Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

How to get AA / AAdvantage flight / flights history? (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 5, 2016, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
How to get AA flight history
From the older AA forum FAQ:

Q. Where can I get my complete AA account history?

AA.com only retains account records online for six months. Thus, many AAdvantage members will save a PDF copy of their account statement each month for their records. Older statements are available for a fee by calling AAdvantage Customer Service. An 18-month summary report requires 2-3 weeks to deliver. Statements from the last 3 years are provided in the form of screen shots. Older statements may be available on microfiche.

Individual flight histories can also be tracked using FlightMemory.com, a free website with attractive graphical displays and annual summaries. Extensive data can be uploaded from spreadsheets for a fee.

Print Wikipost

How to get AA / AAdvantage flight / flights history? (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2010, 9:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by cesco.g
It's been a while, since I looked at details of my AA account. However, now I seem to just get to view monthly summaries. How can detailed activity be viewed for - say back to 1/1/09?

I am sure it's somewhere on this forum, but search did not turn up anything.

TIA!
You can view your last 6 monthly statements online. Further back than that, you can get from AA for a charge. They can go back several years, so 1/1/09 shouldn't be a problem.
Old Aug 11, 2010, 10:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for the quick reply, gemac. I can indeed see the summary for each month, but not the details, e.g. where the miles came from. IIRC, I could see flights&dates listed some time ago.
Old Aug 11, 2010, 10:29 pm

Programs: AA ex-Plat
cesco -- wondering if there is something specific you're looking for?

when i view my monthly "summary," i can see the mileage, bonus and totals for each segment that i took, in addition to the totals for the monthly period on aa.com.

i'm not sure why your summary wouldn't be showing the same for each of the past 6 months unless the current month's statement was still being processed for some reason ...

is there some more detail you could provide about the situation or what you're seeing online at aa.com?
Old Aug 11, 2010, 11:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott GLD, HH PLT, Hertz 5*
Its always good to keep an eye on your miles and upgrades summaries.

AA decided to double-dip SWUs from my account, to which I am currently 2 SWUs missing, which the kind EXP desk acknowledged and are in the process of recovering them.

BM
Old Aug 12, 2010, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks all for the replies. I finally discovered that flight details show up in a separate area below, pertaining to each month pulled up in the summary, e.g. change as the month's summary selection is being changed.

I've been so much used to a system where you can specify a date period and then pull up all activity for it, that I kept looking for that method.

Been catching up with several accounts yesterday and just got lost in the miles & point jungle!

Going only six months back is really insufficient, unless there is another way to pull up AAdvantage activity online I am not aware of. Still, LH is even worse with only 3 months of history.

In this case UA MP wins, where you can pull up any time period for up to 2 years, currently back to 1/1/09!
Old Sep 3, 2010, 5:50 am

Programs: EXP 2M, HH Dmd, Marriott Gld, Hertz PC
Question Lifetime Miles Actually Flown

I just went over 2 MM recently, and I am curious to know how many of those were actual miles flown.

Is there a way to find this out?
Old Sep 3, 2010, 6:29 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
No. Short of individually tracking all of your flights on a site like flightmemory.com or ordering statements for every month of your membership in AAdvantage, there's no easy way to actually track Butt-in-Seat (BIS) miles.

-FlyerBeek
Old Sep 3, 2010, 7:14 am

Programs: AA,CX, BA, Priority Club, SPG, Hilton
Good for you btw. Congrats.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 7:38 am

Programs: AA, MR, HH, SPG
About a year ago I was asking a customer service agent about getting a printout of all my flights. The agent mentioned that it was possible to order a printout. She mentioned that there was a $50 fee for this. You might want to call in and see if they are still offering this service if you really want to tally everything all up.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
For myself, with about 2 3/4 million, I'd approximate it by saying that about 300K were credit card spending over the years and 350K assorted bonuses, leaving about 2.1 million. Divide that by two (have been at least PLT since getting comped from Delta in 1998) to get a bit over a million BIS miles in 12 years of serious AA flying.

