps it's par for the course at the MO LV.
Old Aug 17, 2011, 7:47 pm

Bellagio Las Vegas

The standard extras were there, but one noteworthy part was that all the extras carry over if you elect to upgrade to a better room.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.