Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

How to get AA / AAdvantage flight / flights history? (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 5, 2016, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
How to get AA flight history
From the older AA forum FAQ:

Q. Where can I get my complete AA account history?

AA.com only retains account records online for six months. Thus, many AAdvantage members will save a PDF copy of their account statement each month for their records. Older statements are available for a fee by calling AAdvantage Customer Service. An 18-month summary report requires 2-3 weeks to deliver. Statements from the last 3 years are provided in the form of screen shots. Older statements may be available on microfiche.

Individual flight histories can also be tracked using FlightMemory.com, a free website with attractive graphical displays and annual summaries. Extensive data can be uploaded from spreadsheets for a fee.

Print Wikipost

How to get AA / AAdvantage flight / flights history? (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2010, 5:29 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA (Life Plat), Marriott (Life Titanium) and every other US program
Originally Posted by FlyMeToTheLooneyBin
It's probably not difficult. They probably just don't care about that figure.
I would be relatively certain that they don't have the information. They could start tracking it (if they want to spend the money to reprogram, store, etc.) but I just don't think the history is there.
Old Nov 1, 2010, 10:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton something
Flight history from AA?

Is there a way to get my entire AA flight history? (At least since I've been an AAdvantage member)...

United allows this if you send a written (i.e. snail-mail) request to their FF customer service center. Does anyone know if something similar exists for AA?
Old Nov 1, 2010, 10:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ljwobker
Is there a way to get my entire AA flight history? (At least since I've been an AAdvantage member)...

United allows this if you send a written (i.e. snail-mail) request to their FF customer service center. Does anyone know if something similar exists for AA?
This isn't really a frequently asked question here, as it only gets asked about once every three months. If you want a precise answer, it should come up pretty easily with search. In general, there is a fairly short period that is available easily. A somewhat longer period that they have to dig for, and you have to pay to retrieve. Beyond that (maybe 3 years) nada.
Old Nov 1, 2010, 10:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Delta Platinum, HH Silver, Hertz PC, National ExEl
Originally Posted by ljwobker

I just requested one. It has to be done through AAdvantage Customer Service. Up to 18 months electronically. Up to five year in print, which will be mailed via Fedex to your address on record.

Talking to different agents, there was some disagreement about how it works, all had to look it up. The first two indicated a $75 charge, the third reading through the fine print, told me if I only wanted the flights there was no charge. I think persistence may pay off in avoiding the charge.

I took less than a week until I got them with no charge.

I hope that helped.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 5:05 pm

Programs: UAL, AA, HILTON, MARRIOTT, SPG
AA Miles Flown Summary - Where is this located on AA?

AA Miles Summary - Where is this located on AA?

Does anyone know where to find a detailed list of all flights flown for one year (12 months) on AA.com? All I see is the last four months. I want to see all my flight miles flown for 2010.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 5:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Don't think you'll find it there. They only list the recent ones as you've seen. I think this is another reason so many people keep their own spreadsheets with the flights.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 5:28 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by flavatravel

Does anyone know where to find a detailed list of all flights flown for one year (12 months) on AA.com? All I see is the last four months. I want to see all my flight miles flown for 2010.
You can only get the last few months' activity on aa.com. To go back further you need to call AAdvantage customer service who can provide you with historical info for a fee.

There is a consolidated thread addressing this issue here
Old Jan 7, 2011, 5:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Premier Plat, Alaska MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum

Not available. This is a good reason to use something like TripIt.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 8:03 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium

flavatravel, your question has been merged with the master thread, as the topic has been discussed before (and the answers basically remain unchanged ).

Please take a look at the first post to see the relevant posts that discuss how one may request their account history from AA. I'd also suggest looking up-thread a little, where you'll see some of the discussion that just happened a few months ago; it looked like one member was able to get his/her account summary at no charge. As always, YMMV.

Thanks for your cooperation! /Moderator
Old Feb 5, 2011, 4:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Requesting Flight Log?

Hi all,

Is there a way to request a complete flight log on my AAdvantage account from AA?

Thanks in advance,
Old Feb 5, 2011, 5:58 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Yup - but you'll have to contact AA, and it may cost you a few bucks.

From the FAQ entry (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...l#post11822075):

• Where can I get my complete AA account history?

AA.com only retains account records online for six months. Thus, many AAdvantage members will save a PDF copy of their account statement each month for their records. Older statements are available for a fee by calling AAdvantage Customer Service. An 18-month summary report requires 2-3 weeks to deliver. Statements from the last 3 years are provided in the form of screen shots. Older statements may be available on microfiche.
For more details, take a look at the posts mentioned in the first entry of this thread.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 9:10 am

Getting statements for flights over 6 months ago [older, statement, previous]

Is there a way on AA.com to search for a previous flight that I took?
Old Mar 31, 2015, 9:26 am

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by amyers
Is there a way on AA.com to search for a previous flight that I took?
Not sure what you are exactly looking for. The itineraries due drop off a day or two after the trip is complete but you can look at your account summary and see the miles that posted. That will tell you city pairs and flight number.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 9:37 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by neo_781
Not sure what you are exactly looking for. The itineraries due drop off a day or two after the trip is complete but you can look at your account summary and see the miles that posted. That will tell you city pairs and flight number.
I understand the need - I've had times where I've been attempting to request missing mileage credit, and wanted to look up the PNR and/or the ticket number for a previously flown flight. Because it was booked on a corporate credit card, I didn't have access to see the ticket number on the credit card statement like I would if it was booked on a personal card.

To answer the OP's question, I don't believe there is a way on aa.com once the flight drops off...
Old Mar 31, 2015, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have an email folder where I only keep the ticketing emails.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.