Going at it a different way, I had four years of EXP and six of earned PLT (not counting years of lifetime PLT when I wouldn't have had it otherwise). That's a minimum of 700,000 BIS miles. I cut a few of those really close, but was quite a bit over in others and flew some AA miles in other years, so this figure is low.

Both of these are rough estimates, not the exact data you may have been looking for, but they combine to say my number is in the very high six figures. In the absence of any real need to know exactly (other than curiosity), it's enough for me.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 9:47 am
Original Member

Programs: AA (Life Plat), Marriott (Life Titanium) and every other US program
If you are really trying to figure out your BIS you also need to:

1. Even if you made EXP, many of the flights might have been "500 mile" segments where you may have flown as few as 36 miles (SNA-LAX). So just taking 1/2 (or whatever) to reduce the bonus isn't sufficient.

2. You will want to add your award flights. Those are BIS miles (if you are really trying to say "I have flown xxx BIS miles").
Old Sep 3, 2010, 9:57 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by icefire1
I just went over 2 MM recently, and I am curious to know how many of those were actual miles flown.

Is there a way to find this out?
There are limits on how far back you can secure information on your flight activity. This now-merged thread discusses the issue and has specifics (Search using account history as keywords revealed it. This question illustrates exactly why the TOS addresses Search - it helps reveal existing information, and honors those who have taken the time and effort to address the issue at hand:

To summarize salient points made in this thread - which go back three years, so beware some minor changes may have occurred.

Originally Posted by AAir_head
: You can get the last 6 months online at aa.com. For more than that, you'll probably have to call Customer Service (800-421-0600).
Originally Posted by Island
: You can call and get 18 months of previous statements, in a statement format. It takes 2-3 weeks.
Originally Posted by AdamSouthFL
: The fee is $50 for a service of providing you the last 18 months of account activity. I just did this last week. You can email advantage with the question, and just reply to their reply with your credit card number.
badjuju: If you had a business extraa account, it's all listed there.

Originally Posted by JDiver
in 2009: AA can send out 18 months of past summaries, combined into one report. This takes 2-3 weeks to receive because an outsourced vendor recovers and prints the report.

Beyond 18 months all that can be provided are screen prints of the data that is in the system. As of February 2008 (when we had the conversation - JD), that was Jan 2005 - current. Each year they remove the oldest year and it is migrated off the system, so that would mean January 2007 today (2010).

AA also has in most cases 2003, 2004 and 2005 on microfiche, and can print out the requisite panes. There are fees associated with this, so I doubt anyone will do this merely to satisfy their curiosity - but if you need the data, it's there (e.g establish you were out of the country on April 15 for the IRS, or in the country for CBP, etc.)

You can call and request copies of all activity on file. These are not statements, but screen prints. And the data available is only for the past 2-3 years. Usually takes about a week. There is a fee for each one of these services.

Last edited by JDiver; Dec 5, 2016 at 12:11 pm
Old Sep 3, 2010, 10:07 am

Programs: AA EXP 3MM
The good news for those posting here is that if AAdvantage changes the qualification requirements for lifetime status, there's a good chance you will be able to track BIS miles from that point on.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ill-exist.html
Old Sep 4, 2010, 3:28 pm

Programs: EXP 2M, HH Dmd, Marriott Gld, Hertz PC
Lifetime Miles

I don't get it.

AA keeps track of your lifetime miles which includes everything.

How hard would it be in this day and age to also show actual miles flown?

When you log into Marriott you can see how many nights you have stayed since joining.
Old Sep 4, 2010, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by icefire1
I don't get it.

AA keeps track of your lifetime miles which includes everything.

How hard would it be in this day and age to also show actual miles flown?

When you log into Marriott you can see how many nights you have stayed since joining.
It's probably not difficult. They probably just don't care about that figure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.