Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

How to get AA / AAdvantage flight / flights history? (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 5, 2016, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
How to get AA flight history
From the older AA forum FAQ:

Q. Where can I get my complete AA account history?

AA.com only retains account records online for six months. Thus, many AAdvantage members will save a PDF copy of their account statement each month for their records. Older statements are available for a fee by calling AAdvantage Customer Service. An 18-month summary report requires 2-3 weeks to deliver. Statements from the last 3 years are provided in the form of screen shots. Older statements may be available on microfiche.

Individual flight histories can also be tracked using FlightMemory.com, a free website with attractive graphical displays and annual summaries. Extensive data can be uploaded from spreadsheets for a fee.

Print Wikipost

How to get AA / AAdvantage flight / flights history? (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2009, 1:15 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by SJOGuy
This doesn't answer the OP's question, but I have kept a list of every flight I've ever taken since the first time I flew 28 years ago. It began as a written list in a notebook; it now exists as a Word file that I simply add to after each trip, with date, airline and flight number, starting point and destination. I have no other reason than it being fun to look at every so often.
One suggestion I'd make is to migrate this to Excel, if it's in a table format. This will allow all of the data you currently have in separate columns, and also allow a wealth of calculations if you want to do that. I have mine dating back to 2004 (when I found out about FT and got serious about it) with all kinds of tracking done automatically.

Cheers.
Old Nov 2, 2009, 2:25 pm

Programs: GE, AA PLT/2.6MM, BR Gld, Royal Carib. DM+, Celebrity Elite, NCL PLT, Princess Elite
I second flight memory, but I also have a "Passenger Flight Log Book." Actually, I am on log book number three. It is published by a Canadian company called Aviation World in Toronto.
Old Nov 2, 2009, 2:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, Asiana Club Silver, KE Morning Calm, Hyatt Platinum, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by normcpa
I'm jealous! I used to save all tickets, but the last ten years or so a lot of the airlines (e.g., Southwest) take your ticket, and I have nothing to put in the folder. Also the airlines often don't give you a folder anymore. I probably have 98%+ of all of my tickets 1958-2005, then perhaps 70-80% since.

So the question is what is going to happen to all of those tickets? I'm afraid the answer is: The kids will throw them out (unless I do it first).
Here's what I do: I immediately re-print another copy of the boarding pass at the kiosk. So when they take one of the BPs, you still have another copy in your hand for your record-keeping.

I used to collect BP too, but now I just scan them from my all-in-one printer and save them as a JPEG file in my USB stick. Yeah, I'm a nerd
Old Nov 2, 2009, 3:18 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by JDiver
I"Here's the deal" on AA historical records.
This may come in quite handy for my wife's citizenship application, since we weren't bright enough to write down each time she's been out of the country in the past three years. At least we know that she's only ever left the country on AA!
Old Nov 2, 2009, 3:24 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by kebosabi
Here's what I do: I immediately re-print another copy of the boarding pass at the kiosk. So when they take one of the BPs, you still have another copy in your hand for your record-keeping.

I used to collect BP too, but now I just scan them from my all-in-one printer and save them as a JPEG file in my USB stick. Yeah, I'm a nerd
I print all of my BPs to PDF.
Old Nov 2, 2009, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by aamilesslave
I print all of my BPs to PDF.
What about the international ones? Do you scan the ticket stock stubs after you return?
Old Nov 2, 2009, 4:19 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by ESpen36
What about the international ones? Do you scan the ticket stock stubs after you return?
I could at some point - but those go into a special envelope.
Old Nov 2, 2009, 4:33 pm

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Has anyone paid to get their data from the last 18 or 24 months, or would I be the only one crazy enough to do that?
Old Nov 2, 2009, 7:41 pm
BAK

Programs: AA/HH/SPG Gold
How about using your emails from AA ? I usually try to permanently store everything at least somewhat meaningful.
Old Nov 2, 2009, 8:26 pm

Programs: AA CK, Marriott Plat
Just ask

I have called the EXP desk in the past two years and asked for all my activity in the previous 12 months, and they sent me an email with all the flights in a text format, free of charge.
Old Nov 2, 2009, 9:41 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum
Originally Posted by brp
One suggestion I'd make is to migrate this to Excel, if it's in a table format. This will allow all of the data you currently have in separate columns, and also allow a wealth of calculations if you want to do that. I have mine dating back to 2004 (when I found out about FT and got serious about it) with all kinds of tracking done automatically.

Cheers.
The key piece of info missing from my list is mileage for these flights, but I could fill that in with Great Circle Mapper. Many of my flights are repetitive. I've done the 1,776 miles of DFW-SJO or SJO-DFW now 115 times in the approx. 10 years that AA has offered that route.
Old Nov 3, 2009, 12:32 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Gold
Originally Posted by jw713
For anyone else interested in this, I had done a search recently and came up with this thread. I wanted more specific info on it so I e-mailed AA...here's their response:

I'm very interested in this data to help my wife hit 1MM (I hit 1MM in about 3 years, so the 2 years of data would help provide some insight to me) and for curiosity on my traveling. Not sure if it's worth $75 though.
75 more miles if you have the AA credit card Maybe worth it if you have 1,999,975 lifetime miles. just imagine, your curiosity can push you to lifetime platinum!
Old Nov 3, 2009, 3:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by bniu
75 more miles if you have the AA credit card Maybe worth it if you have 1,999,975 lifetime miles. just imagine, your curiosity can push you to lifetime platinum!
Or even 1,999,925 miles
(they are earning 75 )
Old Dec 6, 2009, 3:56 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2MM,Alaska MVP Gold, HH Diamond
Question cumulative AA mileage summary??

Have tried twice to see in the AA platinum desk has any ability to search for and print all program miles earned by a member. The answer I got both times was that they purge it after 3 yrs due to space constraints? Huh?! I get that that takes up probably terabytes of space, but any old data does. Memory is cheap!

With the many members here who have www.flightmemory.com data, are you all either very detailed and kept all that paper, or are savants and can remember that stuff? I flew with AA starting in "86, and had many years of big miles in DFW & later STL.

Has anyone had any success with getting them to get this data, or am I SOL?

Thanks!
Old Dec 6, 2009, 4:31 pm

Programs: AA Life PLT 3MM/ NZ Gold
Data has no value so why keep it that long. Current statements reflect program to date data.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.