Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Call / calls from AA Executive Office / EXP Liaison / Customer Care

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2008, 5:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAEXP 3+MM, Marriott Plt and Plt for life, Hyatt Diamond

I got home from a trip today and I had a call from the AA executive office on my voicemail. They asked me to call them in regards to a recent email I had sent to customer service.
For the last year most of my travel has been on American Eagle. This means no possibility of upgardes and a lot of small planes with seats that are falling apart.
I have been really dissappointed lately .I also fly out of Milwaukee and they have changed the schedule a few times dropping flights I used to take.
With all of this going on I sent an email saying I was basically giving up and moving to Midwest Airlines.
I wanted nothing except to let them know that if they continue I may not be the only one jumping airlines.

QUSETION: What should I expect them to say if I return their call?

Last edited by JDiver; Jul 29, 2020 at 7:37 pm Reason: ... moderator note
Old Jan 31, 2008, 5:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
I've had a couple of calls from AA over the years in responses to my email. They've always been very pleasant calls. Go ahead and call them back and please report back here on the conversation.
Old Jan 31, 2008, 5:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 3MM
Nothing ventured nothing gained.
Old Jan 31, 2008, 5:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I dunno, but assume it's a very focused interview whose content, aggregated with others, will reach top management. Be prepared to tell them all the things that make you choose another airline over AA/Eagle or might push you to do so.
Old Jan 31, 2008, 5:16 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Give 'em a shout - just don't expect a 777 on your next MKE-ORD flight.
Old Jan 31, 2008, 5:21 pm
Original Poster

I don't want a 777 just better duct tape one the arm rests. Maybe they could actully put tray tables back on the seat backs. I am getting tired of seeing the little hand written signs that say my seat can be used as a flotation device.
Old Jan 31, 2008, 5:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by flyinghome
I don't want a 777 just better duct tape one the arm rests. Maybe they could actully put tray tables back on the seat backs. I am getting tired of seeing the little hand written signs that say my seat can be used as a flotation device.
Tell them these things, but keep in mind that the conversation likely will be more effective if you avoid hyperbole and while bit*hing and moaning, try to point out some of the things that you like about AA. It will make your complaints more credible. But the fact that they've called you means that they're taking your complaints seriously.
Old Jan 31, 2008, 7:40 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP (5.8MM Airpass) Delta Gold Medallion Marriott Platinum
I got home from a trip today and I had a call from the AA executive office on my voicemail. They asked me to call them in regards to a recent email I had sent to customer service.
For the last year most of my travel has been on American Eagle. This means no possibility of upgardes and a lot of small planes with seats that are falling apart.
I have been really dissappointed lately .I also fly out of Milwaukee and they have changed the schedule a few times dropping flights I used to take.
With all of this going on I sent an email saying I was basically giving up and moving to Midwest Airlines.
I wanted nothing except to let them know that if they continue I may not be the only one jumping airlines.

QUSETION: What should I expect them to say if I return their call?
If you're doing connecting flights, why not drive to ORD and go nonstop?
Old Jan 31, 2008, 7:48 pm

I tried this a few years ago

when AA switched BDL - ORD and BDL - STL to Eagles from MD-80's.

I whined and complained, even switched to US(ELESS)AIR for awhile, and ended up coming back to AA, only now I do my best to connect through DFW or MIA, where they still fly mainline planes from BDL.

They're not gonna listen, even if they lose you, even if you're an EXP. The cost associated with flying an ERJ with two low paid pilots and one low paid FA is so much lower than flying a mainline plane with two high paid pilots and three OK paid crew.

When they went Eagle on BDL - ORD, they went from four MD-80's a day to six ERJ's, that was how they spun it (oooh, so much more convenient schedule!). Now they're down to five a day. The STL leg is the worst, i did it this week, it is 2:55 on paper, and usually about 3:15 in the air. It's the worst, but it still isn't as bad as USAir.
Old Jan 31, 2008, 8:05 pm

Be nice to them and chances are you'll get something you'll like.

The executive office folks have the ability to do things for customers that the other customer service organizations don't. Believe me, I speak from experience.

No, they won't get a 777 put on your routes, but they can certainly sweeten the perks you get if they feel your business is worth it.

Last edited by DFWRaider; Jan 31, 2008 at 8:06 pm Reason: syntax
Old Feb 1, 2008, 6:22 am

Received this call a couple years ago, asking why my flying with AA had declined so much. Answer at the time was service, which had deteriorated badly IMHO while UA was getting much better and *A offered more and better options. Very interested in my comments but nothing offered.
Old Feb 1, 2008, 6:59 am
Original Poster

Thanks folks for the thoughts. I am on calls all morning but I will call then this afternoon. I will report back what we discuss.

As to why I do not fly out of Chicago.

two reasons: I would not continue to be EXP without a few extra segments.

The traffic to O'hare is so hard to predict that I never know if I need to leave 2.5 hours before flight or 5 hours before flight.
Old Feb 1, 2008, 11:29 am

What should I expect them to say if I return their call?
You can expect that it is a courtesy call where they are going to tell you about upcoming plans and changes for some of the routes you fly with Eagle. Most likely to ask you to hang in there and wait for the changes to take place that will enhance your travel experience! Just don't expect any of their upcoming plans and changes to take place anytime before mid summer.

Do not hesitate to inform them of your safety concerns when you board planes that employ duct tape (if safety is one of your concerns) as that always seems to get their attention when their safety record is called into question.

Also, expect some customer service miles. Based on the "blister factor" involved in putting one's butt in those Eagle seats - upwards of 25K would be in order I imagine (depending on the number of flights you've taken with them the past year on Eagle) 200 per leg is the absolute least. Keep your fingers crossed on that one.
Old Feb 1, 2008, 11:37 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum

The traffic to O'hare is so hard to predict that I never know if I need to leave 2.5 hours before flight or 5 hours before flight.
But this applies to flight connecting through ORD as well

Cheers.
Old Feb 1, 2008, 4:10 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP (5.8MM Airpass) Delta Gold Medallion Marriott Platinum
Unfortunately for the OP, I am sure AA has done the analysis on which planes to use where. A few (even hundreds) of EXP fliers don't matter in the scheme of things. Not sure where you go but Midwest Express is the best domestic carrier I have ever been on and I use them whenever I can.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.