Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Call / calls from AA Executive Office / EXP Liaison / Customer Care (master thd)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 29, 2020, 7:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Concierge Key and Executive Platinum members may receive calls fro the Executive Office / Executive Liaison Office / Customer Care.

link to older posts

Print Wikipost

Call / calls from AA Executive Office / EXP Liaison / Customer Care (master thd)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2020, 7:40 pm

Got an email which had the standard tried to call you back together with "I tried calling you today to check in and see if you had a few minutes to chat about your AAdvantage mileage balance!" Had to cancel and reinstate lots of points due to cxls so have a high balance. Should I be concerned with the call back?
Old Aug 22, 2020, 5:57 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by baclubflyer
Got an email which had the standard tried to call you back together with "I tried calling you today to check in and see if you had a few minutes to chat about your AAdvantage mileage balance!" Had to cancel and reinstate lots of points due to cxls so have a high balance. Should I be concerned with the call back?
I don't see any cause for concern. (Although, as an aside, if you've ever reused your current AAdvantage password on any other site, you should change it, to help protect your miles.)
Old Aug 22, 2020, 6:59 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, DL Plat (but not for long)
I received mine on Thursday...

"Hello Mr. [redacted] my name is [redacted] executive liaisons American Airlines calling today to thank you for your Executive Platinum status and also check in with you regarding the current state of affairs. We would love to speak with you if you have a few minutes. The number is [redacted] again [redacted]. We are available Monday through Friday between 8 AM and 7 PM central standard time. In the meantime we will be hoping hoping you and your family are well. We appreciate your American Airlines loyalty and look forward to speaking to you soon. Have a wonderful day."

I haven't called back. In fact I thought it might be some sort of SPAM until I noticed this thread. This year pre-pandemic I had flown two paid business fares (one to Mexico and one to Brazil). I've since flown two more paid business to Mexico and have one more scheduled so I don't think I would rank especially high in the pecking order. I'm thinking that as a result of the money they have received for keeping their employees on the payroll until October they have more people to do this type of work.
Old Aug 24, 2020, 12:57 am
DC9

Programs: QF Platinum, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by baclubflyer
You may need to be cautious. Should that email ask you to call (888) 225-0725, then there is a negative comment on us.shouldianswer.net

You probably didn’t receive a missed call from them, either, because they never called?

You could always phone AA on a publicly listed number to see if the email is genuine.

In any case, suspicious emails may be forwarded to AA at [email protected] according to this web page:

https://www.aa.com/i18n/customer-ser...l-security.jsp

Your email was probably something like this:

Hello Xxxx
I’m with the AAdvantage program at American Airlines. I tried calling you today to check in and see if you had a few minutes to chat about your AAdvantage mileage balance!
When you're free, please call me at (888) 225-0725.
In the meantime, please take care of yourself and know that we are looking forward to welcoming you aboard again soon!
GrumpyYoungMan likes this.

Last edited by DC9; Aug 24, 2020 at 1:14 am
Old Aug 24, 2020, 5:00 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by DC9
You may need to be cautious.
The phrase "I tried calling you today to check in and see if you had a few minutes to chat about your AAdvantage mileage balance" is not one commonly associated with AA, and could, as you imply, be an attempt to obtain account info to steal one's AAdvantage miles. @baclubflyer should be careful, and not disclose any information such as AAdvantage number, mileage balance, etc. The phrasing reported by @KKinLA seems absolutely in line with AA's messages.
Old Sep 17, 2020, 2:24 pm

AA EXP Desk Called Me

Mods - I searched for a similar post, but did not see anything. If one exists, please feel free to move.

I got a call from the AA EXP desk today! It was a courtesy call. The representative I spoke with said that they were reaching out to all EXP members this week, as EXP members are the bread and butter of the airline. That's why he was reaching out, to thank me for continued patronage. He also briefly mentioned the lobbying efforts for more governmental assistance to possibly avoid further furloughs... They just wanted to see gauge how I felt flying in general, and with AA. He had noticed I had been traveling a lot (the past 3 weekends) and also had more flights booked in the coming weeks, and wanted to reach out to me. It was a pleasant call. I said that as long as precautions were taken, I did not see an issue with flying (granted, I am younger 41, with no underlying health conditions). I also asked when food and beverage service might be resuming for both first class and main cabin. He said they want to resume this, but they are limited by FDA restrictions. Apparently, some of their food vendors and suppliers have been impacted by COVID, so in addition to more stringent cleaning practices, there is a shortage of workers.

FWIW, I fly on my own dime, and not OPM. I may not be a top spender, but I guess even $9K+ spend a year is not inconsequential.
salsa likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2020, 2:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond for Life
Got a text?

This was a new one for me...

Text message:

Good morning Mr Beachfun71 this is David with AA Premium Services Chicago
Your flight to DFW is on time leaving out of gate K9
Boarding should begin around 1030am
You are on the gate upgrade list however First is booked full today with one person who still hasn't
checked in.
Thank you for your continued business especially during this time and have a pleasant flight today.
DC9 likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2020, 9:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by Beachfun71
This was a new one for me...

Text message:

Good morning Mr Beachfun71 this is David with AA Premium Services Chicago
Your flight to DFW is on time leaving out of gate K9
Boarding should begin around 1030am
You are on the gate upgrade list however First is booked full today with one person who still hasn't
checked in.
Thank you for your continued business especially during this time and have a pleasant flight today.
OK at least they gave you some useful information...
AAway likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2020, 10:15 pm

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
I got my call from EXP desk today. Had a nice 15-minute chat. I had a couple of SWU's that disappeared when I used them for an overseas flight that was cancelled, I hadn't bothered yet to call to get them reinstated but I asked her to do it and she said she'd put in the request. The call was a nice touch.
AANYC1981, GrumpyYoungMan and DC9 like this.
Old Sep 19, 2020, 2:05 am
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
Originally Posted by ryan182
Since I've not received one of these can I ask if someone does can you please bring up the deceptive sale of "first"/"business" class tickets on domestic flights that are in reality "economy fares with an instant upgrade"? Both UA and DL did away with this nonsense and file these fares as first class and not "upgrades", only AA does this anymore and its not only deceptive but really the question should be asked "why do you want to screw over the people who pay for FC"
AA is still claiming this bulls*t? I haven't heard that in a long time, but it used to make me so mad. In what context did this come up for you?
Old Sep 19, 2020, 2:46 am

Originally Posted by anabolism
I don't see any cause for concern. (Although, as an aside, if you've ever reused your current AAdvantage password on any other site, you should change it, to help protect your miles.)
From AA's eyes there are a few things to consider:
1. Potential fraudulent activity
2. Customer activity that dictates whether they will continue to fly AA in the near future.
3. Hope to win back the customer to fly.
Old Sep 19, 2020, 7:42 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
forget... got a call a few weeks ago form AA...just checking to see how things were going...
she sent me an email with her direct number, .. to call if I ever needed anything... I did ask her to make me a CK.... (it was worth a shot)
AAway and Zacnlinc like this.
Old Sep 19, 2020, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by fotographer
I did ask her to make me a CK.... (it was worth a shot)
That's my bad... I have repeatedly asked AA to make CK even more exclusive haha
fotographer likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2020, 8:57 am

Oh gosh I got this email verbatim thankfully checked here the email looks quite legit
Old Sep 23, 2020, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by fly747first
OK at least they gave you some useful information...
These are standard for CKs and is a nice touch to see it extended for EPs.
AANYC1981 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.