FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Call / calls from AA Executive Office / EXP Liaison / Customer Care (master thd)
Old Aug 24, 2020, 12:57 am
DC9

Programs: QF Platinum, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by baclubflyer
Got an email which had the standard tried to call you back together with "I tried calling you today to check in and see if you had a few minutes to chat about your AAdvantage mileage balance!" Had to cancel and reinstate lots of points due to cxls so have a high balance. Should I be concerned with the call back?
You may need to be cautious. Should that email ask you to call (888) 225-0725, then there is a negative comment on us.shouldianswer.net

You probably didn’t receive a missed call from them, either, because they never called?

You could always phone AA on a publicly listed number to see if the email is genuine.

In any case, suspicious emails may be forwarded to AA at [email protected] according to this web page:

https://www.aa.com/i18n/customer-ser...l-security.jsp

Your email was probably something like this:

Hello Xxxx
I’m with the AAdvantage program at American Airlines. I tried calling you today to check in and see if you had a few minutes to chat about your AAdvantage mileage balance!
When you're free, please call me at (888) 225-0725.
In the meantime, please take care of yourself and know that we are looking forward to welcoming you aboard again soon!

Last edited by DC9; Aug 24, 2020 at 1:14 am